papercla

town house 2, 3 and 4

Hi, here is other building of my modular town.

I've built them last year and now I can show them to you with excellent photo taken by f_random with his softbox at ItLUG Latina 2013 event (all the photo here). Thank you Domenico.

All the 3 town house are 16 stud wide and inspired by photos found out on internet, but at the moment there are no internal furniture.

Have a look and, if you want, tell me your comments.

Here is the Dark Red & white house:

8708655178_c7c649ace1_c.jpg

8707533777_e3a9768116_z.jpg

Here is the Reddish brown house:

8707537311_9cfc472d93_c.jpg

8707538401_5c7e775408_z.jpg

8708660246_e9d90532f1.jpg

Here is the Black&White house (I'm not fully satisfied of this and I want to make some changes in the future)

8708661210_1ac65b0168_c.jpg

8708662294_f4e28de93b_z.jpg

Here is the real buildings

HjIhI1a.jpg

i4oV6lv.jpg

Edited by papercla

These are all lovely. Where are the source buildings?

:classic:

I especially like the use of plants on the first 2. I agree with you though about the black/white building lacking something... It just seems less detailed and the use of trans bricks for such large windows just doesn't work in my opinion. The first 2 buildings though look great - I think the first one is my favourite!!

Sorry for my bad english .

As you can see from the photos of the real building in dark red, the dark red brick is slightly behind than the white lines. It was difficult for me to make this particular because using the "classic" techniques, the offset always seemed too big.

In the end I choose an intricate system using White Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Headlight 407001.jpg, white Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with 1 Stud (Jumper) 379401.jpg, Dark Red Tile 1 x 2 4539090.jpg.

The result was as I wanted, but if I had used a simply white plate and dark red brick, probably nobody would notice the difference. :grin:

Edited by papercla

I think it looks great. I had a similar issue with my latest Moc, which was harder to notice because it was monochrome. I have 320 light tan jumper plates just for this now

:classic:

Really nice work Papercla :thumbup: :thumbup: If I'm not mistaken the first two were also at Modena Play, I'm right?? :wink:

Very nice houses. I think you re-created the originals quite accurately.

I also agree with you with the black and white house - maybe you should rework the windows and put in the ordinary ones. The use of bricks and plates is interesting but in my opinion is more suited for glass walls/decors that are not meant to be fully transparent.

My favourite is the pergola on the top of the reddish brown house. Very lovely detail. :classic:

I really like all three! I do believe the red and white could be more striking if there were some white accent pieces on the front, perhaps at the top of he windows. The brown building has some very clever elements to it, such as the roof garden, which could be very nice in an urban enviornmnt and the bay window also caught my attention. The white nd black building is quite striking. I really like the front windows, becauce using this technique windows can be made to any desired size.

Overall, great!

Andy D

Really nice work Papercla :thumbup: :thumbup: If I'm not mistaken the first two were also at Modena Play, I'm right?? :wink:

Hi Wedge, yes you're right, all the three were at Modena Play event. :sweet:

Excellent job my friend.

I saw these modular houses at RomaBrick - ItLUG Latina 2013! Awesome.

The dark red and reddish brown townhouses look great, and are excellent representations of the originals. I like how you have done the white stripes on the first one and the front planter box on the reddish brown townhouse.

The roof trim on the white house is my favourite detail. Very clever!

I think all are great and close to the pics of the real thing. I like the 'glass block' as well maybe add a garden feature on the top of the white and black one, over all a great job.

Thank you all. :blush:

The roof trim on the white house is my favourite detail. Very clever!

I'm happy you've noticed it and you like. I've worked much time on it. :classic:

Very nice little houses there, it would be good to get a shot with all the modulars together with them?

These are really neat! Simple and beautifull. I would really like to see an entire street with these. Nice photo editing!

Those three buildings look very realistic.

The result was as I wanted, but if I had used a simply white plate anyd dark red brick, probably nobody would notice the difference. :grin:

Yes, but trying something different is half the fun. And I think it wouldn't have looked as good.

The windows of the Black & White building are indeed its weak point. That's the difficulty with 3-wide windows. (Boy I wish TLG would make 3-wide doors and windows!) You could try to use a transparent 1 x 4 x 3 Panel behind the wall/window.

You have nicely captured the buildings. The redish brown building has a lovely greenery on top and interesting hanging plants on the front window. The weak point is the windows of the black and white house. I don't like the effect of bricks and plates for the windows, but I know it's hard to make a window 3 wide. Anyway, despite this, the buildings look nice together.

The windows of the Black & White building are indeed its weak point. That's the difficulty with 3-wide windows. (Boy I wish TLG would make 3-wide doors and windows!) You could try to use a transparent 1 x 4 x 3 Panel behind the wall/window.

Yes, probably I'll try those panel.

This is a photo of two of these townhouse near one other of my modular houses and green grocer, taken last year at Play Modena event by my friend GianCarlo.

DSC_3666r.jpg

Congratulations Papercla withe these three fine looking houses. The dark red and white is my personal favourite, but the reddish brown one works very well too. The streetview kinda makes wonder about the rest. I love the pergola on top of the brouwn building. Nice touch there.