dsc_0035.jpg

Based on 2013 Volvo FH16 6x4

its equiepted with ampliroll or hook lift system

dsc_0100.jpg_thumb.jpgdsc_0102.jpg_thumb.jpgdsc_0104.jpg_thumb.jpgdsc_0106.jpg_thumb.jpgdsc_0107.jpg_thumb.jpgdsc_0110.jpg_thumb.jpgdsc_0112.jpg_thumb.jpgdsc_0115.jpg_thumb.jpg

dsc_00414.jpg

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx8kawBn1Io[/media]

Features:

1 M motor for steering

1 XL motor for drive

1 M motor and 1 linear actuator for the sliding/locking mechanism

2 Recievers

1 Standard battery pack

1 Flat bed

1 Wood log carrier

1 Open dump body? (i dont know how to call it)

And openable doors

Some more info:

It uses 2 linear actuators for the jib but in order to make it work i needed to get more range so i used 2 tipper scissor style mechanisms to achive it.

The sliding/locking mechanism uses a 12t to 24t because the jib flexes at the middle and its only got 2 fixed points this also means that it can only be powered when the jib is in the lower position something that real trucks use to prevent the jib from being accidentaly disengaged when its at the tipping position which could cause damage cause the body would fall down.

The rear pendular suspension is achived by meshing a 12t to 20t gear so that they can rotate at the mesh (this is something i saw Zblj do in his videos)

Things that can be improved:

The rear chasis flexes cause it only uses 2 beams at the rear where the wheels are connected

The linear actuators are too slow specially the sliding cause it uses a worm gear but i didnt have more room for other thing

Since i build it i was told that in the real ones the 2 parts of the jib when they are in the hook position the jib has a contac point and then both of them move together so that the lenght of the point where it pivots to the point of the hook changes to have more power in the initial part of the lift

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=527652

Edited by achuyman

Welcome to the forum Achuyman. :sweet:

A good attempt at a hook-lift truck,do you plan to buy some more grill tiles for the front?

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Warm welcomes to the forum! The cab looks great and the functions seem to work well to. Did you have any weight problems with the LAs?

tim

Thanks to everybody ive been out of building for 2 years but ive visit this forum before

i dont plan to buy any more parts soon

with the linear actuators i actually have more problems with the gears cause the motor will stall or the gears slip before their internal clutch would slip

and i may be tempted to build another hook lift but with a better working jib for more weight sometime

I think it looks and performs very well! I'm loving the mechanisms! great video too.

Well done, and keep up the good work. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well done mate! I don't see from the video or pics, but seems you haven't put differentials on rear axels (i think due to lack of space) have you? and why haven't you made double wheels on the rear axels?

But again you did a really good job!

Well done mate! I don't see from the video or pics, but seems you haven't put differentials on rear axels (i think due to lack of space) have you? and why haven't you made double wheels on the rear axels?

But again you did a really good job!

Thanks, i did put differentials on the rear here are more pics http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=527652

and i didnt put more wheels because i dont have more wheels the same color

Edited by achuyman

Welcome to the forum. :classic: I really like the design of the cab. :thumbup: