Sign in to follow this  
Matteo1130

A simple question

Hi all, I had these two hulls (bow and stern, no mids) in full grey after the splitting for the black top on brown hull in another ship...

My first idea, after looking at the master index, was to "clone" the Seagull (I've always loved that MOC), but after some try I think I get something wich I found more interesting: the resulting (since now) has 8 gunports and a captain's cabin (great enough to store 1 or maybe 2 minifigs, orizontal).

The question with myself is between leaving it a square rigged sloop or add a little mast to make it similar to the Beauty (Sebeus's), but doing that the back mast would be placed on the door to the cabin, as in the caribbean clipper.

Is this realistic, or has every mast to sink into the hull?

Sorry for the lack of pictures in my latest posts, I'll try to make an account on BS later..

just for reference: The Seagull, The Beauty.

Personally I'd stick to one mast for a hull without midsections and I would set that mast a bit further back than CGH did, about 3 or 4 studs closer to the center.

...the back mast would be placed on the door to the cabin, as in the caribbean clipper.

Is this realistic, or has every mast to sink into the hull?

Only the big masts sink into the hull, smaller masts often don't go all the way down but usually they still cross atleast one deck. I'm not an expert though.

If you go for a two masts design maybe you can, instead of a central door, make two doors and leave the mast in the middle (if there's enough room for that, maybe for doors of 2 studs).

Some pictures would indeed help :laugh: .

Edited by Sebeus I

Sounds good to me! And i would like to see some pictures of your vessel. And as Sebeus already tld yu, stay whit one mast a you dont have any midsections.

This is to post some picture: how may I delete an old BS account to make another?

edit: many thanks for the tips, I'll go for a 1 masted ship. Once found the way to delete the old account and make a newer one I'll post some picture about this ship and the progresses from the frigate, this isquite incomplete because of the lack of pieces (it will be completed with just a BL order), but the overall shape is well visible.

Edited by Matteo1130

Since the BL order is already shipped, I'm waiting 'till its arrival to post the pictures from the complete building, maybe in a dedicated thread. This afternoon I've "worked" on a way to make a nice cabin.. project failed, but now there's enough room to host:

- a single sitting minifig (in a 2x4 studs space)

- a desk with a "leather" writing table, with a lever as a pen

- a couple maps

- a couple lanterns

I know, it is not much... and the minifig now can't lie for "sleeping", but I'm pretty happy considering the size of this boat.