Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest #67: Nova Tertia

As soon as Haldor said something about him and Haldor's emerald Heckz made a roar "...grrr..." .

Benji tries to use the garnet in his crossbow to awe the orange rockling. If so he will lure the rockling into a cage.

Edited by Flare

As soon as Haldor said something about him and Haldor's emerald Heckz made a roar "...grrr..." .

"Stop goofing off and start trying to be helpful to your team. Since the beginning of the quest you've been nothing but a goof off." Benji snapped angrily.

The Blue Rockling looks at the aquamarine in awe. Benji digs to find his gold, but it is nowhere to be found. It must have undergone metamorphic digestion to be unrecoverable.

Benji checks to see if the dead rockling's hide could make some sort of armor or helmet.

"I wonder if the blue rockling is attracted to just water instead of the gem..."

"Great thinking, we all have plenty of water to spare, don't we :sarcasm:"

"We found the blue rockling inside a pool. If we have plenty of water then I won't bother spending my ether on making a nice water path for the, ummm, thing. Maybe the blue rockilng is just attracted to a Sapphire."

"We found the blue rockling inside a pool. If we have plenty of water then I won't bother spending my ether on making a nice water path for the, ummm, thing. Maybe the blue rockilng is just attracted to a Sapphire."

"It was already attracted by the aquamarine, genius. We need to attract the orange one's interest now..."

Benji checks to see if the dead rockling's hide could make some sort of armor or helmet.

QM Note: Aye, sorry. Benji checks the dead rockling, but it could not make any armor or helmet. It's just a pile of rocks.

Benji notices that the rest of the party has started to sleep on their feet. "HELLO PEOPLE! We have a quest to finish here! You can sleep when you're dead!"

"Why am I the only one required to make an effort for this thing! I thought this was supposed to be a team effort." Benji glares at the other party members, but then tries to lure the orange rockling into a cage using 3 gold pieces.

The orange rockling starts following the gold, but stops before the cage. It starts to laugh and walks away. Will the party try anything more, or are they ready for resistance?

Benji growls and attacks the orange rockling, firing three arrows in rapid succession at the rockling's eyes.

"We tried to do this as peacefully as possible. It's standing between us and our goal. Let's take it down and put it in a cage." Tarn said.

The Orange Rockling is surprisingly fast and it rolls out of the way, then jumps into the air! PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies:

blue_rock.png

Blue Rockling, Level 12 Aquatic, Mechanic *Immune to Instakill*

SP: 5

Health: 455/455

Specials: Geyser- The Rockling opens its mouth and shoots a blast of water, causing 21 Water Elemental damage to a random 3 members of the party.

Intelligent- The smarter rockling Hexes the target.

Drops: Water Bomb, 3 gold, Nostrum

orange_rock.png

Orange Rockling, Level 11 Earth, Mechanic *Pierces SP!* *Immune to Instakill*

SP: 3

Health: 500/500

Specials: Earthquake- The rockling stomps on the ground causing a massive tremble. A random 3 heroes are stunned, and the volcano will start to erupt. *Used only once*

Omnomnom- The rockling will take a random item from the hero's equipment or inventory. If it is a consumable, the rockling will consume it. If it's a bomb, it will throw it. Anything else will be lost until the end of the battle.

Drops: Garnet Gem, 3 gold

yellow_rock.png

Yellow Rockling, Level 12 Electric, Mechanical

SP: 3

Health: 354/354

Specials: Rock Shock- The rockling emits an electrical blast. Anyone who has water elemental weapons or item will take double damage the rest of the battle.

Drops: Phoenix Essence

Party:

copy_of_pict0550.jpgHaldor Skovgaard (Played by Scorpiox) *Party Leader*

33 year old male human Nord. Level 26 1/3 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Power: 43 (Level 26, +15 WP, +2 from Pugilist's Gloves)

Defence: 7 (Base 0 +2 from Ethereal Cloak, +5 from Heavy Armour)

Health: 44/44 (Base 9, +24 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 35/35 (Base 5, +24 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Gold: 54

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom, Smelling Salts

benji_carvenhall_assassin_mark_ii.png Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer (Flare)

28 years old male half-elven Assassin

Level 29 2/3 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element* *Hastened* *Lucky*

Power: 47 (29+15+3)

Defense: 3

Health: 37/40

Gold: 938

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:15; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors)

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (2), Smelling Salts (5), Mead (3), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb 2x, Water Bomb

8686823074_56e2890363_t.jpg

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

22 year old human male Raider

Level 22 2/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Defense
: 6

Health
: 38/
(7+21+7+3)

Gold
: 67

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
(WP: 13,
darkness
-elemental,
stun
-effect; greatsword), Darksteel Armor (SP:6, Max. Health +3, Immunity to
Weakened
; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear)
Counterstrike Gloves
(handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level)[borrowed from Flare]

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
(WP: 10;
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade;
Has Phoenix Essence!
axe), Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind
-elemental instrument), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6, spear),
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 3 x Nostrum, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear), Venom

Heroica01.jpg

Jeaux Elmfyre (joeshmoe554)

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 11

Power:
(Level 11 + WP: 12 + Artifact boost: 1)

Defense:
0 (-2)

Health: 16/16

Gold:

Equipment:
Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle)[borrowed from Flare]
,Ranger's Quiver (WP+1; backwear),

Inventory:
Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Venom 2x, Potion x2, Holy Bomb, Ice Bomb,Topaz
Eminus (WP: 5; bow), Bone

8518902849_2f7f14fd9d_t.jpg

Heckz Brutenhal, Ghost Buster (Eric-Su)

32 year old male Mage.

Level: 9

Power: 21

Health: 11/13

Ether: 7/13 (+1 from green apple)

Gold: 0

Equipment:Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12,
Water
Elemental),

Inventory: Opal (
Ice
), Bedroll, Tonic, Amethyst (
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Cheap Wand (WP 3), Topaz (
Lightning
)[borrowed from Flare], Potion, Smelling Salts

alan.png

-"Crickey!"

Alan, (played by Scorpiox)

35 year old Rogue

Level: 11

Power: 18

Health: 15/17

Equipment: Whip (WP:7)

Inventory: Potion, Remedy

Gold: 62

bors.png

-"If that happens one more time, I think I'll die."

Bors (played by Rumble Strike)

29 year old Ranger

Level: 4

Power: 10

Health: 7/9

Equipment: Flexible Bow (WP: 6), Quiver of Poisoning
(permanent
Poisoned
effect; backwear), [borrowed from Flare]

Inventory: Fire Bomb

"I've got the blue rockling!" (x4 multiplier, while I have x2 on the others :wink:)

Benji fires arrows at the Blue Rockling twice from the back row with his Golden Handcannon!

OoC: CJP, could it be possible for the rocklings not to be dead after we defeat them? :sweet: So we can capture them.

Edited by Flare

"I'll take our friend Mr Orange!" shouted Tarn, aiming Lion's Heart at the Orange Rockling from the front row. "Bors, you better not get involved, these things look pretty dangerous."

OOC: Just to confirm, did we not explicitly say we would lead the Yellow and Blue Rocklings to a cage before? I thought we had, but if it wasn't bolded, then I understand.

OOC: Just to confirm, did we not explicitly say we would lead the Yellow and Blue Rocklings to a cage before? I thought we had, but if it wasn't bolded, then I understand.

OOC: I thought so too, but I guess that we didn't...

Also I'm sorry if I initiated battle before the rest of you were ready! It just didn't seem that we were making any progress with the orange one...

OOC: I figured we had to explicity cage the others, I was just waiting to see if we could get the orange one before putting his buddies in cages.

Jeaux glanced at the assassin as he began to load arrows into the large golden hand cannon. Arrows hardly seemed like an effective form of ammunition, since they would do little to build pressure and would likely be damaged by the explosion. Gold also seemed like a rather poor material to build a cannon with, given the ease at which it could be bent or molded. Though this assassin had seen far more battle than Jeaux and there could very well be etherial forces at play to counter any problems presented by physics. Jeaux loaded a round into the hand cannon that had been lent to him and aimed a shot at the orange rockling who had enraged Benji into losing his temper.

Jeaux fires a shot at the Orange Rockling from the back row

OoC: CJP, could it be possible for the rocklings not to be dead after we defeat them? :sweet: So we can capture them.

Hmm... maybe a few will live.

QM Note: I am unaware of that. I guess you didn't bold it. Did you say you were using gold or something? Because I had it planned that a few of them were uncagable, and I never remembered posting that they were captured. (Are you getting confused with 'interested'? I remember saying the blue one was interested in the Aqua gem, but it never went into the cage.)

Hmm... maybe a few will live.

QM Note: I am unaware of that. I guess you didn't bold it. Did you say you were using gold or something? Because I had it planned that a few of them were uncagable, and I never remembered posting that they were captured. (Are you getting confused with 'interested'? I remember saying the blue one was interested in the Aqua gem, but it never went into the cage.)

OoC: OK, bummer.