Izzy

LEGO in Film & TV: Index of Appearances

http://artifexcreation.com/tumbler ? The official set seems closer (and more logical to be found in a movie)

That link has pictures of the official set, and it's got a LOT of differences to the one in the movie stills. The custom one definitely seems a lot closer. The one in those stills has SNOT sides and other things that don't appear on the official model. It's strange, but it's definitely not LEGO's version.

Indeed on some points it does not match. However the tires seem to be those from the official set.

In the new NatGeo show Duck Quacks Don't Echo, a show about random, bizarre yet, interesting facts, LEGO was mentioned. For the fact that cursing helps tolerate pain threshold, an example given was "maybe you've stepped on your child's LEGOs" :classic:

I saw this on the BBC. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-26453576 Seems a shame really but I guess they have to play on the safe side of things.

Pitty to shut the whole park though for the weekend which is afterall when most people would plan to go there I would have thought. But I guess that is what the people posting these comments on facebook and making the threats want. Either way they have won it seems. Shame on them I say!

Another spot on Big Bang Theory. Sheldon was building something, couldn't make it out though.

Another spot on Big Bang Theory. Sheldon was building something, couldn't make it out though.

Looked a lot like 6386 - Police Command Base from 1986: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6386_Police_Command_Base

Which was a real nice touch, since that scene was set in his childhood home which would have his old toys. The older Sheldon is more into building his Lego Death Star :D

The older Sheldon is more into building his Lego Death Star :D

Still?

Here's an old one, it's an excerpt from 90s sketch comedy Full Frontal, with Shaun Micallef as Nobby Doldrums as Mr Memory, vs Kim Gyngell as Kerry O'Brien of the 7:30 Report. Mr Memory recalls his childhood...

Another LEGO spotted in Time Bandits:

time_bandits_LEGO_zpsd88531bb.jpg

Leaning against the wall on the shelf next to the wall as the group was trying to escape Kevin's bedroom early in the movie. The box set is #50 but I am guessing it is empty and all the pieces are on the floor.

Hello

In the new long-form video by Lady Gaga, "G.U.Y. - An ARTPOP Film", released a couple of days ago, there is an appearance of the artwork "Yellow" by Nathan Sawaya (the statue of a man pulling his chest apart and letting yellow Lego bricks tumble out). The model has Lady Gaga's head superimposed on it.

This is the video:

If you don't want to watch the whole thing there is one appearance at 5:32 and another a few seconds later. Also, straight after the second appearance, in the next shot, Gaga is holding an apple apparently made from Lego.

The video is full of pop-culture references. There is also a shot with what looks like Minecraft.

EvilTwin

p.s. if you are not familiar with "Yellow", this is it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/howaboutthat/6487140/Lego-art-sculptures-by-Nathan-Sawaya.html?image=12

Edited by EvilTwin

A somewhat(I think) LEGO spotting. Was watching an old episode of Big Bang Theory, go figure, it was the episode of Leonard telling the story of how he became Sheldon's roommate to Penny. The apartments flag was, I believe, the old Lion Knights insignia.it may just be a coincidence seeing as its just a posed lion, but it looked just like it.

Four of the larger classic Space sets caught the Toy Hunter, Jordan last name,'s eye on tonights episode.

Could only make out

6950 Mobile Rocket Transport

6970 Beta I Command Base

928 Space Cruiser And Moonbase

& possibly

493 Command Center

for $150; hoping for $3-400 on resale. I'm not really sure what these go for :classic:

Edited by LEGO Guy Bri

The latest episode of "The Crazy Ones" a sculpture of a rocking horse with an overgrown minifigure atop it was spotted.

In the movie Tower Heist, you can see the main cast planning their infiltration using a "blueprint of the tower made of Lego bricks".

In the movie The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, during his childhood when the music Top of the World starts, look closely and you'll see a classic Lego 404 set.

In the UK, this weeks episode of NCIS had some LEGO in it. One of the women characters got a brick stuck in the tread on her boots and then more little bits stuck in a keyboard preventing it from working properly until it was upturned and they fell out.

I saw Godzilla today, and there was an anachronistic Snowspeeder in Ford's room, at the beginning of the movie (the scene was set in 1999, but the Snowspeeder's wings were white, so I guess they used the 2010 or 2013 edition).

In the TV show Only Fools and Horses, the character Del Boy refers to their government issued flat as a 'council built Lego set' no actual Lego appears on screen, but it's a funny line!

Last nights episode of Jeopardy! Had a question about the chemical compound or a plastic... I can't remember how it was phrased, but the answer was Lego. Haha, I answered it correctly, as did the contestant on the show, it was the first level in the category.

LEGO made another skit on the last weeks new Robot Chicken episode, "Panthropology". It was a spoof of World War Z "B (for Blocks)", where clone brands were attacking LEGO citizens. One of the funnier skits using LEGO IMO :classic: