Izzy

LEGO in Film & TV: Index of Appearances

I recently saw in an episode of Home Improvement, (my favorite show) Tim built the first "Bait and Tackle Shop with a built in Women's Department" out of Legos! :laugh:

Extreme Home makeover; granted a real life TV Show has had a LEGO room for a child and recently had some LEGO's in a little boys room he said LEGO like 3 or 4 times excitedly.

The post above reminded me of something else: There was a German parody/tibute of the MTV show "Pimp My Ride" called "Pimp my Fahrrad" (Pimp My Bike), and in one of the first episodes, they Pimped out the bicycle of a German AFOL! :sweet: In the end, the whole chasis was covered in bricks! :wub: It was awesome!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Extreme Home makeover; granted a real life TV Show has had a LEGO room for a child and recently had some LEGO's in a little boys room he said LEGO like 3 or 4 times excitedly.

Yes!... I remember this episode. It was accidental, I was channel surfing and came across this show. That was really cool of the producers of the show to decorate that boy's room with Lego.

Which reminds me, there was also an episode from [b]Flip That House[/b] wherein an AFFOL was asked to disregard her MOCs of Lego. You could see the tortured expression in the AFFOL's face as her MOCs were brought out of the house and placed in the driveway as the interior of the house was emptied with Lego creations. The show host was even surprised how could someone 'decorate' her house with Lego.

and an episode of "war at home" , the dad tries to connect with his son (TRIES) and says "you still play with LEGO?"

after that he says "That's OK, LEGOs are cool..." and they played with knights and castles...

Hmm... This really shows us how addicted we are :grin:

TT

The funny thing about that was they were playing with Duplo. :laugh:

In the movie "Big" with Tom Hanks, he is in FAO Schwartz havign a gun battle with a kid and hes creeping around a showcase, and in it very visibly are a few sets of lego. they were either fire or space, but i remember them being red

Wow, it's amazing how many movies have Lego featured in them. I never would have guessed! :laugh:

I don't know about movies, but I do know of a book that has Lego mentioned in it, and that is the first book in "The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" by Stephen Donaldson. Near the beginning the mentally challenged son of one of the main characters builds a huge model of one of the main landmarks in the fantasy world that most of the book is set in.

In "The Sooty Show", it looks like there are some Lego sets scattered around Sooty's, Sweep's and Soo's bedroom.

In the "The Brittas Empire" episode "Mr. Brittas Changes Trains", when Gordon brittas is hypnotised, he goes down to reception and find's receptionist Cartole's son ben and a friend playing with a Duplo train on a small oval. Carole think's she's in trouble for letting the kid's play with the trains outside. Brittas asks for vatious different thick rule books, but then makes a tunnel with three of the books over the track and a platform with the other. Brittas then asks for more track and later in the episode, he has made a large and elaborate Duplo train track layout with a few trains.

in this episode of NCIS McGee uses a LEGO model of a warehouse to show how the bad guys could sneak out with the radar system whitout being caught on the cameras.

Edit: It's not quite the whole model thats built out of lego it's just a forklift with driver. Here's that scene on youtube (it's at the end of the clip). Also Gibbs can be seen playing with the LEGO-forklift in this clip.

Edited by Mirandir

In a recent episode of The Sarah Conner Chronicles, John's girlfriend built a robot out of Lego in John's little kid room, which he had to sleep in. :classic:

Some time ago I saw this Christmas film where a kid got Onua Mata from 2001.

Was my first Bionicle set too ^^.

In the german TV show Switch Reloaded, which spoofs german TV, was one sketch about a LEGO commercial. Two childs played with LEGO, smashed the model and bashed themselves. Then the mother gave them EGO (huge 2x4 bricks). At the end was also a commercial about EGO Shooter (the huge bricks were used as missle).

You can see the spot on Youtube.

In the Robin Williams movie, "Jack", the LEGO building sets, 6175 Crystal Explorer Sub, and 6339 Shuttle Launch Pad can be seen for a brief period of time.

The Even Stevens tv show and the second Spy Kids movie both had Bionicle in the background. And let us not forget that the brick artist Nathan Sawaya was a guest on the Colbert Report and created a life size model of Stephen Colbert! I taped that episode :sweet:!

I don't know if this has been mentioned but the Indian in the cupboard I think had a Bionicle (Original Lewa) in.

Edited by Skipper 24

In the sixth episode of the second season of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, a little girl can be seen playing with Lego twice, and in response, her "mother" creates a large tower MOC for her.

The Even Stevens tv show and the second Spy Kids movie both had Bionicle in the background. And let us not forget that the brick artist Nathan Sawaya was a guest on the Colbert Report and created a life size model of Stephen Colbert! I taped that episode :sweet:!

Cool! :sweet: Could you put it on YouTube?

Cool! :sweet: Could you put it on YouTube?

Sadly I live in the past and have the episode recorded on vhs. However, you can find the segment here: Click Me!

There you go :classic:!

:oh: YES!!! :sweet: How could I forget that! That was one of the greatest moments in the history of family guy when Peter explains to Lois explicitly that LEGO is not the same thing as Megablocks! :cry_happy::laugh:

Link maybe :sweet:

In the movie "Big" with Tom Hanks, he is in FAO Schwartz havign a gun battle with a kid and hes creeping around a showcase, and in it very visibly are a few sets of lego. they were either fire or space, but i remember them being red

I was going to say BIG, saw it the other day on some random Satellite channel, it was a big city display with the firestation, police station etc. Great movie. :thumbup:

In Agenda, a news debate on Swedish public television (SVT), took up the economic crisis in the world and in a clip about houseloans the loans are ilustrated using houses built in LEGO.

If anyone is intrested the show can be seen online here:

http://svt.se/svt/play/video.jsp?a=1283283 (The clip with LEGO are at about 25:30)

Link maybe :sweet:

Funny you should ask! I just recorded that episode last night! I'll put it on my YouTube soon!

Btw, do you guys know those Disney Channel logos that they show in between their programs? Usually, it's one or more stars from Disney Channel shows who say something like "Hi! I'm/We're [insert name(s)] from (insert name of Disney Channel show) and you're watching Disney Channel!" and then they draw the Disney Channel logo onto the screen with a big glow stick. But sometimes it's just some random animation that ends up showing the Disney Channel logo in some creative way. One of these, which they show recently, features cows made out of lego getting beamed up by a lego UFO. It's done using stop motion, and in the last scene, they show the UFO from a top view so that it becomes the "head" of the Disney Channel logo. It's pretty cool.

I'm afraid I can't upload the Family Guy clip. :sad: Stupid FOX blocks it every time I do! :hmpf_bad: Sorry, I tried. :sceptic:

In "Butters' Very Own Episode" on South Park, Butters can be seen playing with Lego. :classic:

You can watch that episode here.

Oh, and there is also another Disney Channel logo clip utilizing Lego and stop-motion where a little city builds itself.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

In the Simpsons episode when Homer becomes a tow trucker, the end of the intro (when the family rushes to the couch) shows the family being built out of Lego. :thumbup: