Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Trying to decide what to put on the Christmas list...

I cannot decide between Mines of Moria and the X-Wing. I'm a massive LotR nerd if that helps. My absolute favourite book.

Trying to decide what to put on the Christmas list...

I cannot decide between Mines of Moria and the X-Wing. I'm a massive LotR nerd if that helps. My absolute favourite book.

Well, I'd say you almost decided your own question! :wink: I'd definitely go for Mines of Moria. :sweet: While the set itself is a little bit lacking, it has so many iconic and beautiful minifigs! :wub:

The X-Wing is swooshable, but if you're such a huge LOTR nerd (enough to point that out in the question) and you didn't mention how much you enjoy Star Wars, I would also say go for Mines of Moria. It has a lot of great characters in it. I haven't opened mine yet, but I've heard good things about the figures, but not good things about the sticker amount.

While on my way to bed last night, I caught myself staring at my little Artoo set and smiling. So, I'm throwing this out to all you who haven't bought the set yet or are on the fence. You NEED to buy 10225 R2-D2! It is one of the best builds(if not the best) out there. The build isn't very repetitive, sans the legs. It is pure joy, in my opinion, to see him come together bag by bag. I can't stress enough how much fun this build is. Even if you're not really a fan of SW, get this set!

While on my way to bed last night, I caught myself staring at my little Artoo set and smiling. So, I'm throwing this out to all you who haven't bought the set yet or are on the fence. You NEED to buy 10225 R2-D2! It is one of the best builds(if not the best) out there. The build isn't very repetitive, sans the legs. It is pure joy, in my opinion, to see him come together bag by bag. I can't stress enough how much fun this build is. Even if you're not really a fan of SW, get this set!

[/quote

im definitely going to buy the r2-d2 .. looks great

Hi town folk, I'm new to this theme but I'm really into the police line. I have a bit of a problem though, I have no idea what set(s) to buy! I have a budget of about £25 to £40. I would really like some recommendations on what sets to buy.

Thanks

TT

Masked Builder

I only opened mine for the figures then put the rest of the pieces back in the box, so I have no idea. But from what I've seen it does look like a neat little set. You get a light brick and some of those gorgeous olive green slopes. I'll have to open mine up sometime.

Now a question of my own. I was torn on the Vampyre Castle from Monster Fighters when it came out. It has some neat features (which I don't really care about, but the pieces may come in handy somewhere). And of course, the figures are awesome. But I originally decided to not get the castle and get the Haunted House instead and will receive the Vampyre/Bride in that set and bricklink the man-bats. However, I recently came across a new unopened box for $60.00 instead of the normal $100.00. I may end up picking it up for that price since I was on the fence before. But I'm not so sure. What does everyone think?

Okay, straight up: Town Hall or Haunted House?? I can actually get the Town Hall cheaper, but am just so torn between each... Plus this will be my first and likely only Modular purchase so I want to make it count. Any suggestions?

TheLegoDr

For that price, it is a must-buy. It contains a lot of nice parts and figs, even though you already have the vampire and his bride. If you don't need those two, you can sell them online anyway. If you were on the fence for it, then you should definitely buy it.

Elijah Timms

I would go for the Town Hall, especially if it is cheaper. For some reason I feel if as it is a more complete building than the Haunted House. However, if you are interested in the Monster Fighters line, and plan to get other sets from the line, I think you should go for the Haunted House.

Masked Builder

Now a question of my own. I was torn on the Vampyre Castle from Monster Fighters when it came out. It has some neat features (which I don't really care about, but the pieces may come in handy somewhere). And of course, the figures are awesome. But I originally decided to not get the castle and get the Haunted House instead and will receive the Vampyre/Bride in that set and bricklink the man-bats. However, I recently came across a new unopened box for $60.00 instead of the normal $100.00. I may end up picking it up for that price since I was on the fence before. But I'm not so sure. What does everyone think?

I'd say go for it.

It's a lovely set with some great details and features, a nice selection of minfigures and a really great overall look. Plus I'd say that that was a good price too - I personally think the RRP for this set is actually pretty good as it is. No it's not cheap but I think you still get your money's worth - But that price is great.

Im torn between the Star wars imperial shuttle and getting both the maersk train set and Diagon alley. Which is almost the same price, what is a better buy? Whats more collectable and whats a better build? Thanks

How is the Orc Forge set? I'll probably pick it up either way, but it's the only set I really want right now.

I'm biased because I love all things Tolkien, but aside from that it's a really good set.

Im torn between the Star wars imperial shuttle and getting both the maersk train set and Diagon alley. Which is almost the same price, what is a better buy? Whats more collectable and whats a better build? Thanks

I'm gonna say the Maersk Train and Diagon Alley. :thumbup: The train is, well, Maersk Blue (:wub:) and Diagon Alley has some beautiful buildings as well as awesome figs. :classic:

Hey folks,

Let's say I wanted to try my hand at Trial Trucks. Knowing that I'll need a solid set of four wheels, a motor (or two), control unit, etc.. Am I better off Bricklinking the essential parts and then buying extra bits (gears, axles, framing, joints, etc) as I need them, or would it be cheaper to buy a set and move on from there? Looking at the electronic pieces from the $199 4x4 set, they come to about $70-80 on their own, and that's from individual stores. I've got the 1999 Mindstorms kit back home, so I've got two of those old motors, as well as a -bunch- of technic axles, gears, frames, etc. I know I don't have any fancier joint-type pieces or such.

So, yeah. If I were to get into building Trial Trucks, am I better off Bricklinking, or is there a particular set that, for reasonable cost, has what I need to get started?

Its much better to buy complete 9398. Even if you buy all PF parts you will still need wheel and tires which are anotherat least 20$ and also those frames, panels and special parts are not so cheap. 1999 Mindstorms set SOME technic parts, but enough for any serious building and even those included are all of older types, so to build something storng enough for new motors, you would have to buy almost all parts new.

Other alternative is 8110 Unimog, which has even more parts, buy you would have to buy additional motor and PF receiver and remote (and most probably new tires).

Old mindstorms motors are useless for TT building. They are much too underpowered to move that sized vehicle even on flat ground.

Hey folks.

I recently re-watched Star Wars: Episode II on telly, and now I'm afraid to say that I'm in a serious Star Wars mood at the moment. Immeadiately, I dug out my LEGO Star Wars collection, but realised that I have an alarming lack of any good vehicles to play with admire. My question is, which Star Wars vehicle set would be a good buy for me right now? Preferably Prequel Trilogy, and within my budget of about £30 maximum.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Scorpiox

I have the opportunity to buy a used Cafe Corner set for £200. It has no box but the instructions and set itself are like new.

Is it worth it?

I have the opportunity to buy a used Cafe Corner set for £200. It has no box but the instructions and set itself are like new.

Is it worth it?

I can't say whether it's worth it to you, but I know I would. At that price, I would buy two if I could.

My question is, which Star Wars vehicle set would be a good buy for me right now? Preferably Prequel Trilogy, and within my budget of about £30 maximum.

I'd go with Anakin's Jedi Interceptor, Geonosian Starfighter, Naboo Starfighter, or Saesee Tiin's Starfighter. All are great builds and have reall well done minifigures (some are evn brand new).