Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

The problem is, that I am not so enthusiastic about the fantasy line. I am a castle fun. Buying them only for selling is not worth here in Croatia. Maybe I will just buy the joust and live those fantasy sets to other that would be probably more happy.

On the other hand, I am affraid to regret the opportunity. Maybe those set would impress me.

Mah...Thanks to everybody anyway.

The problem is, that I am not so enthusiastic about the fantasy line. I am a castle fun. Buying them only for selling is not worth here in Croatia. Maybe I will just buy the joust and live those fantasy sets to other that would be probably more happy.

On the other hand, I am affraid to regret the opportunity. Maybe those set would impress me.

Mah...Thanks to everybody anyway.

10223 Kingdoms Joust is one of my favorite sets. If I was stranded on a desert island and could choose; 10223 or a supermodel for company, well, I'd choose the model but would feel bad I couldn't have 10223 too. :laugh:

Joe

Hi Everyone!

I am new here and trying to get started. I have a vision for building a medieval type village. The problem I've come across with Lego bricks is that I'm searching for certain bricks in specific colors and that seems hard to do unless you buy the individual bricks, which could get expensive. Any ideas? Are there any sets that come with alot of greys, greens, and browns? This is what I would need and I would need quite a lot of them. I'm planning to do something on a large scale, and the first step is to make sure I have enough bricks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Haldiron

october - I think in the long run, whichever you choose you will be satisfied with it. A lot of people attest to how good the Fantasy sets are. I own none, so I can't say anything about them. But I do know if I had to chance to get them, I would still pass (even though the castle theme is my favorite). Not that it means much.

Haldiron - Since it is what you are trying to build, go for any castle themed sets, i.e. LOTR/Hobbit. But outside of those themes, the log cabin has lots of browns. Maybe Ewok Attack from Star Wars for browns too. You can always try bricklink for individual pieces. Yes, it can get expensive, but so can buying big sets to try to get enough pieces. With bricklink you can get the exact piece you want in the exact quantity you want.

Haldiron- I would get the LEGO Helms Deep set. It has plenty gray,green, and brown pieces. I think you would be happy getting that set. :wink:

october - I think in the long run, whichever you choose you will be satisfied with it. A lot of people attest to how good the Fantasy sets are. I own none, so I can't say anything about them. But I do know if I had to chance to get them, I would still pass (even though the castle theme is my favorite). Not that it means much.

Haldiron - Since it is what you are trying to build, go for any castle themed sets, i.e. LOTR/Hobbit. But outside of those themes, the log cabin has lots of browns. Maybe Ewok Attack from Star Wars for browns too. You can always try bricklink for individual pieces. Yes, it can get expensive, but so can buying big sets to try to get enough pieces. With bricklink you can get the exact piece you want in the exact quantity you want.

Thanks for the link, Brick Dr....That looks like a good place to start!

Haldiron- I would get the LEGO Helms Deep set. It has plenty gray,green, and brown pieces. I think you would be happy getting that set. :wink:

thank you Brickington! I actually have that set, but I need more pieces for the kind of scale I'm wanting to do this on, so looking for an economical way to achieve that.

Hi guys, I have doubts about the next 220-230$ I am going to spend on LSW:

I am an army builder(clone of course) and I have to decide between two options:

1. 8037 Y-Wing at 70$ and 6 8014 Clone battle packs at 25$ each

2.8037 Y-Wing at 70$ and 20-25 clone troopers sold separately

3. 7676 gunship at 170$ and 7-8 troopers(note that unfortunately I didn't get the guship).

Could you guys give me some advice?

Thanks in advance

Edited by LegoManLuca34

Well IMO the Gunship is a must for a clone 'army' whether or not you have 5 troopers or 20. Unfortunately the 7676 gunship prices are fairly high last time I checked, buying a bulk amount of clones on bricklink could be difficult as one seller may not sell a large quantity so you may have to buy from numerous sellers (extra shipping costs). The Y-Wing doesn't really have much to do with a clone army but it is definitely a good buy regardless. If I were you I would wait until the new Gunship is released, get that one, and buy some of the older clone walker battlepacks. That way you end up with some Jedi to help your smaller clone army.

I do know that the gunship is a must, but I don't really care about the walkers, more about the figs. The clones are separately 6$ each, so the price for 4 clones is the same for a walker battle pack, and shipping cost is lower.And I found that guy that has 200 in stock so...

PS: Y-wing is clone wars, I am a Star Wars geek and that is the basic bomber of the republic

Edited by LegoManLuca34

Well IMO the Gunship is a must for a clone 'army' whether or not you have 5 troopers or 20. Unfortunately the 7676 gunship prices are fairly high last time I checked, buying a bulk amount of clones on bricklink could be difficult as one seller may not sell a large quantity so you may have to buy from numerous sellers (extra shipping costs). The Y-Wing doesn't really have much to do with a clone army but it is definitely a good buy regardless. If I were you I would wait until the new Gunship is released, get that one, and buy some of the older clone walker battlepacks. That way you end up with some Jedi to help your smaller clone army.

It is 120 clones, so not that small ;)

Why don't you buy the 2011 clone Battle Pack and then about 10 or so clones off Bricklink? And then get the Gunship...

Is the Y-Wing in question Anakin's Y-Wing or Dutch Vander's?

I'm a star wars collector,and I really want both horn company clones and wolffepack troopers.

how do I do this?

Hit up Bricklink and/or eBay. Wolfpack troopers are a little harder to come by because the prices are a bit out of hand, in my opinion.

Hit up Bricklink and/or eBay. Wolfpack troopers are a little harder to come by because the prices are a bit out of hand, in my opinion.

thanks

Hello everyone, I am new to LEGO and I am pretty interested in Technic. I fiddled with Mindstorms when I was in school years ago and it is really interesting. I did some research on Technic models on the LEGO website and I just don't know which set to start with. Can anyone recommend me a set with really good builds? I like to challenge myself when I build.

Thanks everyone.

Hello everyone, I am new to LEGO and I am pretty interested in Technic. I fiddled with Mindstorms when I was in school years ago and it is really interesting. I did some research on Technic models on the LEGO website and I just don't know which set to start with. Can anyone recommend me a set with really good builds? I like to challenge myself when I build.

Thanks everyone.

It depends what do you like in technic. and what is your budget.

High budget: 4x4 Crawler 9398. Great base model as you get fully remote control 4x4. 2xlarge motors, servo motor and controller. If you love RC stuff then this will be a great start.

Unimog 8110. some say it is one of the best technic sets out there. I would agree with them. 2000+ parts with pneumatics. Great fun set, but on a expensive side.

Medium budget: Claw excavator 42006. Awesome model. Even if you are not in to contrustion/heavy machinery. Fun build, great parts, lots of potential for moding and most importat - play!

F1 car 42000 It depends for me it was 89e from lego, in some regions it has quite mad price. you might hunt down 8070 cheaply. I personally loved it. Great selection of parts and a nice drive train for mocs.

*cant recomend anything in low budget as i usually skip those. though 9394 does look like a nice fun set.

Thanks everyone.

I would recommend you to keep a lookout for new and upcoming sets, it gives you something to look forward to.

My recommendations would be: 42008-1: Service Truck or 42009-1: Mobile Crane MK II

Recommendations by @shadowhearth are also good sets to consider, it really depends on your budget.

This is more of a 'how much longer do I have to buy?' There's still a few '12 sets I want to get, 4207 Garage, 9450 Epic Dragon Battle & 6864 Two Face Chase. But, I can't wait to pick up 10232 and Chima/Galaxy Squad. I'm guessing I still have at least a couple of months...anyone have a more definitive answer?

You might have a little longer for the Dragon Battle since it's larger and is a rather prominent set in NInjago; a couple months for the other two sounds about right.

I'm really confused ,as lately i'm more into mocing/moding than keeping sets together,but still there are some sets that are very clever and interestingly designed.Since im on space wave now i was wondering is 7699 worth it? for 70 euro via bricklink misb (since i prefer new ones than second hand) But i think that its too technicified (i dont mind technic that much but still this one has alot of it) And im thinking if i get it should i mod it ,like cover more of the gaps and make it non separatable ,but more like the Clone turbo tank,you know, poping out guns 'n stuff.

I can take one to choose between these sets:

1) Lego ucs 10225 r2d2

2) Lego ucs 10227 b-wing

3) Lego 9515 the malevolence + 7931 jedi shuttle

Or tell me which with max 170 euro...

which one?

Thanks for the help!!!!!!! :wink:

Option 3 is what I would go with; you get a bunch of minifigures along with what I think are pretty decent sets.