Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Fire Brigade or Maersk Train?

There is still a chance to get 10197 on S@H once it's back in stock (risky, I know!), and it'll be a great set to have.

If the Maersk Train is supposedly to be discontinued soon this year, should I get it, or the Fire Brigade?

There is still a chance to get 10197 on S@H once it's back in stock (risky, I know!), and it'll be a great set to have.

If the Maersk Train is supposedly to be discontinued soon this year, should I get it, or the Fire Brigade?

The Fire Brigade will not be around much longer the Mearsk train should not be such a problem!

I'd go with 10197. It's a great set with a nice interior(the first modular to have it, IIRC). Has a great vintage fire engine. And, it even has the ever elusive female minifigure. :tongue: 10219 is also a nice set with a good color scheme and at first(the engine) a fun build. It starts to get repetitive after that.

Big thanks guys for your help :wink:

But I agree, buy both. And buy the Imperial Flagship. In a few years you'll be kicking yourself. Charge it if you have to!

The Flagship has now risen right to the top of my wants list! I hadnt realised just how pricey that ship was. Can't seem to find it on Lego's website either so im guessing it has been discontinued (like I said, i'm new to these ships!) Its going to have to be Bricklink I think. I'm having an "I need a Flagship" Ebay Lego sale right now :laugh:

The Flagship has now risen right to the top of my wants list! I hadnt realised just how pricey that ship was. Can't seem to find it on Lego's website either so im guessing it has been discontinued (like I said, i'm new to these ships!) Its going to have to be Bricklink I think. I'm having an "I need a Flagship" Ebay Lego sale right now :laugh:

That ship can be pretty expensive. We ordered mine off of Amazon. I didn't see it in the Lego website for quite some time. I think they were having a sale on Amazon a while ago (like 30-40 dollars off), at least here in the states. I haven't looked at it in a while though. I just got it at Christmas, so I haven't built it yet.

Good luck on your purchases

Should I buy all dino 2012 sets? I quite like the sets. Are most parts yellow or green?

Daniel.

Most parts are yellow. The only green is the plants, dinos, and on the tranq guns.

Big thanks guys for your help :wink:

I've said this many times in this thread already, whenever someones choices are this and something else, I am adamant in telling them to get this. I'm not into pirates or ships all that much, didn't own any at the time I bought this ship. Its just so impressive a model and a great display piece. When I had it displayed people could not believe it was LEGO til they got a closer look. I absolutely love this set and is probably my favorite set, even above the Modulars. Basically, if I could marry it, I would. :tongue: Ok...,maybe not. But, you get the point. I'm pretty sure it got discontinued recently, so buy it now while it's relatively cheap.

I need a small, maybe $40 dollar set. I don't want it to be licensed...I don't really have any of the recent non-licensed ones. :sceptic:

I need a small, maybe $40 dollar set. I don't want it to be licensed...I don't really have any of the recent non-licensed ones. :sceptic:

What themes do you like? Do you want the set for parts, display, or building?

What themes do you like? Do you want the set for parts, display, or building?

Probably for the figs or parts.

What kind of figs or parts do you want? (If you want anything specific)

I just want a cheap non-licensed set!!!!

I just want a cheap non-licensed set!!!!

You're being difficult.

Do you want parts and figs from space sets, castle sets, town sets, pirate sets, Ninjago sets, or Friends sets? If you really don't have a preference we can't answer more specifically, so just walk into a toy shop and buy any $40 set.

Edited by gotoAndLego

For a $40 set, my first answer would be any set that you can find on clearance now, because you might be able to get $80 worth of LEGO for $40 if you are lucky. I picked up a Mill Village Raid for $35USD and an Alien Conquest HQ for $45, both 50% off, but those deals are getting sparse now. If you're lucky you might still find one.

Other than that, take a look at some of the new Bricks and More and basic brick boxes. LEGO seems to be moving toward including more interesting parts in these collections, as well as 1-2 minifigs. The new police and safari sets would net you 4 minifigs and a good number of bricks for about $20-$25 USD (depending on where you shop). Add the airplane building set and you're at about $40 with a bunch of bricks and another couple of minifigs. Creator sets will also get you lots of parts, but not many minifigs (1 at most).

If you are looking for a theme set the new 2012 City Vehicles are nice (could pick up a pair for $40US), as are the Friends sets (a bit high on the price/piece, and minidolls instead of minifigs, but the parts are nice to have).

Do you want parts and figs from space sets, castle sets, town sets, pirate sets, Ninjago sets, or Friends sets?

I either Friends sets or town (but not cops/robbers.)

So a friend just bought me a $20 LEGO Gift Card for giving him my DotA 2 Beta Key. :tongue: Pretty awesome! I bought the Fire Brigade about a week ago, but I'm gearing up for another new purchase in the next week or two. It'll be between Medieval Market Village, Grand Emporium, or the Mini Modulars. MMV and GE are (obviously) closest to going OOP, but I'm completely unaware of the time frame on them. The Minis SHOULD be around for a while, no?

Thoughts!

So a friend just bought me a $20 LEGO Gift Card for giving him my DotA 2 Beta Key. :tongue: Pretty awesome! I bought the Fire Brigade about a week ago, but I'm gearing up for another new purchase in the next week or two. It'll be between Medieval Market Village, Grand Emporium, or the Mini Modulars. MMV and GE are (obviously) closest to going OOP, but I'm completely unaware of the time frame on them. The Minis SHOULD be around for a while, no?

Thoughts!

Of the three I would say MMV, as I think it could disappear at any time. It seems Lego has not put these sets (FB, MMV) on sale because they know they'll sell out in due time at full price. It's also a great set.

The GE probably won't disappear for a year, so I think it can wait. It should go after the Fire Brigade.

The mini modulars I'm honestly not sure about, it's a VIP exclusive, but Lego has said nothing of it being limited. Anyways, it's not even available online yet, and it has normal exclusive packaging, so it should continue for a while more. It's arguable the worst value as well, I personally am going to wait for this one.

Thoughts!

If you collect Castle, then definitely go MMV. Otherwise go with GE. They're both great sets, MMV will go off the market soon. I think it's one of the best sets for the money LEGO has done.

Fire Brigade or Pet Shop?

Fire Brigade will probably be discontinued in the next few months, while Pet Shop was only released last year so probably has another 2 years-ish to go. I'm still debating FB as I don't like it as much as the 'everyday' buildings like shops, houses and cafes.