ljames28

Lego Inside Tour 2013 Set

trying to do my best on the stickers, but what is that round one:

lego_inside_tour_2013_4000008_instructions_6059259_page_9.jpg

It would also help if there were pictures from the original one (original real truck I mean).

I absolutely love this design. I was lucky enough to get my paws on the last Inside Tour set, the Piper jet, and I'm definitely going to have to try to find a way to get this one as well. It's gorgeous.

Like the truck, need to build it. A "must" have for my town.

One day I´m going on one of these tours, to bad I need stuff for my house and family.. :tongue:

This is a really nice set. I like the technique they used for the roof. The wheels seemed too small but after I saw the picture of the actual truck in the instructions it seems to be right. Too bad it's highly exclusive. Good thing there are instructions available.

Someone made a review of the molding machine set from last year, so someone else could do the same for this one.

That someone is our Sci-Fi Moderator SI-MOCs and you can find it here!
The topic has died I'm afraid.

It´s not dead, it´s just resting :grin: !

300px-DeadParrot.png

Bur seriosly, I´m sure we will see more after the tours actually have been done :thumbup: !

Tour dates 2013:

Tour no. 20: May 29th – 31st

Tour no. 21: June 12th – 14th

Tour no. 22: June 19th – 21st

I started building this set last night from spare pieces. I've finished most of the truck, just have to do the top of the cab and then work out how to do the roof of the body as I don't have those parts spare.

It is a good build, the way they attach the front of the truck is completely different to the normal truck builds.

Colour wise, I have a red cab as per original, but have used the yellow panels and door from 3221 Lego City Truck. I will post photos once I've finished.

This is going to look good in my city as it has a different shape to add some variety to my other sets and MOCs.

I really would like to see the door stickers and maybe the 60 or 80 km sticker at the back... I think all other stickers are quite doable :)

I also finished the truck, now the stickers :)

The topic has died I'm afraid.

Well than at least I'm afraid mister Thomsen did die, I just found his obituary:

23702248_large.png?1360081940

That town is about 150 km from Billund though, so maybe it it not THE mister Villy Thomsen. I also heard that Villy was a misspelling from Willy so you never know.

Has anyone else built this set? I built two, buying parts from BrickLink. What a fantastic vehicle! I love the construction methods for the front of the cab and the yellow roofs! The use of 6553: Catch is ingenious for the stop on the front trailer wheels. Since I don't have the stickers, I substituted Medium Stone Gray 3010: Brick 1x4, 3622: Brick 1x3, and 3005: Brick 1x1 for the Bright Yellow in the instructions on the bottom of the trailer. Even without the stickers, it still looks sharp and is a great addition to any LEGO city!

Cheers from Claremore, OK USA! :classic:

Dave

Who would have thought I would be able to reopen a 7 year old topic... :sweet:

Just came across a 1962 image of the introduction of LEGO wheels... that showed a display window.

And in that display there is (in front of the large ship)... a retailer display model of the Villy Thomsen Truck... using just old LEGO bricks and (new) LEGO white wheels.  (Note:  LEGO wheels were introduced in 1962 in white rubber, and in 1963 TLG switched to gray rubber, until 1968... when black LEGO wheels were introduced for the first time!)

Sadly we don't have a better image of that truck, but it has all the characteistics of the 4000008 Villy Thomsen Truck.  This means that glued dispay models of this truck may exist.  I have several European friends that collect and restore 1950s, 1960s and 1970s LEGO glued retailer display models.

49714428497_2326fcd5a5_c.jpg