This MOC was done by my wife (anabanana) for the contest. She asked me to public this on EB. She will be glad to read your comments.

Year 1967 United States under pressure after the Vietnam War. Young couple Judith and Ray travels everywhere on their painted minibus "Volkswagen» (T1 Sumba bus). They are making friends and discovering new cities. The world for them is limitless! Especially because they have their own ... blimp! They deliberately rejected the choice of their fellow students of the Purdue University in Indiana to work for military defense. Instead, they decided to build an airship and go by it, bringing peace to the world. And what should it be? Of course freight! After all, where they can go without their "Volkswagen"? It would be great to control the airship from the bus then the gondola is not necessary. Judith and Ray found many like-minded people, and together airship rose skyward.

This cargo airship can lift Judith, Ray and their minivan.

The balloon has 4 stabilizers and two propellers.

The platform is attached to the four beams that are connected in pairs holding tank with two black wide wire ropes.

And there's an interesting feature: the minivan on the flight becomes cockpit.

Ray made the controls of Volkswagen to be the controls of the airship by the radio waves.

1_720p.jpg

2_720p.jpg

3_720p.jpg

4_720p.jpg

5_720p.jpg

6_720p.jpg

7_720p.jpg

The long legs really work on the hippy figs like that! Loving the van too.

Thank you, mostlytechnic, glad that you have noticed that!

The legs and torsoes were taken from Toy Story series.

It gives a whole new meaning to being high! :tongue:

I like it a lot, thanks for sharing.

Joe

I love that camper van in those hippie colours! You can throw in some pink and lime green parts too. Add in the hippie from the CMF series!

Great moc!

Peace, brother :classic:

Very beautiful design. I like that you built all the round shapes of the balloon entirely of bricks. Though not smooth, it certainly gives it 1960's feeling when there were no curved bricks or panels around.

It gives a whole new meaning to being high! :tongue:

I like it a lot, thanks for sharing.

Joe

Thank you, Joe! This ambiguity is just charming!

I love that camper van in those hippie colours! You can throw in some pink and lime green parts too. Add in the hippie from the CMF series!

Great moc!

That would be great, streifen! I should bricklink for that!

Peace, brother :classic:

Very beautiful design. I like that you built all the round shapes of the balloon entirely of bricks. Though not smooth, it certainly gives it 1960's feeling when there were no curved bricks or panels around.

Peace to you, brother! :classic:

Cuuuuute! lol

I think the car should definitely be shorter to make the blimp look bigger, but it's well done anyway.

Or the blimp should definitely be bigger to make the car look shorter! :laugh: Thank you, Henchmen4Hire, for the comment!

Anabanana did a really nice work!

All this happiness & colorfulness! :blush:

I would like to congratulate anabanana with the 1st place on Zeppelin Battle mini-contest. Voted for her brilliant work. Van is great. The toy story bodies looks great with it.

Edited by tkf

Looks really nice and colorful. Especially like the Minivan type vehicle, it is so bright, reminds me of when I was young and people drove around in things that looked like that.

Elen, tkf thank you for the greetings!

Looks really nice and colorful. Especially like the Minivan type vehicle, it is so bright, reminds me of when I was young and people drove around in things that looked like that.

Nice to get a comment from a human witness of that epoch! Thank you, Hrw-Amen!