I just got the email from LEGO. I'm a bit disappointed as well, not a single great deal here in Germany. I can get all of these sets for the May the 4th discount at any given time at most stores. If the promo fig would be something a bit more interesting I might have considered buying something for the minimum ammount required to get the fig, but now I'll pass on the offers... :hmpf_bad:

Aussie discounts have been up for 12hrs here as it was starting early, its only 10% off some sets, SSD, R2-D2, nothing too inspiring, the death star also alonf with some normal system sets. I bought both the X-Wing and B-Wing even though there weren't any discounts. UCS sets rarely hit retail here and when they do most people buy a few and try to scalp them on Ebay.

Dutch discounts have been released as well:

10221 (Executor) for 369.99 (was 399.99)

10188 (Death Star) for 389.99 (was 419.99)

10255 (R2D2) for 159.99 (was 179.99)

9491 (Geonosion cannon) for 23.99 (was 27.99)

9492 (TIE Fighter) for 49.99 (was 54.99)

9494 (Anakin's Jedi Interceptor) for 39.49 (was 44.99)

9496 (Desert Skiff) for 26.99 (was 29.99)

9497 (Republic Striker class Starfighter) for 44.99 (was 49.99)

9498 (Saesee Jedi Starfighter) for 34.99 (was 39.99)

9499 (Gungan sub) for 62.49 (was 74.99)

9500 (Sith interceptor) for 89.99 (was 99.99)

9516 (Jabba's Palace) for 134.99 (was 149.99)

9525 (Pre Vizla fighter) for 53.99 (Was 59.99)

and a bunch of planet series for 8.49. No B-Wing discount.

All in all: :hmpf:

cv0PgQm.png

USA list

I am so so so so PISSED OFF that we don't get the B-wing in Europe. I can't tell you how sad I am to see Lego do this. Does anyone have an explanation ?

Edited by leoparder

My only guess is they shipped too many B-Wings to the U.S. and they haven't been selling so from a geographical perspective they need to offload them. Perhaps in Europe they didn't stock as many or they sold better there?

I've seen on other threads there is a (rumored) limit of 3 B-Wings per customer. If this is true, I think this sucks, the aftermarket guys are certainly going to buy 3 at $100 a piece if all this ends up being true.

How much does it cost to ship something like a B-Wing to Europe from the U.S., surely it is quite costly? (was just thinking if a European had a U.S. friend who could buy / mail).

I am so so so so PISSED OFF that we don't get the B-wing in Europe. I can't tell you how sad I am to see Lego do this. Does anyone have an explanation ?

... somebody has to "sponsor" the great deals the US is getting; ... otherwise TLG wouldn't achieve the great figures their books are showing the last couple of years..

Just live with it leoparder.. its not only during these special deals days.... it is happening whole year round.. with almost every single set..

While the B-Wing at 50% off is a nice deal I would have much rather had 10-20% off of sets like R2D2 and or the Super Star Destroyer. I can get better discounts on all of the other sites daily from Amazon.

I'm in the U.S. and just called my local LEGO store. She confirmed the 50% off the B-Wing! I asked her how many she had in stock and she said "more than I can count"! I'm thinking the U.S. is just a little flooded with these things right now and they need to off load them. I asked her how many per customer (it was my hope she would say 1 per customer) since I hate re-sellers, she did say 1 per customer (I hope this ends up being true). I hope this ends up being true.

Edited by Haderach

Just called my store, too, and while they would not confirm any discounts for tomorrow, they did confirm they have 100+ B-Wings in stock.

You lucky guys. In Poland we have B-Wing for 900zl, which gives 280$...

I can't help but wonder about buying the B-Wing for that price only to re-sell it later. If LEGO couldn't unload them at a higher price, why would a re-seller??

I can't imagine spending $100 on a set I don't care about since I could spend that $100 on something else (other themes included). Now only if Artoo was cheaper!

Happy for you guys in the US about the B-Wing! I'd suggest to get one even if it's not your favorite model. There won't be a 2nd chance to get it at that price. And about having it sent over, forget it. It costs 160$ more here, true, but the shipping will easily be 80$, and the tax and customs will eat up most of the rest. I'd say it's not worth it unless someone picks it up cause he's making the trip anyway.

I can't help but wonder about buying the B-Wing for that price only to re-sell it later. If LEGO couldn't unload them at a higher price, why would a re-seller??

I can't imagine spending $100 on a set I don't care about since I could spend that $100 on something else (other themes included). Now only if Artoo was cheaper!

What about buying it for $100 and then putting it on ebay for $80? It would allow some other peeps to get a great deal on a b-wing plus the bids will def rise past $100 so you cant lose. I was thinking of doing that not to profit but to spread the love. I want one for myself tho and i think its one per customer so im gonna have my girlfriend buy the second one and ill just pay her back lolol Just a thought

I was surprised by this B-wing deal, and ordered it in a separate order from the x-wing. I've wanted the B-wing, but have been putting it off. 50% off? How can I resist?

I just got the email from LEGO. I'm a bit disappointed as well, not a single great deal here in Germany. I can get all of these sets for the May the 4th discount at any given time at most stores. If the promo fig would be something a bit more interesting I might have considered buying something for the minimum ammount required to get the fig, but now I'll pass on the offers... :hmpf_bad:

i had hope there would be a discount on palpatines arrest =/

at least Anakin's Jedi Interceptor is on a 5€ discount - probably gonna get that one plus another small set to at least get the han solo promofig aswell.

I will decide between what else to get between Republic Striker Class Figther ( :thumbup: zero stickers), A-Wing/Saesse Tiin's Figther (both lots of stickers :thumbdown: ) and Bespin/Lobot + Republic vs Sith Trooper/ Clonetroopers vs Droidekas/Endor Battlepack(although i already have a Endorpack)

Just checked argos uk, they have the following:

25% off :9493 x wing

75013 Umbarran heavy cannon

75004 z95 headhunter

Millenium Falcon !

10% off : Rancor Pit

Arc Trooper/Commando Droid playset

1/3rd off : 75002 at rt

Desert Skiff

And a few pounds off various random battlepacks and small sets.

Theres nothing to say this is a May 4th promotion on the page though, so could be up for a while ?

I was able to order a B-Wing before it sold out. For those seeking options you obviously have the Lego Store or TRU (US) since they have price matched the TLG.

I ordered 2 B-wings within the first 10 minutes, but my order went into "customer service" status? Need to wait about 20 more minutes for customer service to open to find out what's going on.