Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Sea Cow now...

Buy the Marvel sets later at a cheaper price on Amazon.

I'm in the same boat. I really like to purchase some Avengers sets but I really need to get that Tumbler & X-men set first before they are retired...

Sea Cow now...

Buy the Marvel sets later at a cheaper price on Amazon.

I'm in the same boat. I really like to purchase some Avengers sets but I really need to get that Tumbler & X-men set first before they are retired...

Thanks for the clarification, the Tumbler and X-men sets are great you won't regret adding them to your collection.

I saw 75053 The Ghost on sale recently and I might try to pick it up. However, if I get it, I'm going to want to get the whole crew. Should I get 75090 and BL Chopper or should I get 75048 and BL Sabine when the helmeted version becomes available? I can probably get both of those sets on sale as well, but which one is better in terms of the build and value?

I have a 3-Way tie between what set I should get.

-X-Men vs The Sentinel + Kopaka Master of Ice

-Quinjet City Chase

-Milano Space Ship Rescue

I'm torn because of my love for the X-Men, getting the Vision, and the great reviews for the Milano build.

I have a 3-Way tie between what set I should get.

-X-Men vs The Sentinel + Kopaka Master of Ice

-Quinjet City Chase

-Milano Space Ship Rescue

I'm torn because of my love for the X-Men, getting the Vision, and the great reviews for the Milano build.

I recommend getting the sets in this order:

Milano

X-Men

Quinjet

Milano, is just an amazing ship, and is definitely a must have for Marvel sets (find yourself a Rocket and Baby Groot polybag too, to finish the entire crew off) as for X-Men and quinjet, for me its a toss up, I'd probably lean Quinjet as I'm not a big fan of the Sentinel, and I think the Quinjet is a bit better built.

I'm probably going to pick up a new set next week or so, and I'm not really wanting to spend more than $30 USD without tax. I've been looking at (in no particular order):

Pirate Soldiers Fort

Pirate Soldier's Outpost

Attack on Laketown

Mirkwood Elf Army

Thanks, yeah I'm going to pick up the Milano very soon. After watching JangBricks review and hearing your input, I quickly decided. :sweet:

I'm probably going to pick up a new set next week or so, and I'm not really wanting to spend more than $30 USD without tax. I've been looking at (in no particular order):

Pirate Soldiers Fort

Pirate Soldier's Outpost

Attack on Laketown

Mirkwood Elf Army

I would go for the Mirkwood Elf Army. The pirates sets seem pretty lackluster and Mirkwood has more minifigs then Laketown but otherwise they're pretty similar in structure.

I've recently been checking out the Lego Classic Creative Boxes. I'm wondering how good of a deal these boxes are, and if it's a good way to get pieces in interesting colors? If so, is there any specific box that I should get over the others?

I've recently been checking out the Lego Classic Creative Boxes. I'm wondering how good of a deal these boxes are, and if it's a good way to get pieces in interesting colors? If so, is there any specific box that I should get over the others?

I bought a Creative Bucket last year and found it very useful. I think they are most useful for people who are new to Lego or getting back into it (Probably less useful to people who already have large a Lego collection). The cost on the Creative Buckets are decent at about 7.5cents per brick (below the 10cents/brick which most people aim for when buying standard sets).

This year's Classic Creative Buckets look a lot better than the one I bought last year- Wider variety of colours, a lot more sloped bricks and some interesting pieces- like the mini door. Had I not bought the more basic bucket last year, I would go for the Classic Medium Creative Bucket. The Large one looks decent as well, but outside of what I'd want to pay.

I have a large collection of bricks, but it's mostly from sets like Castle, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings. So lots of earth tones, not a lot of interesting bright pieces. Maybe it might be more worth while to get some of the friends and Elves sets instead of the Creative Buckets?

I have a large collection of bricks, but it's mostly from sets like Castle, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings. So lots of earth tones, not a lot of interesting bright pieces. Maybe it might be more worth while to get some of the friends and Elves sets instead of the Creative Buckets?

I really love the colors in the Elves sets and there are a lot of interesting pieces in them. I find some of the Friends sets less helpful, though some of the buildings have some good pieces for building modifications. I got a Creative Bucket last year and haven't really found it helpful for me, but this year the buckets do look better. I would go with Elves (particularly the trees and the bakery) if you like to do colorful landscaping.

The biggest Elves set with the trees is an excellent ressource for interesting parts. I got it last week and haven't regretted it.

Thank you both for your input. Welfycat I think you've helped me settle on getting some of the Elves sets.

Awesome! I hope you like them. I've found them to be really pretty sets, and great for both pieces and for building.

I've found that a local store offers free polybags ($4) with LEGO purchases of over $15. Should I get the Anacondrai Crusher ($20) with a polybag or should I save it for summer Ninjago sets? On one hand, I kind of want to use the parts from the Anacondrai Crusher to build an ancient temple-style thing. On the other hand, if I save it for summer sets and buy them in the LEGO store during double VIP points month, I'll effectively be spending $18 instead of $20 and be helping to complete my collection of summer sets. Plus, I can get the rarer parts from the set using Bricks and Pieces. And the summer sets seem to have a higher ratio of bricks/euro. If I should get the Anacondrai Crusher, these are the polybags I can get with it: 30205, 30285, 30293 or 30212.

You have to decide wether you really want to use those colors - pricewise they are ok - personally I didnt like the colors so I gave these sets a pass

Personally I like set 41033 very much :) - bought it six times already and planning on a couple more.

its got two vines and some foliage!!, and a couple of burps which might be useful - and lots of grey bricks - I bought them at about 25% off

Edited by CaptainToad

I've never collected Ninjago sets before, but this year's wave really interests me. Should I buy Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty (better color scheme, airbike looks awesome), City of Stiix (I like the sheer height and the rickety look), or wait a few months and buy them both used on eBay?

I've never collected Ninjago sets before, but this year's wave really interests me. Should I buy Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty (better color scheme, airbike looks awesome), City of Stiix (I like the sheer height and the rickety look), or wait a few months and buy them both used on eBay?

depends what you want. used sets can have missing parts but most sets have all the parts, at least used sets that i have. i would wait and get both used. for a new theme it's always handier to have multiple sets.

So I need help on deciding if I'm gonna bricklink or buy two sets.

The first is 75920 Raptor Escape. I already have the Raptor Rampage set, so I want the two other Raptors, but I really have no interest in the set itself or the two minifigures. The raptors alone will go for about 35 Euro, the set goes for 55. Buy or bricklink?

The second is the 76037 Rhino and Sandman set. It looks like it has 0 display value, being a playset, and I'm only interested in the figs, which go for about 28 Euro if I don't get Spider-Man. Meanwhile I could get the set for about 44 Euro. Opinions?

Also, is the Juniors Green Goblin worth 10 Euro or does he look too silly? I'm not sure.

So I need help on deciding if I'm gonna bricklink or buy two sets.

The first is 75920 Raptor Escape. I already have the Raptor Rampage set, so I want the two other Raptors, but I really have no interest in the set itself or the two minifigures. The raptors alone will go for about 35 Euro, the set goes for 55. Buy or bricklink?

The second is the 76037 Rhino and Sandman set. It looks like it has 0 display value, being a playset, and I'm only interested in the figs, which go for about 28 Euro if I don't get Spider-Man. Meanwhile I could get the set for about 44 Euro. Opinions?

Also, is the Juniors Green Goblin worth 10 Euro or does he look too silly? I'm not sure.

Okay. With Raptor Escape, I'd buy the set. It has some interesting pieces in it. With Rhino and Sandman, I'd just BL the figs because the set looks awful and doesn't have many good parts. 28 euro sounds fair for three exclusive minifigs. Finally, I think Green Goblin is worth 10 euro. He doesn't look silly to me and actually kinda accurate to the comics.

Hope this helped! :wink: