Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

I'm really confused ,as lately i'm more into mocing/moding than keeping sets together,but still there are some sets that are very clever and interestingly designed.Since im on space wave now i was wondering is 7699 worth it? for 70 euro via bricklink misb (since i prefer new ones than second hand) But i think that its too technicified (i dont mind technic that much but still this one has alot of it) And im thinking if i get it should i mod it ,like cover more of the gaps and make it non separatable ,but more like the Clone turbo tank,you know, poping out guns 'n stuff.

That's a pretty cool set. I think you really need to decide if that price is worth it to you. I'd say, if you want it bad enough, get it. I've done it before, paid more than I probably should've. It all depends on how bad you want it.

Yay! Status upgrade! :grin: 4000 posts!

Edited by Legocrazy81

ola. I am between the modular town hall or the vampire castle and sopwith camel.

I have the Grand e. and pet shop and I really like them. Also I am a castle fan and I love Vampires. I have some small monster sets including the dracula car. They are beautiful. What to say about sopwith....

For that I have for trade the first 3 winter villages. I didn't opened them yet so maybe it is time for change.

What do you thing guys? change the winters for a modular or/ vampire castle/sopwith, or leave the winter sets?

thanks

ola. I am between the modular town hall or the vampire castle and sopwith camel.

I have the Grand e. and pet shop and I really like them. Also I am a castle fan and I love Vampires. I have some small monster sets including the dracula car. They are beautiful. What to say about sopwith....

For that I have for trade the first 3 winter villages. I didn't opened them yet so maybe it is time for change.

What do you thing guys? change the winters for a modular or/ vampire castle/sopwith, or leave the winter sets?

thanks

Hi, I personally would go for the town hall as it looks gigantic and suburb with any other modularsl While the castle looks a bit pathetic and flimsy when you compare the two. I dont have the sopwith but it looks like an ok display piece. (Other than the low piece count)

This is a long shot but why not try the haunted house? It has the build of a bodular with the figures/style of monster fighters.

Just me oppinion ;)

OK, so Chapters/Indigo in Canada has a sale which gets me a half-decent discount...and because of the way I'm buying the sets to get a maximum discount (doing multiple orders), I'm stuck between the 2 sets (whichever one I don't get during this sale, I'll get it another time):

60002 Fire Truck

60016 Tanker Truck

I've ordered the other 2013 "Great Vehicle" sets, but one of these 2 sets I'll have to get later.

Edited by Canada_7

In this case, I'd go with the 60002 even though they're both good sets; it has a slightly better price-to-piece ratio, plus the fire track has a couple more cooler functions than the Tanker Truck and two excellent firefighter minifigs.

I've got a few on my radar that I want to pick-up.

Death Star

Grand Emporium

Pet Shop

Tower Bridge

Pet Shop is the only one I can think of that's not super close to going OOP. Thoughts?

pet shop is so perfect. I also have GG and they match perfectly. I dont have space for the death star or tower bridge. Tower bridge is nice, better if you had visited london. The death star is litle out of date but still iconic.

If you dont have any modular try one.

modular1.jpg

I want some advice. I dont Know what set to get. My budget is about $120 i like the themes superheroes, city you know what i like every theme except for galaxy squad and friends

OK, so Chapters/Indigo in Canada has a sale which gets me a half-decent discount...and because of the way I'm buying the sets to get a maximum discount (doing multiple orders), I'm stuck between the 2 sets (whichever one I don't get during this sale, I'll get it another time):

60002 Fire Truck

60016 Tanker Truck

I've ordered the other 2013 "Great Vehicle" sets, but one of these 2 sets I'll have to get later.

60002 is the way to go. I think it's the better set.

I want some advice. I dont Know what set to get. My budget is about $120 i like the themes superheroes, city you know what i like every theme except for galaxy squad and friends

Would you prefer to get larger sets or a few more smaller sets? There are a lot of options you can choose from for the themes you specified.

I prefer bigger sets but i would get smaller sets only for minifigs

Hmm...in that case, I suggest you should take a look at 76001 The Bat vs. Bane: Tumbler Chase. Looks like a pretty good set for $40, and then you can spread your budget through whatever else you want. The new Star Wars line is good too so maybe look into that?

I was considering jabba's palace i was looking at the tumbler but wasnt sure couldn't find a decent review but i was wondering if i should get the rancor pit first or before jabbas palce becuase i dont have enough for both right now

In that case I'd go with Jabba's Palace for now. It is technically the main attraction, so to speak; plus the Rancor Pit is a whiles cheaper so it should take less time to save up for if you do decide to get Palace first.

That sounds like a good fallback if i dont see anything else any other ideas i want something that will keep my interest for awhile

I think 76005 Spiderman: Daily Bugle Showdown is a great set. Has a pretty decent building, awesome figs(Doom!!!) and a neat vehicle. I know I plan on swooshing that sucker around and playing with the set a bit.

That sounds like a good fallback if i dont see anything else any other ideas i want something that will keep my interest for awhile

On a smaller scale I've heard 76004 Spider-Man Spider-Cycle Chase is fun and has a pretty decent price-to-piece ratio too. If you're still looking for larger sets you could also take a look at the LOTR/Hobbit sets..

Im not much of a hobbit person. And the reveiws i've heard so far about the spider cycle were terrible. I was considering the bugle but i wasn't sure anyone here anything good on arkham asylum?

Im not much of a hobbit person. And the reveiws i've heard so far about the spider cycle were terrible. I was considering the bugle but i wasn't sure anyone here anything good on arkham asylum?

The Spider Cycle is actually a quite good set for the price. Almost worth it for the figs alone. Spiderman (ok kinda common now) Venom (A great fig) and Nick Fury ( :wub: :wub: ). The "Spider Cycle" is soso better for what it is than most of the batcycles, but not much better. Whereas Nick Fury's car is a great little build in every way.

Arkham is a wonderful set, just very very expensive. And I like most wish there was more depth to the building.

Hi

I'm going to the LEGO store in MK in a couple of weeks and I'm looking for a cool set to buy.

I mainly collect Superheroes but I nearly have them all. So because of this I fancy something big and challenging, but mainly I want to learn some new techniques to MOC with.

I'm looking at Arkham and any of the Modular Buildings.

Which out of those is the Best to get?

Thanks

Sam

I've always wanted lego town hall but never had the patience to save up for it each time im close something new comes out and i have to get it. It's so frustrating