Altezza

WIP - LotR Helm´s Deep (minifig scale)

Exactly. I think everyone that's asking is in pure awe of what Altezza is doing. I don't sense any "criticism" towards how much he's spending on Lego. This is a Lego forum after all kibosh, I can't see anyone "questioning how someone spends their time and money" when we're all doing the exact same thing.

I was the first asking and I am totally astonished by his work! I spend a lot of money in lego too and I like to see people sharing my passion. How could it possibly be a critic.

Mostly... here???

Absolutely amazing!!

You got a lot of nice techniques for an "out of dark age" AFOL.

It may have been asked before, but how do you planned the construction?

Many thanks for the many positive reviews! Glad that you like it!

No problem because the questions. Most of the Figs are from the set 9471 - i have the set 55x :look:

Wow, this makes me speech less. Good luck with the finishing of this project and I'm pretty sure that by the time it's done this will feature the EB front page!

Thanks! EB front page.. maybe in 2015 :wink:

Absolutely amazing!!

You got a lot of nice techniques for an "out of dark age" AFOL.

It may have been asked before, but how do you planned the construction?

Many thanks!

I have no plan.. I buy the bricks and put simply going :wink: try a lot..

The hardest part was until now the main staircase

It would be a pity not to show it at shows. He did say it was divided into sections. Hopefully that makes storage/moving it a lot easier. I'd hate to see it collapse.

The walls are brilliant. I am amazed at the curve and had no idea that you would be able to achieve that. But it makes sense since each is so subtle that it adds up with these larger MOCs, of which I never have attempted.

The size of the castle is impressive. The money going into the project is impressive. The size of the army is impressive. All of these things together = mind blown!

I have 3 of that set. You have 55! Haha, amazing.

I will definitely be following this as well. I can't wait to see the final completion. It will be jaw dropping.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Do you plan on showing this off at any conventions or shows, or is this just for your own personal display?

My plan was the "Lego Fan-Welt" in 2014. but I think I can not do it by then..

It would be a pity not to show it at shows. He did say it was divided into sections. Hopefully that makes storage/moving it a lot easier. I'd hate to see it collapse.

The walls are brilliant. I am amazed at the curve and had no idea that you would be able to achieve that. But it makes sense since each is so subtle that it adds up with these larger MOCs, of which I never have attempted.

The size of the castle is impressive. The money going into the project is impressive. The size of the army is impressive. All of these things together = mind blown!

I have 3 of that set. You have 55! Haha, amazing.

I will definitely be following this as well. I can't wait to see the final completion. It will be jaw dropping.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Many thanks for your comment!

I have 9471 2x now, and the orc forge 1x, so I have 10 Uruk-hai now, and 4 Rohan soldiers, but only 3 new horses (one from Gandalf arrives) :hmpf_bad:. So one cannot ride a horse, that is a pitty.

It would indeed be very cool if you display it at a show. First you have to complete it :wink:

That's an amazing minifigure-scale model of Helm's Deep. ANd that's a LOT of Bley. :thumbup: The details you have in this design look excellent.

this is insane! It's going to weigh so much when you're finished! awesome Moc!

Thanks! The weight would be interested too.

That's an amazing minifigure-scale model of Helm's Deep. ANd that's a LOT of Bley. :thumbup: The details you have in this design look excellent.

Many thanks!

Impressive! I love the massive walls with the (mostly) 2x4 tiles and details such as the columns. This must be a very expensive project with al those bricks and minifigs. Can't wait for updates and the final result!

@altezza: I was just browsing for parts, and I came across this. I think you need a lot of them and they are not that expensive, IMO. Hope I helped! Do with it what you want. (the language can be chanced).

Edited by jeroenaa

@altezza: I was just browsing for parts, and I came across this. I think you need a lot of them and they are not that expensive, IMO. Hope I helped! Do with it what you want. (the language can be chanced).

If I'm not mistaken, Toy Pro is from the same owner (or one of the owners) of the Bricklink store called 'AFOL Supply.' I placed a lot of orders there and have a very good experience with the BL store.

Thanks for sharing this with us, and please keep posting updates when you can! This is the type of project I would love to do if I had more time, space and money (and talent). Looks great now, and can't wait to see how it looks when you're done!

WOW!!! Just amazing... dunno what else to say.

Thanks!

Impressive! I love the massive walls with the (mostly) 2x4 tiles and details such as the columns. This must be a very expensive project with al those bricks and minifigs. Can't wait for updates and the final result!

Many thanks!

It is not necessarily a bargain project ;-) have been installed over 2500 2x4 tiles..

I hope to see Lego Fan-Welt an year... maybe 2014 will be a good choice! :classic:

I also hope ;-)

Thanks for the link, however € 0.28 are very expensive ..! I need more than 1500. only buy for max € 0.19

Edited by Altezza

O, well, I thought you needed much 2x4 tiles, so I posted it. If you want to buy them €0.19, €0.28 is indeed expensive. I saw they had 1200 of them, and I thought that was pretty much.

I know this thread is a bit old, but have there been any updates to this MOC? I was eagerly awaiting the finished product. We were getting updates often for awhile then... nothing. I need to see the end product!