Sign in to follow this  
just2good

Batman Tumbler reaches 10K on Cuusoo!

The minifigure-scale Batman Tumbler has reached 10,000 supporters on LEGO Cuusoo! Congrats to 'BrentWaller'! :classic:

Minifiguretumbler.png

I'm so conflicted on the idea of this becoming a Cuusoo set. Cuusoo is so backed up that if it does become a set, we wont see it until the end of 2015. :tongue:

LEGO can just do what they did with the Western Town project and say that it conflicts with a set in production. I really hope they do make this, as it is just2awesome! :grin:

Do y'all think this will become a set?

Meh, pointless project. I'm not expecting another Tumbler anytime soon.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

I wouldn't call it pointless, this Tumbler looks a lot better than TLG's two tumblers. Having said that, this one will probably not get made due to the fact that there was a tumbler released only recently.

I'd suggest it was pointless too but then again we've seen Purdue Pete...

While this is a great design, I doubt that this will pass the review stage because it is part of the Super Heroes theme. Remember what happened to the (excellent!) Modular Western Town project... Lego's feedback after the review was:

"The Modular Western Town project conflicts with an ongoing project at the LEGO Group. As a result, the project does not meet the business case requirements and has not passed the LEGO Review."

I'm afraid the Batman Tumbler will most likely suffer the same fate...

Agreed. This will fail in the business case as being in conflict with the active license. A UCS type ultra detailed Tumbler we might have had a hope for. But Lego has twice produced a "minifig scale" Tumbler set. One years age (insane aftermarket prices) and the smaller dinky one just this year. I know they say that a project being a part of an active license does not disqualify it. But I honestly think whoever drew up that policy did not investigate things deeply enough.

And this is the same thing that killed the MWT and will kill the Sandcrawler project. In the case of an active license they have no effective way to differentiate between a CuuSoo project, and one that is actually within the production loop or would be part of the normal production schedule. Take the Sandcrawler as an example. For purposes of their license how does Lego differentiate between a CuuSoo proposal and simply remaking a new version of set 10144? Why would the license holders ever agree to doing a major item like that as a very small limited release CuuSoo project with ties to an outside designer, when the license and the design is already active with TLG? It's one thing if the project was an obscure subject under the broader license that would never otherwise see a regular release (As an example something obscure from Star Wars such as Dash Rendar's Outrider, or an unusual but well known video game ship. For Batman, maybe a 40's era Batmobile?) But I am doubtful that they will ever go for a main primary or iconic subject as a CuuSoo project while the license is still active and a front line presence on retail shelves. I just think the legal stuff probably gets too complicated.

It is an awesome creation, but I don't see it passing. Even if enough people wanted to buy this version over the other recent version, I still don't see them making it since they already released one. Which is unfortunate. But honestly, even if they didn't release the most recent tumbler, I would be 99% sure they still wouldn't release this as a CUUSOO set.

Either way, congrats.

I really suspect that in order for a CuuSoo project from an existing and active license to ever pass review it will have to be very very unusual. Something that just would not come up any other way.

As an example, for the Batman / DC Superheroes license, this Tumbler is a nice little build, but it's still just another Tumbler. Nothing That would not come up in the normal execution of the license. Whereas a project like Bobskinks Custom Duplo Dynamic Duo set with matching Barris Batmobile http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/38917 is so far off the beaten path, that it would never show up as a retail set, no matter how long the license went on. yet it is so well executed and perfect for the license that it would probably make a rather good CuuSoo project. CuuSoo is the only place it would ever see the light if day.

Edited by Faefrost