Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

I thought that was only $20? Will certainly keep an eye out though, thanks :)

It's 40$ CAD. I don't know what it is in other countries?

I think it's actually a tiny bit cheaper if you buy it at Walmart (it's a Walmart exclusive) instead of the LEGO Store. I think it rang up at 34$ or something? I remember it being less than what I'd expected at any rate.

Paris restaurant, palace cinema or Arkham Asylum?

I have 3 modulars and I lov them but I am preaty undecided betwee those 2. Cinma is cheaper but I have a problem with corner.

Arkham...the most expenive but it is batman and I love it.

Paris is beautiful but really small.

Any help?

Paris restaurant, palace cinema or Arkham Asylum?

I have 3 modulars and I lov them but I am preaty undecided betwee those 2. Cinma is cheaper but I have a problem with corner.

Arkham...the most expenive but it is batman and I love it.

Paris is beautiful but really small.

Any help?

I own Arkham and Parisian Restaurant and passed on the cinema.

From the first two, i'd say get the restaurant.

It's one of the best modulars in my opinion and while arkham is awesome too, i wouldn't omit parisian restaurant from your modular street. It's an awesome display piece.

By the way, i passed on the cinema because i feel like it's doesn't quite mix up with the "style" of the rest my street. (Fire Brigade, Town Hall, Pet Shop, Parisian Restaurant, Grand Emporium)

Edited by DarthBrickus

By the way, i passed on the cinema because i feel like it's doesn't quite mix up with the "style" of the rest my street. (Fire Brigade, Town Hall, Pet Shop, Parisian Restaurant, Grand Emporium)

I have the same modulars as you do and I passed on the Palace Cinema for the very same reason. The Parisian Restaurant is my favorite modular to date and I would certainly recommend it to anyone. On the other hand it is very likely that it will be available for some years to come, so I would recommend getting the older modulars first for anyone who doesn't have them yet. Grand Emporium in perticular as it will likely be discontinued next.

Edited by bjorn77

I have £25/$30 burning a hole in my pocket :grin: What set should I get, I like sci-fi and Fantasy.

Hello,

I'm a bit confused with which set I should buy, ewok village or palace cinema, and after reading some review, town hall is getting into consideration too...

I want to create a city layout, I already have grand emporium, pet shop, fire brigade, winter village, seaside house, and other small set into my city

And which of these set is going to expired first?

Edited by bayutheoz

Hello,

I'm a bit confused with which set I should buy, ewok village or palace cinema, and after reading some review, town hall is getting into consideration too...

I want to create a city layout, I already have grand emporium, pet shop, fire brigade, winter village, seaside house, and other small set into my city

And which of these set is going to expired first?

The Town Hall is going out of sale first.

Fairground Mixer, it's amazing! :wink:

100% Agree...Love that set a lot!

What should I get between these?

• town square and city starter set

• pet shop

• fairground mixer

Well...all of these choices are a must buy..:-)...

Again depending on your budget and priority, select the sets!

Since i am a creator/Modular lover, e.g: i will buy first the Pet Shop then the Mixer and last the city square....

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Ignoring which will go out of production first: Pet Shop or Palace Cinema? A lot of the building techniques that seem interesting in the Pet Shop are similar to the Parisian Restaurant, which I already have so...

I just bought the Pet Shop and it is unique (so far) in being two 16 x 32 buildings which give you a lot of flexibility in your town layout.

I know that some are down on the style of the Palace Cinema since it is not the type of building that is found in every downtown like area. But since I have been to the Mann's Chinese Theater in Hollywood, I don't mind. I will likely buy it next year.

I never thought I would see me in this thread! But I am having a dilemma... I have a bunch of VIP points just begging to be spent. I am looking for a set around $100. I like to get sets that have either interesting build techniques or interesting parts. I am looking at the Mos Eisley Cantina or the Bike Shop & Cafe... Or something else in the $100 range with interesting parts or interesting techniques.

This set will be built, the disassembled and put into parts bins... Not a display piece.

Any ideas?

Andy D

Seems like the fairground mixer is te best, probably going to get it.

It does look quite the set, not to mention the play value of it. Power functions would certainly add to the entire spectacle. Very clever the way every aspect folds away onboard those trucks. Generous assortment of minfigs too.

If it weren't for my love of the modular buildings I'd probably have this set by now.

town hall 10224 or akham asylum 10937.

I have 3 modulars, GE, P. Shop and Pariz R. and I am not so sure bout Town hall. This is my last chance for one of those so I should be smart on this.

I have both the Pet Shop and the Palace Cinema: I think Pet Shop is a bit better than Palace Cinema - the latter is a bit bland on the inside. However, the Cinema is an interesting-looking building, and since you already have Parisian Restaurant, it's definitely more different to the Restaurant than the Pet Shop is. Also, it's a corner, which makes it different again.

Pet Shop is flexible, though, in that it can be split and rearranged. Any modular is a good choice though!

AndyD: i personally think you should get the bike shop & cafe, it looks like a great type of building.

October: you should get the town hall, its begining to sell out and has been out longer.

AndyD: i personally think you should get the bike shop & cafe, it looks like a great type of building.

Yeah, I think you are right. The Cantina may be overpriced due to minifigs (I'm not much of a minifig person).

Andy D

October deffs the town hall, I had the set it was such a fun build! You'll love it! But depends on what your building as well whether it's a city/town or more of Gotham/DC or Marvel universe type world.

Well I think I just went crazy here. I bought the Cantina on eBay W/O mini figs, and I discovered I needed a bunch of brown arches and tree stuff... So I used my points and some $$'s and ordered the Ewok Village. When I get it, I'll just separate the mini figs sell them, and have left what I needed (this time).

Andy D