As rm8 mentioned, this month is "Month of Russian technics".So, let me be the 3rd with my new work that took me 8 months to do - Russian famous KAMAZ truck.

Features:

Front lights

Scale - 1:16.7

RWD (like the real one)

Width - 18 studs

Ackerman steering (solid suspension on the front axle, based on 2Lego`s design)

Differential on the rear axle (Classic technic suspension, don`t know how to name it)

Many SNOT solutions like the front grill and the roof that were a very big headache.

As for the technical solutions, the thing I`m very proud of is the steering mechanism.It was the biggest problem due to the weight of the cab, but the idea with using a minifig part decided it.

Just to add, I have used some ideas from this work : http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=304715

971728_w640_h640_43253.jpg

a28070.jpg

My model:

8719527937_1996ccdcb5.jpg

KAMA3 43253 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

8719525039_3d91341a94.jpg

1 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

8720649040_585ab56eb2.jpg

3 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

8720652622_eb93cc42f3.jpg

4 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

8719524979_8564bbe267.jpg

2 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

8719528477_0002d3e91a.jpg

5 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

8720652566_d7a7498f1c.jpg

6 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

8720652530_bd71aa3822.jpg

7 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

8720652360_a09e67e2b3.jpg

8 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

Edited by Kit Fisto

WOW, stunning model! What a great job. And Russian too! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Forgive me for criticizing, as you worked on this a long time, but to me it seems a touch too tall.

Молодец! Классная работа! Горжусь!

Excellent work!

I love all of the SNOT techniques you used, it looks awesome! How well does it drive(video)?

tim

Thank you guys for your kind replies ! :) I haven`t recorded a video. because I don`t think It`s needed, it can only drive and steer...

As for proportions, the height of the roof is correct due to the blueprints...The only problem may be the height of the front grill.It was a big headache to make it - I wanted to keep the number of black holes and grills like in the original.Unfortunately, I have found no other way to do it, except of stickers, but..Who loves stickers? But if somebody has an idea how to make the front grill more correct - I`ll be glad to hear.

Edited by Kit Fisto

The truck is still excellent but looking for it on the internet, it seems certain that it should become a stud wider to be even better, in my opinion of course.

Great work!!

I think you could add plate tiles to sides of truck bed .

Just a thought.

Wow, the cab is incredibly well built ! Awesome ! But I agree wit the others, it's too tall. x/

Edited by Leewan

Great model! And unusual to!

I really like this, and by my definition it's definitively a Model Team model, and a very good one at that. We don't see to many Model Teams around any more, so please keep up the good work.