Simon_S

Challenge VI: Viktor's End

There was a small village, near by the Clan of the Great Elk called Findolfia. Most people living in the north accumulated a fortune by rearing moose or deer; Even the monk Brother Steven crossed sucessful those two animals and created the "Doose". The special thing about this doose was, that it got much thicker than a normal moose. So this was the main and only business that happened in this small farmer village. It was a peaceful place, there wasn't a war for hundreds of centuries, because most rulers weren't interested in this cold region.

8592355260_ae9f46a333.jpg

The sun rose up, a new day began. Today was the 30th of April. Sven was tired. Althought that, he had to get up to feed his doose. First he made himself a big breakfast, then he cleaned the barn and fed the doose. He just went home and saw his neighbor Thorvald smooching with his wife. Thorvald was fed up with the boring life in the north, he prepared to leave with his family and to go somewhere else in the south, so he often went somewhere looking for a nice place to take up residence, just as today.

8591256135_bf5b7883dc.jpg

His son came back from school: "Daddy! I got a perfect score in my essay about zombies in medieval times. Now I can go to the Peritrea University!"

Suddenly some cruel creatures appeared. They were fully armored and they tried to kill his son. He run against them and tried to stop them. One soldier already stroke out, but Thorvald threw himself between the blade and the young boy who should have a long life.

8591251937_db29e18900.jpg

"Fly, you Fools!", were his last words. His son didn't really got what happened, but he knew that he now had to run for his life. Daddy laid there on the ground in a puddle of blood, but at least his son and wife managed to escape... at least he thought that.

8591257991_0c3285a58f.jpg

Those cruel creatures were nothing else but the Hand of corruption! By command of Victor they should plunder all villages around there and kill all children. But back to the villagers: All but Thorvald could escape and hide behind a house. What should they do next?

8591259663_a8581db572.jpg

Son: "Mum, Mum! Are you here? Have you seen them? They are some kind of zombies and they have weapons..."

He didn't got that his dad just spent his life for him, so he kept talking:

"You know, I just wrote an essay about zombies? I think I now have to adjust that they can use weapons to kill people. I alsways thought they just walk to them and bite them in the neck and then, the bitten ones also become zombies until there are no other people left than zombies..."

Leif: "Now I'm gonna kill these monsters! They killed my best friend, so I kill them! All of them!"

Sven: "No! If you leave now, they will know where we hide us and then we're all dead. They are more than 10 and we are just three farmers, a woman and a half men. There's no chance to win a fight against them! We have to work out a plan..."

Then something, which was even less expected than the attack, happened. Four travelers came there, who were known for killing bad guys (see The Legend Begins...).

8591260601_fd55ebb596.jpg

Meldun: "I had a vision that you're in need of our help, so we came here". Why are you hiding behind the house, we had to look for you longer than a half hour, althought there are only about 20 houses in this village?"

Sven: "We got attacked by some creatures, they killed a friend of us and now we make a plan on how to strike back."

Erik: "Who are they?" Do they serve the Jarl?" If yes, show me them and I kill every single one..."

Ragnar: "What's that now again with the Jarl? Didn't we already have this discussion and I proved you that the Jarl is a good man?"

Sven: "They definately aren't humans, so they also don't serve the Jarl... Will you still kill them all?"

Meldun: "What else do you know? Who is their leader? Where came them from?"

Sven: "That all went very fast, they somehow sneaked to our village and hit us fast and hard. They tried to kill Thorvalds son, but he spent his life for him, so that he could escape. We don't know anything about them."

Son: "Yeah, that's right! They were zombies! Have you ever seen zombies? Isn't that cool?"

Meldun: "Ok... first, we need some paper. Do you have something in your satchel to write?

Son: "One moment, let me see... I have a sand green undefinable book, but I can't read that language. It must be something they speak overseas...

...then playing cards...

...even more playing cards. You know, in school in often gets boring so we somehow have to entertain ourselfes.

Here's something. What do you want to write?"

Meldun: "You write, not I. The only thing I do is saying what you write:

Dear Jarl

The village Findolfia is attacked by some creatures who try to kill all children. Please send us all support troops to free this village.

Sincerely Meldun

Now put this seal on the letter.

8591262783_232d315d73.jpg

... Do you have any corbies here who can carry this letter to the Jarl?"

Mother: "Sadly, no. But we have a snow owl. I don't know if she can do that, but she's a pretty smart and strong one."

8592365862_8f68da1e03.jpg

Meldun: "It's worth a try."

In the meantime the hand was considering what to do next.

8592367390_dc7a0ea678.jpg

Leader: "Victor said, we should kill all children and take the adults as slaves, so lets do that. You three, look in this house, you three in the other and the rest stays with me."

8592368794_d7fba98203.jpg

Soldier: "Hhmmm, have you seen the apple pie there? I'm really hungry and have an enormous appetite."

Leader: "I heard that! Nobody touches the apple pie. It could be poisoned and we all would die." Thinks: When they sleep I eat the whole pie alone...

While they stood around there, the villagers and the four travelers started with a conter attack.

8592371396_17538d48d8.jpg

For Thorvald!

It was a fast attack and a short fight...

8592373684_01d03f18d3.jpg

Ragnar: "2"

Erik: "That's good. That's very good. Especially considering that you once served the Jarl, I really didn't expect that... nearly as good as a real warrior but it's still not enough good to beat a berserk. I have 3."

Ragnar: "One day I'll be faster with my swort than you with your axe and then I'll beat you! But for now, let's ask the remaining one, maybe he knows something useful..."

8591272881_dea88f1873.jpg

Ragnar: "So you have a small chance to survive... just answer my questions honestly! So, who is your leader?"

Soldier of the hand: "Kill me, like all others. I won't tell you anything!"

Ragnar: "Seems like there's only one way..."

He cuts very slightly in the Soldiers right leg.

Soldier: "Ok! Ok! I'll tell you everything, but please don't hurt me! Our leader is Victor, his aim is to reign over the whole land, starting with Mitgardia. His capital city will be Valholl, from where he will claim every piece of land. You have no chance to stop him, he's a sorcerer!"

Meldun: "So am I!"

Soldier: "But you have no idea how to use dark magic, but Victor knows."

Ragnar: "Where is he at the moment?"

Soldier: "I will tell you, but there won't be a use... you die before! He's located in Cedrica, somewhere in the south..."

Ragnar: "Funny guy! Of course it's in the south, because we're near the northern coast of Historica... What else do you know? Give me a reason to not kill you!"

Soldier: "I don't know anything else!"

Ragnar: "So thank you for these informations. If you can't tell us something else, maybe a little bit more interesting than Victor is somewhere in the south, we don't need you anymore... you have to know, I'm also a human. I won't kill someone after he helped me, but you have to be an exeptional case..."

Then Meldun hears a low noise of clanging swords and armors...

8592351512_289fcb43ce.jpg

Mitgardian Leader: "What? Are we already too late for the battle?"

Mitgardian Soldier: "It's always the same with you! Just because you don't know how to read a map."

Leader: "So let's turn and go straight way back home!"

Ragnar: "Not that fast, please. We heard about Viktor, an ennemy of us who stays in Cedrica at the moment. Can you tell me more about it?"

Leader: "Viktor! People rumor that he's the one who killed the Jarl."

Erik: "The Jarl is dead?"

Ragnar: "That can't be... why didn't I get informed? So let's go and kill this bastard! Ahmm, could I please get your map, then we might be a little bit faster."

Leader: "Here is it, but I can't find Cedrica. Where is this exactly?"

Ragnar: "In the south."

Leader: "That's all we know?"

Ragnar: "Yes, this poor soldier sadly didn't know more so I killed him."

Meldun: "I know a way how to find Cedrica, get there fast and pass the high walls... with these few men we won't be able to get in Cedrica and kill Viktor. But with the help of a dragon...

(2 days later)

8668423472_0e27dfa5a4.jpg

8668417538_d784f161fd.jpg

8667320683_0f9bcc51b0.jpg

Ragnar: "YEEHAW!"

Elsa: "Pay attention that you don't fall down, ok?"

Ragnar: "You own me ten marks... I knew that it would be easy for Meldun to tame this dragon."

Elsa: "Yeah, it seems like I underestimated my father a little bit..."

Erik (shouts from the ground): "Get in there and don't talk that much!"

After Ragnar and Elsa got on the wall...

Elsa: "Look, here's a chain, next to the barrel. We can use it to get Erik and Meldun in the City... It looks like Erik isn't able to break the gate... so you have to give me my ten marks back."

Ragnar: "Ok, let's pull them up!"

8668417208_ed9c1eb2ff.jpg

Erik: "Oh man, that took ages until you got us up here."

Meldun: "It's ok, we're still in time. But next time please hurry a little bit more and Elsa, stop flirting with Ragnar while we're attacking a city."

Elsa: "Stop saying me what I have to do, father! So get down on the other side of the wall."

8667321449_f074528150.jpg

Erik: "These are mine! Die!!!"

Meldun: "If you would kill with a little bit less enthusiasm that would be very kind."

Erik: "What the heck is going on with you? Did you got up on the wrong side of the bed?"

Meldun: "I'm just not too happy... but I can't explain why. It was to easy to get in the city, this might be a trap."

Elsa: "Come over here, I think I found something!"

Ragnar: "What? This is a usual fountain... what's wrong with it?"

Elsa: "It looks suspicious similar if not exactly the same to the one we saw in Findolfia. Do you remeber it? There's only one way to find out!"

Meldun: "So what now?"

Ragnar: "Metamorph us in a duck, then we dive in the fountain and after a minute you turn us back."

Elsa: "I go first!"

Meldun: "I'll have to stay here. So you have to kill Viktor by yourself."

Erik: "But why don't you come with us?"

Meldun: "If I turn myself in a duck, how should I turn myself then back, without being able to hold my staff?"

Elsa: "So let's start."

8683695714_bcba4e3096.jpg (not scored build)

When they came back to Meldun, Elsa told him:

"Under the fountain, there was a hidden cave with a camp in it. There was some magic stuff laying around, so we can be sure that it was one of Viktor's. But he or none of his men weren't there anymore... maybe he could forecast it."

Ragnar: "I think the wisest thing would be to head back to Findolfia and get there in the fountain. Also, this all explains how he could do such a fast strike without we haven't seen him before."

Erik: "Finally, I already missed all the mountains and the snow. I even missed the trolls!"

After a long march back to there where they came from... Findolfia

Ragnar: "Yep. This fountain looks exactly the same."

Elsa: "I go first!"

Ragnar: "Wait Elsa! I don't want that something happens to you, Viktor is a sorcerer, not a simple troll."

Elsa: "Forget it, I go first."

8692773474_f9a52d14c1.jpg

Elsa whispers: "Viktor's here!"

Ragnar: "So we're both in, but I want to wait for Erik."

8692773872_8cc18c98fa.jpg

8692774176_857b09d41d.jpg

Guard: "Ehm, Viktor... What are ducks doing in here? Isn't it way to cold in Mitgardia for ducks?"

Viktor: "Ducks?"

Guard: "Yes there are ducks, mylord."

Viktor: "Kill them."

*Plop* *Plop*

The guard fell to the ground... with an arrow in his belly.

8692774740_37848b7199.jpg

Ragnar: "Viktor, you're arrested!"

Viktor: "You fools won't be able to catch me!"

*Plop*

Erik, whispers to Elsa: "This guy looks like the Jarl. Are you sure that this is Viktor, because for me this looks more like the Jarl. Everything is just as I remember, the white beard, the black suit and I even remember that he always held his stuff. The only thing that unsettles me is this weird hat with the feather in it. I've never seen the Jarl wearing such one before."

Elsa: "Yes, that's definitely the Jarl."

Erik: "I kill this bastard."

He starts running...

8691656001_f596cb43a0.jpg

The End

Edited by Buurli_Burri

Bravo! Bravo! Great story and the builds were great! I absolutely love the way you did the columns for the last build! Ingenious! :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is great. I love all of the first build sequence, the landscaping on the second is lovely too. The rockwork and columns on the interior are notable too. I bet this is the only build where the heroes metamorphose into ducks!

:classic:

Bravo Buurli! The builds are all spectacular, the wood and stonework on the houses is incredible and I :wub: the texture on the wall.

Great work on the dragon as well. Excellent interior too, the mosaic in the wall, the pillars, and floor pattern are all superb :thumbup:

The story sets the builds off very well, love the humorous touches :laugh:

I love all the little details! :thumbup:

Lovely builds and story! My favourite part is the infiltration through the well, cool idea and cute ducks! :wub:

I also just noticed that you used different white beard pieces to build dripping candles, that idea is truly brillant! :thumbup:

Bravo! Bravo! Great story and the builds were great! I absolutely love the way you did the columns for the last build! Ingenious! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks a lot for these very kind words :blush:.

This is great. I love all of the first build sequence, the landscaping on the second is lovely too. The rockwork and columns on the interior are notable too. I bet this is the only build where the heroes metamorphose into ducks!

Haha Thanks! The interior was pretty rushed, I started it yesterday evening and finished it this afternoon, took pictures of it, wrote the story and uploaded the whole stuff :wink:.

Bravo Buurli! The builds are all spectacular, the wood and stonework on the houses is incredible and I :wub: the texture on the wall.

Great work on the dragon as well. Excellent interior too, the mosaic in the wall, the pillars, and floor pattern are all superb :thumbup:

The story sets the builds off very well, love the humorous touches :laugh:

Thanks mate! It's great to see someone who loves the humorous stuff, because I wasn't really sure about it when I wrote the whole story... :classic:

I really like your building style. All your scene's are great. I like your figures too. Great blood effect with the dragon wings. Awesome job. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks bb! You really like my figures? I never spend a lot of time for these, but this makes this praise even cooler! Thanks a lot :classic:!

I love all the little details! :thumbup:

Thank you Cara :classic:.

Lovely builds and story! My favourite part is the infiltration through the well, cool idea and cute ducks! :wub:

I also just noticed that you used different white beard pieces to build dripping candles, that idea is truly brillant! :thumbup:

Thank you. The infiltration through the well was actually very spontanious and not planned at all, but then this idea bumped into my head and I couldn't resist adding it, althought this meaned much more time pressure for my entry :grin:.

This is a wonderful entry! You have really detailed everything very well. So much many parts of these builds that I could comment on. I like the rotated pillars I had done that with gold bricks before but it looks excellent with blue gray as well as the 1x1 plates. Cool story as well! :thumbup:

Great entry! The woodwork in the village is really nice, and I think the mottling on the wall in the second build is one of the better I've seen :classic:

Fun idea with the ducks btw.

I love ducks!!! So really great story!!!

And it's really hard to tell what one of the MOC's is the best :classic:

Awesome well-Moc and the flying dragon is superbe!

You already know that I love your style! Very unique and good looking! The first scene is my favourite! So many details and soloutions to look at!

The pillars in the last scene are just beautiful! Own design? I will so use that in upcoming mocs!

This is a wonderful entry! You have really detailed everything very well. So much many parts of these builds that I could comment on. I like the rotated pillars I had done that with gold bricks before but it looks excellent with blue gray as well as the 1x1 plates. Cool story as well! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot MK!

Great entry! The woodwork in the village is really nice, and I think the mottling on the wall in the second build is one of the better I've seen :classic: Fun idea with the ducks btw.

Thank you Gideon!

I love ducks!!! So really great story!!! And it's really hard to tell what one of the MOC's is the best :classic: Awesome well-Moc and the flying dragon is superbe!

Thanks Damaximus. Also the dragon is the part for which I worked (proportionally) the longest... ;)

You already know that I love your style! Very unique and good looking! The first scene is my favourite! So many details and soloutions to look at! The pillars in the last scene are just beautiful! Own design? I will so use that in upcoming mocs!

Thanks mate =). The first is also my favourite, after it I didn't even have one white plate left ;). The technic for the pillars is not mine, but I haven't seen it used for colums before... Also, Masa of Kaliphlin just stated above that he already did something like this, so I'm not the first who does it ;).

How did you get the angle for the building in the first shot? Is the doose a custom part? It's a really fun idea. I forgot to say, the use of dark and red brown is fantastic, and the woodpile is such a lovely detail.

Duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, goose! I like the candles and the spirally pillars. Very nice.

BB, some very nice Mitgardian architecture. It fits really well with what I've build for the guild I think. I also like all the other things. Well done!

I was going to say that you should win for those pillars alone, heck I am still going to say it. Great job here. These are fantastic builds. Some of my other favorite aspects - the firewood, the mysteriously hanging dragon, The pen that the people were kept in! All of these are great, such a good entry.

On a wider note, I pity the judges, builds like this and Z's are going to make it hard to determine who wins.

How did you get the angle for the building in the first shot? Is the doose a custom part? It's a really fun idea. I forgot to say, the use of dark and red brown is fantastic, and the woodpile is such a lovely detail. :classic:

The building is just done with a jumper and a 1x1 stud and some tiles to cover the gaps. The head and the antlers of the doose are custom parts, they're from Brickwarriors.com.

Duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, goose! I like the candles and the spirally pillars. Very nice.

Thanks man!

BB, some very nice Mitgardian architecture. It fits really well with what I've build for the guild I think. I also like all the other things. Well done!

Thanks mate =)

I was going to say that you should win for those pillars alone, heck I am still going to say it. Great job here. These are fantastic builds. Some of my other favorite aspects - the firewood, the mysteriously hanging dragon, The pen that the people were kept in! All of these are great, such a good entry. On a wider note, I pity the judges, builds like this and Z's are going to make it hard to determine who wins.

Wow. Thanks a lot for these very kind words!

Your build style is so recognizable and fun to look at every time you post! Another gem!

Nice work Buurli, as usual outstanding photography that makes your builds pop! I really love the houses and the stonework on the wall is one of the best I've ever seen. And also nice touch showing the tunnel beneath the fountain.

great entry! your photography is ace

Wow! The first and last builds are great! So many little details! I love how they get turned into ducks! :laugh:

Your build style is so recognizable and fun to look at every time you post! Another gem!

Thanks a lot for these very kind words Kayne!

Nice work Buurli, as usual outstanding photography that makes your builds pop! I really love the houses and the stonework on the wall is one of the best I've ever seen. And also nice touch showing the tunnel beneath the fountain.

Thanks mate. I actually never thought that the photography could become my strong point (since on Flickr most people have a better one), but thank you for this praise. Also, I'm glad that you like the tunnel, because of which I was very rushed in the end ;).

great entry! your photography is ace

Thanks mate!

Wow! The first and last builds are great! So many little details! I love how they get turned into ducks! :laugh:

Thank you Infernum.

Nice work Buurli, as usual outstanding photography that makes your builds pop!

I second this. Even with all the white it is still all easy to make out. Great job with the photos.

I second this. Even with all the white it is still all easy to make out. Great job with the photos.

Thanks a lot ZC =)!