Maxim I

Giant Pirate Diorama (Brickmania Wetteren 2013)

4 Belug-members (and also EB-members) worked together to create this giant Pirate diorama!

• Mpya Stedor (the eastern city in the corner) is provided by me (Damaximus)
  • The small village in front of the walls of Mpya Stedor is provided by Synbiot
  • All ships (except for the official sets) are provided by Sebeus
  • The La Luna Fortress (and most of the armies) are provided by J.L. Hornblower

This is the result:

total lay-out:

8717365465_ec7aff4bfb_c.jpg

and some more atmosphere pics:

8718481902_b25d07f2fc_c.jpg

8717362695_de290227ff_c.jpg

8718482786_13f3d26950_c.jpg

8718483378_1900153cb3_c.jpg

8717364313_6d49036822_c.jpg

8717364817_acbcf3c4af_c.jpg

8718486364_9ed271916c_c.jpg

8718486760_614679c8d6_c.jpg

8718488526_4d90d5ffed_c.jpg

the flickr album:

the brickshelf album (with around 100 pictures!!!!)

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=527682

We are planning to do the same in Antwerp on 9 and 10 November 2013. Those who are interested in participating, feel free to contact me !

Edited by Damaximus

The scale alone is impressive! Then you add in all of the details and "life" poses. Very impressive. I can't believe my eyes seeing those large scale armies of redcoats! I was happy with my 12 new redcoats haha.

That does make me want to get back into MOCing my ships. I had a few started, but then got derailed to another project.

The scale alone is impressive! Then you add in all of the details and "life" poses. Very impressive. I can't believe my eyes seeing those large scale armies of redcoats! I was happy with my 12 new redcoats haha.

That does make me want to get back into MOCing my ships. I had a few started, but then got derailed to another project.

I know what you mean :laugh: I got 30 myself, but that is still nothing compared to the army of Hornblower :blush:

i really should sleep more after such an event :laugh:

what I wanted to show in the first link was this (already edited now)

Edited by Damaximus

The layout was gigantic, my Flying Dutchman looked so small between those big forts.

There's isn't really a creative aspect about an army but everyone would admit that the sight of that army was impressive *oh2*, I had the privilege to pose a great deal of the minifigures :grin: .

We are planning to do the same in Antwerp on 9 and 10 November 2013. Those who are interested in participating, feel free to contact me !

I can only encourage that.

Every add is welcome, space (as in 'room') will not be an Issue, There will be more room than we need :excited: .

Edited by Sebeus I

I always love a good Pirate Dio, and thoose armies, and thoose ships, and the two massive forts. They fit together very nicely.

I think its about time i upload my Pirate dio, i had with me at a exhibition two weeks ago.

(eventhough i'm just solo)

Nice job. Great to see some people who can work together, and supply so many great pirate objects

Soooo good. Is there any better picture of cannons (on battlefield), i want to make same :-)

Soooo good. Is there any better picture of cannons (on battlefield), i want to make same :-)

Check the brickshelf gallery :laugh:

But to help you:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=527682

It's a cannon technic designed by an Eurobrick member (I don't remember his name) and L.J. Hornblower showed us the technic, but it's really difficult to explain (maybe Sebeus can help me out with this?)

I always love a good Pirate Dio, and thoose armies, and thoose ships, and the two massive forts. They fit together very nicely.

I think its about time i upload my Pirate dio, i had with me at a exhibition two weeks ago.

(eventhough i'm just solo)

Nice job. Great to see some people who can work together, and supply so many great pirate objects

By working together, the result is indeed almost always incredible :classic: Especially if you can work together with such a talented builders !

Edited by Damaximus

i've actually travelled large parts of the worlds but to be honest, I haven't been to Belgium nor the Netherlands yet, so why not go there ...

anyway, I've like mpya stedor from the beginng and it's great to see some larger shots of it. However, I like it much better in GoH setting :wink:

really cool stuff from the others as well!

i've actually travelled large parts of the worlds but to be honest, I haven't been to Belgium nor the Netherlands yet, so why not go there ...

anyway, I've like mpya stedor from the beginng and it's great to see some larger shots of it. However, I like it much better in GoH setting :wink:

really cool stuff from the others as well!

Would be cool to see you here!!! Maybe Ecclesiastes will be there as well :classic:

It was the first time I really put every build I made for my city together :classic: And don't worry, it will have it's own topic with pictures without pirates soon in GoH :classic:

Thanks alot Damaximus, i found 1 close up of cannon on http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5841631, i will try to make it in LDD.

I couldn't find it in the cannon index, but there's a rather tricky connection featuring robot arms stuck in the 1x2x3 slope bricks, not possible in LDD I think

This is epic, I love it! It seems that from any given perspective it could be a different time and/or place, yet it all works together as one great event. Great job guys!

How big is this bloody thing, anyway? :wub_drool:

23 x 12 baseplates (32x32 baseplates) so in studs that's 736 x 384 studs

(I hope I've got my numbers right).

Edited by Sebeus I

so much love for the big forts & ships..

So little for the little village that just didn't want to go..

even after they shot my cow... damned red coats..

musn't forget Inge for all her posing of the red & blue coats & the "landscaping" ...

also.. what happened to those 3 wandering cows?

Wow. On my best days I don't have the attention span to cover half a baseplate.

It's things like this that makes you proud of LEGO Pirates.

Indeed :classic:

so much love for the big forts & ships..

So little for the little village that just didn't want to go..

even after they shot my cow... damned red coats..

musn't forget Inge for all her posing of the red & blue coats & the "landscaping" ...

also.. what happened to those 3 wandering cows?

Time to give your village the attention it deserves! Go post it in Historica :laugh: (under the banner of Kaliphlin ofcourse :devil: )

And indeed, a lot of thanks to Inge for setting up and keeping an eye over everything during the event! (shame on all those kids nowadays :laugh: )

Officially, we have no idea what happened to those wandering cows...

But it is a public secret that desert people don't like cows :laugh:

Wow. On my best days I don't have the attention span to cover half a baseplate.

Haha :laugh: but we were with 5 (Inge included), so covering baseplates was no problem for us :classic:

Errm, owow, was I suposed to write that down? :laugh: As far as I remember, it was indeed something like that :classic:

Edited by Damaximus