sam_1417.jpg

Lord Brickington was back in Avalonia. First thing he did once he was there was visit an old elf friend of his. This friend was a noble elf of a very serious manner. However, he was cursed with long blond. He hated his blond hair, for all respectable elves had brown hair (or at least he thought). At this point, he was a lord of an Albion tower and Lord Brickington went to see him. This tower was in the inner sanctum thus giving a rather enjoyable view from the top.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Well hello again everybody! I made this tower before my finals week, but just now uploaded it. I won't be building again until Monday, so this is my build for the week. Sorry for the poor pictures, it was a rainy day and week for that matter. This is Tower 1 in the Inner Sanctum of Albion. Well here are the additional pictures:

sam_1418.jpgsam_1419.jpg

sam_1424.jpg

And my favorite:

sam_1423.jpg

~Brickington

In general, you've really improved, and the wall texture is nicely done as is the tudor style section inside. I do think you could put a bit more thought into your landscaping... and also, if this is just a portion of the wall, it might be better without the extra studs on either side.

In general, you've really improved, and the wall texture is nicely done as is the tudor style section inside. I do think you could put a bit more thought into your landscaping... and also, if this is just a portion of the wall, it might be better without the extra studs on either side.

Thanks for the advice! I didn't really know what to do about the landscaping actually. I thought the same thing , it looks bla. However, this is in the middle of the city, thus I didn't want to give it a rustic look with lots of trees, etc. :blush:

I have to echo Kai here. You have improved so much and this tower is looking really good! I like that you try different things in your mocs. Like the tudor part in this one!

But as Kai says, work more with the ground, add some plants, roads, pebbles, minifigs,etc. The tower is great but the landscape looks rather unfinished.

Edited by de Gothia

I have to echo Kai here. You have improved so much and this tower is looking really good! I like that you try different things in your mocs. Like the tudor part in this one!

But as Kai says, work more with the ground, add some plants, roads, pebbles, minifigs,etc. The tower is great but the landscape looks rather unfinished.

Thank you as well! I will probably be building a new tower in the near future and all of the feedback is great. The reason I do try different things is because I want to try it and improve. Again, Thanks! :classic:

Even it is just a part of a bigger thing, I like the base you made for it :tongue: maybe because it is so uncommon

But same remark as the rest, you could add a lot more atmosphere in this if you want !

About the build itself, it really looks amazing and a big difference with previous towers!!

The tower itself is very good, looks good and sturdy :thumbup: Nice incorporation of the tudor section on the back as well, though it seems to be at an odd height, halfway between the first and second floor :look:

I find the base a little distracting, as others have said having it go only to the edge of the tower/wall would probably be better in this case :classic:

Your really improving. just to give you an insight to how I typically build, I think of a rough overview (in this case it would be your tower) then I think of some little details: like maybe a guard resting by the wall, maybe some goat grazing, a couple kids playing, a couple market stalls, a path below the wall. Then I build and try to use the main feature as a background and let the little details be the real star. I find this helps especially if your limited on bricks. the hardest part is knowing when to stop adding details! sometimes two or three details are good and save some of other ideas for another build!

Thanks for the advice! I didn't really know what to do about the landscaping actually. I thought the same thing , it looks bla. However, this is in the middle of the city, thus I didn't want to give it a rustic look with lots of trees, etc. :blush:

Well, the outside at least could be grass/foliage (though I can understand if that's in short supply) and you could have some stones (round 1x1 grey & dk grey plates, for example), or at least a few peasants walking around inside, for example. But I'm sure there are other things you could come up with!

The wooden part is definitely the best in this build if you ask me! But I like how you have created some structure to avoid the "big grey wall syndrome", maybe try even more structure in the same color next time or mixing in some other earth colors?

Very nice scene! :thumbup: The castle is nice, just missing a bit of landscaping :sweet: