Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

I saw the Blue Power Jet on clearance at Walmart for $50. It's a set that is on my radar, but many other sets are ahead of it. I usually really enjoy Creator sets for the builds but don't keep them on display, so they have to have useful parts for city building and I'm not sure if this one has that. Opinions?

Id like to get four of the winter Village sets, out of the 7 available.

One for each weekend of Christmas, building one every sunday as a Christmas tradition, but i cant decide Which ones to get

Which Arctic set to get?

Trying to decide between 6575 (Polar Base from BL) and 60036 (Arctic Base camp). The new driller is really nice, but the older base look more substantial. Suggestions?

Which Arctic set to get?

Trying to decide between 6575 (Polar Base from BL) and 60036 (Arctic Base camp). The new driller is really nice, but the older base look more substantial. Suggestions?

I have a friend who has 60036, and it's not all that impressive in person. I definitely recommend 6575.

I have a friend who has 60036, and it's not all that impressive in person. I definitely recommend 6575.

Could you elaborate on that please? Just too small?

Thanks.

Could you elaborate on that please? Just too small?

Thanks.

It is too plain, I think more focus on the actual research center itself instead of the vehicles would have fixed this. It is also unstable, at least when picking it up. 6575 has more details and color variation, plus four rare white baseplates to represent snow.

One for each weekend of Christmas, building one every sunday as a Christmas tradition, but i cant decide Which ones to get

Toy Shop (New Version)- A classic set, getting the old one would be way to expensive, and they're virtually the same.

Bakery- Narrow choice over the Post office, but it has a bonus Ice Skating Rink and a christmas tree stand and wagon, so it's the better deal.

Cottage- One of the best livable houses Lego has ever made, highly detailed and worth your time.

Santa's Workshop- Every village needs this.

Hope that helps. :classic:

Which one of these Ninjago sets are the best? I want to get an £8-25 Skybound set before catching up with last year's sets.

Cole's Dragon (£7.99)

Ninja Bike Chase (£17.99)

Sky Shark (£17.99)

Jay's Elemental Dragon (£24.99)

Raid Zeppelin (£24.99)

Which one of these Ninjago sets are the best? I want to get an £8-25 Skybound set before catching up with last year's sets.

Cole's Dragon (£7.99)

Ninja Bike Chase (£17.99)

Sky Shark (£17.99)

Jay's Elemental Dragon (£24.99)

Raid Zeppelin (£24.99)

Cole's Dragon has an excellent design and is cheap, so would recommend that.

Toy Store, Bakery, Post Office, Santa's House

Just MHO. YMMV,

Andy D

I cant decide Sand Crawler or Slave 1? I did decide Slave 1 but now I don't know. Is the Sand Crawler worth the extra money?

Or shall I just say stuff it and get the Ghost busters fire house :grin:

I want a big set that is fun to build, keep me occupied for a good amount of time and looks good on display.

Edited by JonnyYeti

I want a big set that is fun to build

I've heard that the Firehouse is a repetitive build. Maybe knowing that might help narrow it down for you.

I've heard that the Firehouse is a repetitive build. Maybe knowing that might help narrow it down for you.

That is one of the things putting me off but also I think the Sand Crawler might be repetitive....

Fair point. I guess it also depends on if you care more about the interior or exterior. And then there's the matter of playability (i.e., Sandcrawler is mobile, whereas the Firehouse isn't).

Two modulars (probably Petshop + PC) vs. Ghostbuster HQ vs. Tower Bridge. Due to the pricing quirks, the GB HQ is exactly twice the price of modulars in Canada. Towerbridge is kind of in between, although it seems to have the lowest PPP. Really no interest in the movie, so just as buildings.

Aside from the end products, which one have better part selections for house related mocs?

Thanks.

Edited by wgemini

Two modulars (probably Petshop + PC) vs. Ghostbuster HQ vs. Tower Bridge. Due to the pricing quirks, the GB HQ is exactly twice the price of modulars in Canada. Towerbridge is kind of in between, although it seems to have the lowest PPP. Really no interest in the movie, so just as buildings.

Aside from the end products, which one have better part selections for house related mocs?

Thanks.

I definitely recommend you get the two modulars. I own the Palace Cinema and I love it. The Ghostbusters Headquarters is great but a little plain on the outside, it's definitely only worth getting if you are a fan. As for a parts pack, I would say the Pet Shop is the best. You get a ton of dark red in the Ghostbusters set, but you also get a lot of it too in the Pet Shop, plus sand blue. I don't think getting the Towerbridge would be a good idea, it does not have many rare parts and the build looks extremely repetitive. But those are just my opinions.

I definitely recommend you get the two modulars. I own the Palace Cinema and I love it. The Ghostbusters Headquarters is great but a little plain on the outside, it's definitely only worth getting if you are a fan. As for a parts pack, I would say the Pet Shop is the best. You get a ton of dark red in the Ghostbusters set, but you also get a lot of it too in the Pet Shop, plus sand blue. I don't think getting the Towerbridge would be a good idea, it does not have many rare parts and the build looks extremely repetitive. But those are just my opinions.

Thanks. Do the modulars ever go on sale? I am even thinking about getting two pet shops and sell one once it retires to fund the purchase of Palace Cinema. These modulars are crazily priced in the aftermarket for whatever reason.

I guess the Ghostbusters can always wait since it's new.

Still undecided on the Tower Bridge.

Thanks. Do the modulars ever go on sale? I am even thinking about getting two pet shops and sell one once it retires to fund the purchase of Palace Cinema. These modulars are crazily priced in the aftermarket for whatever reason.

I guess the Ghostbusters can always wait since it's new.

Still undecided on the Tower Bridge.

I don't think I've ever seen any modular builds on sale from the Lego store, but once in a great while you may get lucky and find them on sale at other retailers. I bought my Fire Brigade from Target online when it was about $130, instead of the normal retail price of $150.

I don't think I've ever seen any modular builds on sale from the Lego store, but once in a great while you may get lucky and find them on sale at other retailers. I bought my Fire Brigade from Target online when it was about $130, instead of the normal retail price of $150.

Thanks. Just order the Pet Shop.

I've always liked the look of the Paradisa line, and you can get them for reasonable prices used online. I want to get one of the sets, but can't decide between 6410 Cabana Beach, 6411 Sand Dollar Café, or 6416 Poolside Paradise. Please tell me your choice and why you recommend it. It will be appreciated.

I would say the sand dollar cafe. It just seems to me like it captures all of Paradisa really well. Bright, on the beach, and a little bit of everything.

Now, I can't decide between these two Lone Ranger sets... 79108 Stagecoach escape, and 79111 Constitution Train Chase. What's the better set?

I own two copies of Stagecoach Escape 79108, and one copy of 79111 Constitution Train Chase, and I think Stagecoach Escape is the better of the two sets. You get Red Harrington, who I personally think is the best Lone Ranger minifig, and an excellently designed stagecoach.