Hi,

I've just tried demonstrating my 8043 excavator to a friend and found that one of the m-motors has failed (it was the centre motor in the model that powered one of the tracks and also the two synced la's).

I pulled it out of the model and attached it straight to a power source and found it wouldn't go...

But playing around a bit I found that if I have an axel attached and spin it around fast with my fingers for a bit that then the motor will go when I switch it on, but when switched off and back on it doesn't work again (I have to spin the axel again some more).

So it appears the cable is fine and that it is something in the motor.

I'm just about to place a Lego order so will get a new m-motor... But I'm wondering if anyone else has had experience with this? should I be trying to get lego to replace the motor (it's a couple of years old now)? is it something I could perhaps fix myself? (bearing in mind that while I do have a soldering iron I don't use it very often at all :blush: )

Lego will replace it, and if at first you don't succeed, keep trying and your perserverance will pay off, it did with me :wink:

Thanks, I'll give that a try - and see what they say (if they don't want the broken one back I'm still interested to try and fix it of course :classic: )

You'll probably get new LA's as well if you're lucky.

Heh, that would be lucky - I actually had a faulty LA in the 8258 Crane Truck ; it had a sticking point, as I found it before the build I got lego to replace that one - they were pretty good about it

I still have the faulty one but can't see a way of fixing it without wrecking the housing, I even broke a Large Pulley trying to loosen it :wall: