Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

What ever makes you happy! :hmpf:

both of them make me happy thats why made this topic :classic:

These topics should be posted in community from now on. Thank you. I hope I beat you to it Sinner!

Please note that due to an overabundance of topics like this we prefer that they are in community.

As for advice, I second the opinion of CGH! :tongue: Any advice I or anyone would give would reflect what they want, not what you want. My advice to you is to download the instuctions and decide that way.

I hope I beat you to it Sinner!

Yes! :tongue:

I'm thinking on wether to get The Lost Tomb or The River Chase. They are both the same price and both look pretty cool. The Lost Tomb has 2 figs, Ark of the Covenant, tons of snakes, and so on, while The River Chase has 4 figs, automobile, croc, and 2 snakes. I would rather get the opinion from a person who has both sets, but if you don't, that's fine too. So please, find it in your'e heart to help a noobish (not THAT noobish) person in need of opinions.

It really depends on what sort of set you like.

If you like more temple type sets with snakes and things like that then go for the lost tomb.

If you prefer sets that have more vehicles and foliage with more figs, choose the river chase.

My personal preference is the river chase, as I like foliage a lot. However, my opinion changes quite frequently so don't take it too seriously. :tongue:

Both are wonderful sets and I can highly recommend both. :thumbup:

Edited by Erdbeereis1

Like what CGH said in another thread,

Get what you want.

Like what CGH said in another thread,

Get what you want.

Jep, there's enough reviews, pictures and shop displays around to make up your mind!

Are you going to ask us everytime you need to take a decision on something? :hmpf:

Maybe it's time to stop this 'What should I get' (and similar) Threads :sceptic: .

As I look in the Community, I see at least 5 of them in the first page. And they seem 5 too many to me :hmpf_bad: .

If you really can't decide on your own, you can always use the old proven methot of flipping a coin :laugh:

LuxorV

Maybe it's time to stop this 'What should I get' (and similar) Threads :sceptic:

Funny you should mention that, as the situation is currently being considered. :wink:

If you need to seek opnions in what to buy, looking through reviews will be very good reference for you.

There are many members in EB, contributing reviews at a regular basis, especially on recent sets. You can take a look at the index which was created by ImperialShadows, in Licensed Theme forum.

These are the reviews, on sets which you are intend to choose.

7621: Lost Tomb

Review 1 and Review 2

7625 River Chase

Review 1 and Review 2

These are all very good reviews. Hope this could help you. :sweet:

Just to give my 2 cents worth of choosing sets.

Other people opnions does not really matter. It matters whether you like it at all. Others may like it, and you buy something based on others advice. When you bought it, and bring it home to build. You start to think, "Is this what I really want?"

Personally, you buy and build LEGO is based on your personal preference, and not others. It's not very important on what others think. It most important to know what you really "think" and "feel".

After all, it's your own money. Don't be easily swayed by others. :wink:

In future, these "I don't know what I like so please tell me" topics belong in community... if anywhere. I'll move this one there now.

Okay, I'm looking into purchasing some coast guard sets and I need to know which is more favoured: Set 7726 (the Coast Guard Truck W/Speedboat) or set 7738 (the Coast Guard Helicopter W/Life Raft). They cost the same, so I want to know which one has the best playibility and which is the best to look at.

Thanks.

Third time this week, decide for yourself! :hmpf:

Seconded, I'm so tired of these decision threads... :hmpf_bad:

Hi, I am planning on buying some sets from ebay and I want to know for which one go. I want the 7171 Mos Espa Podrace or the 7184 MTT so which is better? I own the new MTT :thumbup: and like it but I always have wish the old one for some reason :tongue: but the pods look so well so for which go.

Hmmm, very tricky situation you have there :sceptic:

NOT :tongue: 7171 podrace is one of the best sets ever made imo, but the MTT (old one) sorry, but it was kinda a hunk of junk - i would really reccomend the podrace though :thumbup:

Edited by legoman

second the podracer option, the original MTT looks like crap now and you'll be ashamed to display it next to the new one :tongue: , and mos espa podrace had loads of rare minifigures like padme selbulba, and the pods are very well detailed and not likely to get a rerelease anytime soon.

if your a troop builder or want los of brown pieces go with the MTT

If you want some unique minifigure and/or orange,green blue pieces go with pod racer, plus if you get the wattos junkyard with some MOCs and alterations you'll have a nice podracer starting grid diorama

Are you kidding me? :wacko: The Podrace of course! :sing:

If you already have the cool new MTT with its 20 new droids and blasters, why would you waste your money to buy the poorly designed old one? :sceptic: There's nothing special about it. :sadnew:

The Podrace, on the other hand, has 3 huge, highly detailed Pods with parts that you don't get anywhere else, like all the orange pieces on Sebulba's Pod. Also, it comes with almost all Episode 1 minifigs, + Sebulba and Gasgano! :sweet: Sebulba is kinda useless (1 mold), but Gasgano's head is very useful for custom aliens, especially angry Kaminoans! :laugh:

Believe me, you won't regret getting this set! :wink: It is one of my favorite sets ever, and I still regret having taken it apart. :cry_sad: