Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest #67: Nova Tertia

The party shoves the tricky little creature into the cage. They lock the front shot! Haldor heals Alan.

alan.png

"Nice work mates! Tarn, thanks. It would be nice if you join us sometime, I think you'll like the job."

bors.png

"Okay, enough small talk. This is very serious. We're going to capture an Allanoid. You know what they are? They're the size of buildings, and they are tough. Their teeth and claws will tear you to shreds. We clear?"

Party:

copy_of_pict0550.jpgHaldor Skovgaard (Played by Scorpiox) *Party Leader*

33 year old male human Nord. Level 26 2/3 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Power: 43 (Level 26, +15 WP, +2 from Pugilist's Gloves)

Defence: 7 (Base 0 +2 from Ethereal Cloak, +5 from Heavy Armour)

Health: 44/44 (Base 9, +24 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 33/35 (Base 5, +24 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Gold: 54

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom, Smelling Salts, Phoenix Essence

benji_carvenhall_assassin_mark_ii.png Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer (Flare)

28 years old male half-elven Assassin

Level 30 .5 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element* *Hastened* *Lucky*

Power: 48 (30+15+3)

Defense: 3

Health: 41/41

Gold: 973

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:15; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors), Quiver of Poisoning (permanent Poisoned effect; backwear), [borrowed from Flare]

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (2), Smelling Salts (4), Mead (3), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb 2x, Water Bomb

8686823074_56e2890363_t.jpg

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

22 year old human male Raider

Level 23
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Defense
: 6

Health
: 39/39
(7+22+7+3)

Gold
: 76

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
(WP: 13,
darkness
-elemental,
stun
-effect; greatsword), Darksteel Armor (SP:6, Max. Health +3, Immunity to
Weakened
; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear)
Counterstrike Gloves
(handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level)[borrowed from Flare]

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
(WP: 10;
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade;
Has Phoenix Essence!
axe), Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind
-elemental instrument), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6, spear),
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 3 x Nostrum, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear), Venom

Heroica01.jpg

Jeaux Elmfyre (joeshmoe554)

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 11

Power:
(Level 11 + WP: 12 + Artifact boost: 1)

Defense:
0 (-2)

Health: 16/16

Gold:

Equipment:
Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle)[borrowed from Flare]
,Ranger's Quiver (WP+1; backwear),

Inventory:
Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Venom 2x, Potion x2, Holy Bomb, Ice Bomb,Topaz
Eminus (WP: 5; bow), Bone, Water Bomb

8518902849_2f7f14fd9d_t.jpg

Heckz Brutenhal, Ghost Buster (Eric-Su)

32 year old male Mage.

Level: 10

Power: 22

Health: 14/14

Ether: 5/14 (+1 from green apple)

Gold: 0

Equipment:Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12,
Water
Elemental),

Inventory: Opal (
Ice
), Bedroll, Tonic, Amethyst (
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Cheap Wand (WP 3), Topaz (
Lightning
)[borrowed from Flare], Potion, Smelling Salts, Garnet (
Earth
)

alan.png

-"Careful mates..."

Alan, (played by Scorpiox)

35 year old Rogue

Level: 11

Power: 18

Health: 17/17

Equipment: Whip (WP:7)

Inventory: Potion, Remedy

Gold: 71

bors.png

-"Stay behind me."

Bors (played by Rumble Strike)

29 year old Ranger

Level: 5

Power: 11

Health: 10/10

Equipment: Flexible Bow (WP: 6),

Inventory: Fire Bomb

Tarn grinned at Alan. "Maybe I will sometime, you guys are a lot of fun." His grin froze when Bors outlined the Allenoid threat. "The size of buildings? They sound like they will be difficult to cage even if we subdue one."

"Size of buildings, eh? Are we talking coalsheds... or castles?"

alan.png

"Haha, not castles mate. But large enough to be scared frozen. An average human only stands up to its claw."

Then, in response to Tarn's doubt, Alan holds up a long rope. "We can't cage it yet, but we can knock it out and newtralize it."

"Don't sound too bad. Here's to hoping your idea of an average human is Thormanil..."

Haldor begins on yet another bottle of ale that he had procured from somewhere.

"Oh, easy, just the size of my childhood pet." Heckz lifted the pants from his left leg to reveal a large claw scratch on his leg.

Benji nervously gulps but pretends not to show the anxiety. He drinks a mead and exclaims, "I've slayed a dragon, I'm sure an allanoid is no worse! My trusty crossbow is still working. Lets go."

Tarn could hardly wait. "Aye, let us head for the Cove. I am anxious to see these magnificent creatures."

He considers taking some consumables before their next encounter, but notices Benji already has and decides to wait, for now.

alan.png

"Haldor, you're party leader. You ready to go? Anyone else need consumables to take? If so, let's go. It's getting dark soon."

Party:

33 year old male human Nord. Level 26 2/3 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Ether: 33/35 (Base 5, +24 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom, Smelling Salts, Phoenix Essence

benji_carvenhall_assassin_mark_ii.png Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer (Flare)

Level 30 .5 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element* *Hastened* *Lucky* *Encouraged*

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:15; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors), Quiver of Poisoning (permanent Poisoned effect; backwear), [borrowed from Flare]

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (2), Smelling Salts (4), Mead (2), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb 2x, Water Bomb

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

Level 23
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Defense

Health
(7+22+7+3)

Gold

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
darkness
-elemental,
stun
Weakened
; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear)
Counterstrike Gloves
(handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level)[borrowed from Flare]

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
water
ice
- and
lightning
Has Phoenix Essence!
wind
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 3 x Nostrum, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear), Venom

Heroica01.jpg

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 11

Power:

Defense:
0 (-2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle)[borrowed from Flare]

Inventory:

32 year old male Mage.

Water
Elemental),

Ice
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Lightning
Earth
)

alan.png

-"Careful mates..."

35 year old Rogue

bors.png

-"Stay behind me."

29 year old Ranger

"I believe that I said before I was happy to go when everyone else was, but since that didn't sink in; I'll reiterate it; I'm ready to head off when the rest of you lot are alright."

"I think that we have nothing else to wait on. Everyone has already confirmed that they're ready to move on. So lets go!"

"I believe that I said before I was happy to go when everyone else was, but since that didn't sink in; I'll reiterate it; I'm ready to head off when the rest of you lot are alright."

QM Note: Just making sure so there is no mistake like last time. :classic:

The party hikes to the North end of the island/compound. Then suddenly, they hear a ROOAARRR!!!! PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

img_3642.jpg

Enemies:

allanoid.png

Allanoid, Level 26 beast

Health: 1456/1456

Specials: Left Apex Predator- The allanoid is the largest predator, and snatches the target with its left hand, making them unable to attack until they are freed. (Left claw defeated)

Right Apex Predator- The allanoid is the largest predator, and snatches the target with its right hand, making them unable to attack until they are freed. (Rightt claw defeated)

Drops: Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian oriented classes, and Beast Warriors)

claws.png

Left Claw. Level 14 Beast

Health: 654/654

Specials: Slash- the target loses 18 health.

Drops: Claw Blade Knife (WP: 9)

claws.png

Right Claw. Level 14 Beast

Drops: Bone, Remedy

leg.png

Left Leg, Level 10 beast

Health: 888/888

Specials: Power Rush- the thigh is the most powerful muscle, and it makes the Allanoid Hastened for 3 turns.

Drops: Tonic, Grand Potion, Smelling Salts

leg.png

Right Leg, Level 10 beast

Health: 888/888

Specials: Power Rush- the thigh is the most powerful muscle, and it makes the Allanoid Hastened for 3 turns.

Drops: Bone, Potion, Mead

Note: Allanoid cannot be defeated until all the limbs are.

Party:

Level 30 .5 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element* *Hastened* *Lucky* *Encouraged*

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (2), Smelling Salts (4), Mead (2), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb 2x, Water Bomb

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

Level 23
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Defense

Health
(7+22+7+3)

Gold

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
darkness
-elemental,
stun
Weakened
Counterstrike Gloves

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
water
ice
- and
lightning
Has Phoenix Essence!
wind

Heroica01.jpg

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 11

Power:

Defense:
0 (-2)

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:

32 year old male Mage.

Water
Elemental),

Ice
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Lightning
Earth
)

alan.png

-"Careful mates..."

35 year old Rogue

bors.png

-"Stay behind me."

29 year old Ranger

"What a powerful beast. And look at that scaly skin :drool:"

"I suggest that only I attack the beast itself, as I am feeling quite lucky and powerful after drinking all those beverages. (:grin:)"

Benji attacks the Allanoid from the back row with his crossbow, twice.

"Look at the size of that thing!" gasped Tarn as he looked up... and up... and up at the creature.

He held Helbaerend tightly, knowing that it would do double damage against Beasts, and attacked the left claw from the front row. Bors stayed in the back row and aimed at the left leg.

Haldor laughs at Tarn's comment whilst advancing slowly towards the beast.

"You know, I've only ever heard that line directed at me, but I suspect you wouldn't want to know that. Anyway..."

The nord moves in on the right claw from the front row, at which time Alan follows suit on the right leg. Front row also.

"You know Benji, but I don't think that you'll be able to hurt the main body until we've crippled the limbs. Perhaps you might want to try something else?"

Battle Order:

Tarn

Benji

Jeaux

Heckz

Alan

Bors

Haldor

"I believe that we won't be able to topple the beast until his limbs are down, Master Haldor, but I can still cause some serious damage to him." (he can't be defeated before the limbs :wink:)

Jeaux looked at the enormous monster before them. It was far larger than any creature he had encountered before. He aimed the hand cannon at one of the creatures legs, hoping to cripple it and ease its capture.

Jeaux attacks the left leg from the back row

"WHAT THE... it looks just like my pet! What have you been doing now, Mr. Notsocheapnewt?" Hecks casts an Ice Spell at Left Leg from the back row.

Tarn raised an inquisitive eyebrow at Haldor, not really understanding the Nord's meaning.

He cleared his throat, and turned to the Assassin. "Benji, to test whether you can hurt the main body of this behemoth, perhaps you should only attack it once, and focus on another part of the beast with your second attack?"

"Alright, Tarn."

Benji first attacks the allanoid's body, and afyer the right leg. Both times with crossbow from bavk row.

Round 1 of RUUNN!!!

Tarn vs. Left Claw- Hit (10+23=33x2=66 damage)

Benji vs. Allanoid> Special Damage Critical Hit (15x2=30+30=60+3=63x2=126x2=252 x2 =504 damage! no instakill)

Benji vs. Right Leg> Hit Miss (15+30=45+3=48x2=96x2=192x2= 384 damage)

Jeaux vs. Left Leg> Miss (12+1+1=14 damage)

Heckz vs. Left Leg> Miss

Alan vs. Right Leg- Damage (10 damage)

Bors vs. Left Leg> Special Damage (Power RUSH!!! Allanoid is Hastened!)

Haldor vs. Right Claw- Special Damage (18-7=11 damage)

Tarn starts hacking at the Allanoid's arm. Benji fires away trying to bring down the beast. He does massive damage to the body and limbs, but the Allanoid shakes off the pain and continues rushing at the party. Jeaux and Heckz, the newer heroes, panick, and miss their shots off their target. The Allanoid scatters the party with its tail, and steps on Alan. Bors misses as he is afraid, and the massive dinosaur gets a Power Rush. Then it slashes down at Haldor and makes his head bleed.

Enemies:

allanoid.png

Allanoid, Level 26 beast *Hastened* 3 rounds remaining

Health: 952/1456

Specials: Left Apex Predator- The allanoid is the largest predator, and snatches the target with its left hand, making them unable to attack until they are freed. (Left claw defeated)

Right Apex Predator- The allanoid is the largest predator, and snatches the target with its right hand, making them unable to attack until they are freed. (Rightt claw defeated)

Drops: Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian oriented classes, and Beast Warriors)

claws.png

Left Claw. Level 14 Beast

Health: 588/654

Drops: Claw Blade Knife (WP: 9)

claws.png

Right Claw. Level 14 Beast

Drops: Bone, Remedy

leg.png

Left Leg, Level 10 beast

Health: 874/888

Drops: Tonic, Grand Potion, Smelling Salts

leg.png

Right Leg, Level 10 beast

Health: 504/888

Drops: Bone, Potion, Mead

Note: Allanoid cannot be defeated until all the limbs are.

Party:

Health: 33/44 (Base 9, +24 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

Level 23
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Defense

Health
(7+22+7+3)

Gold

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
darkness
-elemental,
stun
Weakened
Counterstrike Gloves

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
water
ice
- and
lightning
Has Phoenix Essence!
wind

Heroica01.jpg

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 11

Power:

Defense:
0 (-2)

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:

32 year old male Mage.

Water
Elemental),

Ice
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Lightning
Earth
)

alan.png

-"Careful mates..."

35 year old Rogue

Health: 7/17

bors.png

-"Stay behind me."

29 year old Ranger

"Nice work Bors. :sarcasm: Alright fellas, let me attack its legs for now, the rest of y'all can attack the rest of... it."

Benji attacks the Left Leg and the Right Leg from the back row with the crossbow.

Edited by Flare

OOC: I'm pretty sure Benji has the quiver of poisoning equipped, so the Allanoid and Right Leg would be poisoned.

Jeaux looked up at the enormous monster before the group. He aimed the barrel of the hand cannon at the lizard's center of mass.

Jeaux attacks the Allanoid from the back row

"Ha! I've had worse. Come at me you great lump!"

Haldor hacks at the right claw from the front row, determined to bring the beast down.

Alan, once again, hides.

Battle Order:

Tarn

Benji

Jeaux

Heckz

Alan

Bors

Haldor