Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Fairground mixer vs. winter village. It's driving me a bit batty - missing out on some great sets and now they are so pricey. Really wish I had been into Lego when the large carousel came out. I'm distracted by the truck parts of the fairground but is the carousel in the winter village a poor man's version of the larger carousel 10196?

I just went with the Winter Village because of the time of year. I also missed out on the big carousel and Ferris Wheel and would hate to not have those sets to go along with a mixer. Maybe one day they can revisit the ferris wheel and the carousel concepts and design another one. There are so many neat things I missed or people new to Lego never got the opportunity to purchase: carousel, USC Millenium Falcon, Eiffel Tower (the big one), Taj Mahal, the list goes on.

Which train set should I buy: Horizon Express, or the new High-Speed Passenger train? I like the sleek look of the passenger train (it reminds me of the Shinkansen in Japan), but the Horizon Express seems like it might be a more detailed and enjoyable build overall.

Which would ya'll recommend more, the Sandcrawler, the Tower of Orthanc, or the Tumbler?

I have the 2005 Sandrawler, but I'm a huge OT fan so I'm considering the new version. Is it worth it?

My interest in the Tower of Orthanc is pretty small actually, but I like the LOTR movies and the model itself looks beautiful.

The Tumbler looks great also. I'm kind of torn between it and the Sandcrawler.

I'm building the Tumbler at the moment and it is a great build so far, its also cheaper than the Sandcrawler

Some people says its worth it for the exclusive Joker minifig

Which would ya'll recommend more, the Sandcrawler, the Tower of Orthanc, or the Tumbler?

I have the 2005 Sandrawler, but I'm a huge OT fan so I'm considering the new version. Is it worth it?

My interest in the Tower of Orthanc is pretty small actually, but I like the LOTR movies and the model itself looks beautiful.

The Tumbler looks great also. I'm kind of torn between it and the Sandcrawler.

For what it's worth...

The Tower of Orthanc is a great source of black parts and, if you have the room, a pretty impressive display model. I found the build a bit repetitive though and the hospital gown design (i.e. open in back) was a little irksome. I expect a design like that in my Winter Village sets but I found it made Orthanc feel a little doll-house like rather than menacing and powerful.

I liked the new Sandcrawler better than the 2005 model. The new design is more detailed, has a better interior, and was more fun to build. I'm not really sure how they compare from a "play" standpoint in that a) I don't really play with 'em I just display 'em, and b) they really seemed aimed at different age groups. The 2005 felt more like a kids model, whereas the new one has more of a grown-up (or at least teen) aura to it. They are certainly different enough such that, just because you have the old one is no reason to skip the new one.

If I had to pick Sandcrawler vs. Othanc, I'd go with The Sandcrawler even though I'm a big LOTR fan. If you're into _building_ complex models, it's the better experience.

As for the Tumbler, I'm still waiting to get one of those. I've been trying to get my hands on one since double VIP points in October but every time my local store gets some, they sell out the same day. I think it will be a great build and the photos look fantastic, but until I get my hands on one I really can't compare it to the others.

For what it's worth...

The Tower of Orthanc is a great source of black parts and, if you have the room, a pretty impressive display model. I found the build a bit repetitive though and the hospital gown design (i.e. open in back) was a little irksome. I expect a design like that in my Winter Village sets but I found it made Orthanc feel a little doll-house like rather than menacing and powerful.

I liked the new Sandcrawler better than the 2005 model. The new design is more detailed, has a better interior, and was more fun to build. I'm not really sure how they compare from a "play" standpoint in that a) I don't really play with 'em I just display 'em, and b) they really seemed aimed at different age groups. The 2005 felt more like a kids model, whereas the new one has more of a grown-up (or at least teen) aura to it. They are certainly different enough such that, just because you have the old one is no reason to skip the new one.

If I had to pick Sandcrawler vs. Othanc, I'd go with The Sandcrawler even though I'm a big LOTR fan. If you're into _building_ complex models, it's the better experience.

As for the Tumbler, I'm still waiting to get one of those. I've been trying to get my hands on one since double VIP points in October but every time my local store gets some, they sell out the same day. I think it will be a great build and the photos look fantastic, but until I get my hands on one I really can't compare it to the others.

I think I'll get the Sandcrawler. I don't think I can pass it up, it's just such a beautiful model...

Thanks to everyone who gave opinions! It was a tough decision. :classic:

IMO Town Hall.

Town Hall is on its last run and what is left on shelves is it. The Tumbler is only just getting out into the store shelves so you will be able to get it later still. TH will not last past Christmas if it is not already gone.

A local store has 31026 bycicle shop & café for 60€.

I'm wondering if I should grab a copy (or rather two?) to use as a starting point for a modular MOC. 1000 pieces for 60€ sounds like an excellent deal, and I've seen some nice things done with it.

What do you think?

So I have some lawn-mowing money left over and I can't choose between the Detective's Office or the Lego 4in1 XL City Cargo Train Special Pack ( not it's real name) that comes with the cargo train, train station, switch tracks, and flexible tracks. Which one should I get? :wacko:

Detective's Office, IMO... It's great by itself or as an addition to a modular collection. The fun backstory is just icing on the cake... I suggest you read Oky's review of it, that really sold it for me.

I rather choose detective office, I seen instructions and it looks to be fun of assembling.Classic city train are mostly for kids so nothing challenging if we choose from this point of view.

I rather choose detective office, I seen instructions and it looks to be fun of assembling.Classic city train are mostly for kids so nothing challenging if we choose from this point of view.

yea, but I do need the parts from those sets in the 4 in 1.

yea, but I do need the parts from those sets in the 4 in 1.

If you want tracks I rather buy it from bricklink or auction sites.They are cheaper than in any set.

I can only say the same as the above, Detectives Office. An all round brilliant set.

So I have some lawn-mowing money left over and I can't choose between the Detective's Office or the Lego 4in1 XL City Cargo Train Special Pack ( not it's real name) that comes with the cargo train, train station, switch tracks, and flexible tracks. Which one should I get? :wacko:

Topics merged. Thanks.

WhiteFang

Town hall or Arkham + Ghostbusters ecto. I have all the modulars starting from the grand Emporium but I am undecided with town hall. I also want the ecto-1 and Arkham which seem to go retired soon.

Any suggestion?

Town hall or Arkham + Ghostbusters ecto. I have all the modulars starting from the grand Emporium but I am undecided with town hall. I also want the ecto-1 and Arkham which seem to go retired soon.

Any suggestion?

Arkham - I'm building it now and it's a fun set. It might be hard to find at this point, depending on where you live. I've been tempted by the ecto but am hoping to get it on sale.

I believe the town hall is already retired.

I am not too attached to the TH. My least favorite of them all. Since I have all the modulars for a "set" theme going, I went ahead and got it. I personally would suggest getting the ECTO and Arkham over the TH if you have to make a decision

Hi all, I would like some clarity, I'm torn between acquiring 70810 Metalbeards Sea Cow or 76032 Avengers Quinjet and 2 76038 Attack on Avengers tower.

I will buy the Avengers sets some time I'm just wondering which I should buy now and which I should purchase later.