lightningtiger

MOC - Multi-Storey City Building

It's been a few weeks since I posted any designs and with the coming of Town Square I decided to start designing buildings to join that set.....well when I can buy it. :blush:

Through out European cities you can find small inner city hardware stores so here is my take on them.

city_hardware_store_90.jpgcity_hardware_store_91.jpgcity_hardware_store_92.jpg

The painter's roller has come in just in time eh ? :wink:

Now what's going on top....well either a second floor for giftware/kitchenware/glassware or a different business all together....an office of some sort....any ideas or suggestions ?

Oh, an example of a real one I guess would be a good idea right ? :blush:

picture_store_143.JPG

Keep watching ! :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

This hardware store looks great. :wink: The stickers you have at the front of the store suit the store well and the interior is excellent for a small shop. Any more MOCs soon, lightningtiger? :sweet:

This hardware store looks great. :wink: The stickers you have at the front of the store suit the store well and the interior is excellent for a small shop. Any more MOCs soon, lightningtiger? :sweet:

Thanks and yes, the upper section is to be done yet plus a post office and bank.....one on either side (the bank will be a redo of 3661 with some tiger magic included). :sweet:

Has anyone noticed the stickers......MS paint touched up hardware store stickers from the 1980's idea book.....wish I still had it....bummer. :sadnew:

Keep watching and any suggestions always welcome. :classic:

Nice work (as always) Simple but effective (great use of the paint rollers) and the stickers suit it perfectly (think I still have a set of those stickers somewhere... Were the originals yellow on black?) Around here shops like this would most often have accomodation upstairs - a small flat/bedsit maybe?

Fantastic MOC, 'lightningtiger'. :classic:

I love hardware stores! Well, mostly because of the Weird Al Yankovic song. :grin: But, I love how yours is 16-wide, and how it is very modern for a hardware store! :sweet:

Edited by just2good

Thanks everyone for your wonderful feedback and comments......oh, and yes 'greg3' the original sticker was black and yellow. The ideas book hardware store design is similar to those that can be found in Denmark.....Goggle Maps can be handy to find things eh ? :grin:

It appears there is two trends in hardware stores....either big box or the small city concept ones.....in Europe both are popular.

picture_store_120.jpg

Another image of a real one.

Post office design has been finished on LDD - hope to build in the next few days. :wink:

Keep watching ! :grin:

LT, your stores are fantastic. I'm in the middle of building like 6 different types of small city stores based on your designs, fiancee is stopping my Lego buying for the foreseeable future so most everything is a WIP. She keeps going on about buying a house and paying for a wedding and keeping the kids fed and clothed...I kid I kid. :grin: . But anyway, your designs are great from the shelving to the front counters, all great!!

Thanks and you should try to convince her that buying Lego is good for children.....I just buy and hide from the boss (wife). :wink:

The post office is coming along slowing ! :wink:

BUTCHER!!!!!! =D And the name of the hardware shop. Brico....... LOL

Edited by Ham17

Thanks for the response 'Ham17', but no butcher.....think when you need bread and milk at any time day or night ! (dam, just gave it away) :laugh:

I'll have the stickering done on the first floor tomorrow......keep watching. :grin:

Hey tiger, any reason why you don't seem to do any 2 story mocs?

Hey tiger, any reason why you don't seem to do any 2 story mocs? Maybe a block of apartments on the block of stores?

Thanks for the comment 'LT12V', no pet candy store, but by the what would be the back wall would be pet food....even pups get hungry at 11pm......I'm dropping clues, so keep guessing ! :grin:

Ah, 'tomdobs55' posted while I was writing 'LT12V' reply.....anyway, I have only done two other multi-storey designs before including a pub.

No one has guessed the shop on the far left....maybe I should add some more stuff eh ? (a slushy machine ....not even room dam it). :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

Well it won't called a 7-11.....but you guessed it (must have been the slushy machine comment eh ?)......and no prizes....sorry my town's budget doesn't extend that far ! :laugh:

My next problem with be what goes on top....either living space or office space.....what does everyone think ? :look:

Nice design. And I see that there are some gardening tools you're selling. Any flowers?

Thanks for the feedback everyone......those collectable minifigs really come in handy don't they, flowers might be a good idea and mini shops....ha, ha that's not new...I was doing those in 2010 way before Cuusoo. :wink:

More to come....so as usual keep watching ! :grin:

Now I need your help everyone......what's going up on top......suit hire, design studio, real estate office, fancy wares showroom.....ideas anyone ?

city_84.jpg

Oh, yeah those builders need to know as well...so they can stop looking at hot women. :laugh:

Keep watching and suggesting everyone ! :wink: