I have the pleasure to present you my latest moc.

The Caterhan Seven (also called Caterham 7) is the present version of the original Lotus Seven (or Lotus 7) designed by Colin Champan in 1957.

CaterhamSeven01.jpg

This car is very famous because it is extremly ligth, and it has outstanding dinamic specs, which make this car perfect for its use in competition and track days.

The original:

Caterham_Super7.jpg

CaterhamSeven28.JPG

This creation is made in scale 1:7. Thus remains in 29 studs wide, 56 of length and 20 fo high(23x45x16cm).

The weigth is 2.2kgs.

It has around 2500 parts.

CaterhamSeven08.JPG

As all my MOCs, this includes some remote controlled functions:

- Steering (PF M motor)

- Drive (PF 2XL motors)

- Sequential 5+R speeds gearbox (PF Servo motor)

- Disc brakes (PF M motor)

CaterhamSeven17.JPG

This car arrives with a 5+R speeds version of the all-new 3th generation of my sequential gearboxes. The new generation is even more compact and reliable. Of course it has auto.clutch

CaterhamSeven11.JPG

It has a gear indicator in the cabin.

CaterhamSeven22.JPG

Just behind the seats, over the rear axle are the battery and the drive motors (2XL)

CaterhamSeven10.JPG

The Seven design is based in a tubular unibody frame with double wishbone front independent suspension and DeDion rear live axle.

The front axle is double wishbone type with caster angle, camber angle and ackerman steering.

CaterhamSeven12.JPG

The original Lotus 7 had a typical rear live axle, and the newest and powerfull version has independent suspension , but the most common rear axle is the DeDion axle. Like the real one, this creation has rear 3-links DeDion axle(you can see it in more detail in the video)

The "most wanted" picture.

CaterhamSeven21.JPG

This creationa also has working brakes in all wheels(the same brakes used in my Land-Rover)

CaterhamSeven20.JPG

Like the real Seven, this creation mantains the unibody frame. Also to reduce the weigth, the frame and the bodywork are the same thing. The yellow liftarms in both sides of the car are the bodywork, but at the same time are the frame of the car.

This picture shows how the structure is made

CaterhamSeven29.JPG

As always a little video:

For more info and pictures you can visit sheepo.es

Fernando

Edited by Sheepo

Wow, this is amazing! Not my favored type of vehicle, but really great construction :thumbup:

I should have known you were up to something! Excellent work as usual, especially fitting in the gear box. How well does it drive?

tim

How well does it drive?

Really well!!

It can move fast and nimbly even in fifth gear, and the new gearbox is more realible than the Land-Rover ones.

Oh wow, I'm not really into cars, but I want to build this one.

As always a little video:

I can't see the video either - it's just not there.

Any chance for some pictures of the front suspension with body removed? I'm really interested at how you made it :sweet: :excited:

EDIT: I know the bodywork is the frame but at least some of the hood can be removed...

Edited by z3_2drive

WOW, incredible model! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

May I ask how long it took to make?

And will your new gearbox be available to purchase? :tongue:

As always, super-supercar!

It is good that you made this MOC that is less complex (less functions) than Land Rover, cause it is hard to realize how compelx MOC you can build after LR....Sometimes we have to make step back to simpler models to improve old construction (like gearbox).

Thank you for another awesome work!

Any chance for some pictures of the front suspension with body removed? I'm really interested at how you made it :sweet::excited:

EDIT: I know the bodywork is the frame but at least some of the hood can be removed...

The front suspension can't corretly seen without disassemble many parts..., but actually it is a versy simple double wishbone suspension, it is similar to this one from my MPS but using liftarms instead of Lego A-arms

F.B.1.2.jpg

And yes, some parts of the bodywork can be removed without problems, mainly: the hood, the mudguards, the rear black hood and the front air entrance, the rest of the bodywork are the frame too.

May I ask how long it took to make?

The development history of this car is very strange, This is the car I failed some months ago(I posted about it in my website), I spent 3 months in it along October, November and January, but I must forgot it for many problems... but at the begining of April, I restart it from zero, using this new gearbox, I designed and built the whole car in less than 3 weeks... almost incredible for me hahaha

Good work! Compared to the defender, most of the functions and internals are simillar?

Yes, the brakes are the same as the LR, and some parts of the gearbox, the sequential mechanism is completely new, but the gears configuration are the same too.

Edited by Sheepo

fantastic model, especially to squeeze all the motors and even an engine within such a neat space

quick q but how you you get the curvature for the rear arches ?