Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

I have $30 to spend on a new set, but I'm not sure what to buy. Right now my top choices are either Lake Town Attack or Soldier's Fort. Does anyone who owns either of these sets have a good word to put in for them, or should I consider something else?

I have $30 to spend on a new set, but I'm not sure what to buy. Right now my top choices are either Lake Town Attack or Soldier's Fort. Does anyone who owns either of these sets have a good word to put in for them, or should I consider something else?

I have Laketown Attack. It's pretty decent and you get 5 minifigs. It will also be discontinued sooner than soldier's fort.

Next big purchase:

Detective's Office?

Ferris Wheel?

Temple of Airjitzu?

City Square?

The first three would be for somewhat permanent display, the City Square would probably be for building once and then modifying to fit in a modular city, something that would definitely be a challenge but may be beyond my skills.

Any input is appreciated.

I would like to know if I should buy 6553 Crisis News Crew, or 1252 Shell Tanker. Thanks for answering.

The tanker is the better set, but the news crew has more classic figures

Thanks, I think now that the CNC is better because of the figures.

Good to hear.

Hello good people I seek some council. I'm a bit torn between the following sets; 75093 Death Star Final Duel, 75102 Poe's X-Wing or 75103 First Order transporter(interested in figs and the parts more than the build for this one)

I imagine I will invest in both of the aforementioned episode VII sets, I'm just not completely sold on the Final Duel set.

All feedback is very much appreciated

BlockLogo - Depends which theme you like more. Since all have came out this year and none are licensed, they should be available for a few years. I don't own any of them, so I can't say which is best. Although the Ferris Wheel has more play value, so that could be neat with the power functions. But since I'm a modular collector, I will be getting Detective Office before any of the others, if at all. (Plus, it is cheaper).

Steph 104th - I may not be the best person to ask in this regard, since I would only want the Final Duel and not the other two... But it looks pretty true to the source material. You get the new Vader and Palpatine and some new Royal guards...it looks like a worthwhile set.

Now my own question, Which do people prefer: Mini Cooper or the new Ferrari?

Edited by TheLegoDr

BlockLogo - Depends which theme you like more. Since all have came out this year and none are licensed, they should be available for a few years. I don't own any of them, so I can't say which is best. Although the Ferris Wheel has more play value, so that could be neat with the power functions. But since I'm a modular collector, I will be getting Detective Office before any of the others, if at all. (Plus, it is cheaper).

Steph 104th - I may not be the best person to ask in this regard, since I would only want the Final Duel and not the other two... But it looks pretty true to the source material. You get the new Vader and Palpatine and some new Royal guards...it looks like a worthwhile set.

Now my own question, Which do people prefer: Mini Cooper or the new Ferrari?

Thanks for your feedback.

Back to your question, F40 as nice as it is doesn't appeal to me as much as the iconic Cooper, then again I do have the majority of the old Lego Ferrari sets in my possession.

BlockLogo- What I suggest is this: If there's a sale during Black Friday/the Christmas shopping season, buy all of them or most of them. Then, when you have more money, buy the one you didn't buy. If you bought all of them, skip this last step.

Love this thread... Okay, I have about $100USD burning a hole in my pocket, so WHICH SET SHOULD I BUY?

(Cue the game show music, lol)

1. 60076 City Demolition Site

2. 60096 City Deep Sea Operation Base

3. 70413 Pirates The Brick Bounty

4. 76035 DC Super Heroes JokerLand

5. Or do I put the money into savings and get a deal on 60052 (the blue) Cargo Train

I'm leaning towards the pirate ship, which would be my second... But open to suggestions

Would Brick Bounty be your second BB, or just your second Lego pirate ship? If the former I'd say go Joker Land or Operations Base, but if you're into pirates and your other ship is different, go with the pirate ship if that's what you're leaning toward anyhow!

Any one know how long more the Simpsons house will be around.

I would like to get it but im going to hold off for another while if possible,

Going on holidays next week need to save my moneys.

Thanks

Love this thread... Okay, I have about $100USD burning a hole in my pocket, so WHICH SET SHOULD I BUY?

(Cue the game show music, lol)

1. 60076 City Demolition Site

2. 60096 City Deep Sea Operation Base

3. 70413 Pirates The Brick Bounty

4. 76035 DC Super Heroes JokerLand

5. Or do I put the money into savings and get a deal on 60052 (the blue) Cargo Train

I'm leaning towards the pirate ship, which would be my second... But open to suggestions

brick bounty!

otherwise I recommend the arjitzu temple

I have been looking at the 2 simpsons sets, Simpsons House & Kwik e Mart.

My lego gets played with by a child as well as being 'mine', so play value counts as well as future possible use of parts in other builds & the model as it is built from the instructions.

If I can buy one, I will almost certainly not be able to purchase the other until next year, so I am aware there is a risk I will not be able to buy the other.

If you only had one, which would it be?

I have been looking at the 2 simpsons sets, Simpsons House & Kwik e Mart.

My lego gets played with by a child as well as being 'mine', so play value counts as well as future possible use of parts in other builds & the model as it is built from the instructions.

If I can buy one, I will almost certainly not be able to purchase the other until next year, so I am aware there is a risk I will not be able to buy the other.

If you only had one, which would it be?

I have both sets and would defintely recommend the house as the better set for a child to play with. With the different rooms, the garage, car and loads of different accessories, there is more variety there.

The Kwik E Mart is an excellent set to build too but for play, the items on the shelves and the fridges are fairly similar and not much play potential with them really.

Although there is probably more variety in parts for the Kwik-E-Mart for future builds compared to the house.

So all in all, I'd recommend the house, especially since the Kwik-E-Mart will be available longer so you might still be able to get that next year.

Edited by vizzitor

I'm new here and I have no idea if this is the right place, but if you could help that would be great. Does anybody know what the value of any of my sets are? They are all complete except for the occasional sticker here and there.

They're not really on eBay, so i don't have a definite price to sell them. If anyone could help, again, that would be wonderful. Thankyou.

I'm new here and I have no idea if this is the right place, but if you could help that would be great. Does anybody know what the value of any of my sets are? They are all complete except for the occasional sticker here and there.

They're not really on eBay, so i don't have a definite price to sell them. If anyone could help, again, that would be wonderful. Thankyou.

8185 is around $75

8156 is around $125

7783 is around $300

of course you can jack up the prices, if ur selling them on Ebay.

I've for two DC sets from this year left to buy & I know I've got until at least sometime next year, but what kind of urgency should I have on getting them before they disappear?

My dilemma is more when than what.

So I found the Wall-E set at Toys R Us going for $70 right now.

I'm not sure whether I should get it or wait to buy it at S@H which I suspect will be selling it for $60

8185 is around $75

8156 is around $125

7783 is around $300

of course you can jack up the prices, if ur selling them on Ebay.

Thanks man! thats really helpful.

Also, if anybody is interested, the sets will be on ebay throughout this week

Another question: should I get the CITY Spaceport or the Creator Expert Shuttle Adventure? I actually lean toward the Spaceport because I don't care how many pieces it has, I just care if it's minifig scale and able to be swooshable (because my kids play with our LEGO).