Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest #67: Nova Tertia

"Let's have a think, see if we can avoid fighting them, they're far too lovely to just be killed."

Rocklings:

Red (Try more gold)

Blue

Green

Yellow

Orange

"Alan, do we need to capture all of them or would only one suffice?"

"If we need to try capturing all of them, I'm going to feed a bomb to the red one. He's not getting any more of my gold! Anyone have a water bomb? Oh wait, I do."

Benji feeds a water bomb to the rockling.

Edited by Flare

alan.png

"Get as many as you an peacefully. The more we get that way, the less we may have to fight."

Benji takes a water bomb and the Rockling disturbingly opens his mouth really wide. Benji pops it in.

red_rock.png

"Omnomnom!"

The rockling swallows it and begins chewing. Suddenly, a loud BOOM is heard inside the rock creature. The rockling's mouth is blown off, and a geyser shoots up out of the top of the rockling. Then it tips over.

Party:

copy_of_pict0550.jpgHaldor Skovgaard (Played by Scorpiox) *Party Leader*

33 year old male human Nord. Level 26 1/3 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Power: 43 (Level 26, +15 WP, +2 from Pugilist's Gloves)

Defence: 7 (Base 0 +2 from Ethereal Cloak, +5 from Heavy Armour)

Health: 44/44 (Base 9, +24 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 35/35 (Base 5, +24 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Gold: 54

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom, Smelling Salts

benji_carvenhall_assassin_mark_ii.png Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer (Flare)

28 years old male half-elven Assassin

Level 29 2/3 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element* *Hastened* *Lucky*

Power: 47 (29+15+3)

Defense: 3

Health: 37/40

Gold: 938

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:15; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors)

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (2), Smelling Salts (5), Mead (3), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb 2x, Water Bomb

8686823074_56e2890363_t.jpg

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

22 year old human male Raider

Level 22 2/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Defense
: 6

Health
: 38/
(7+21+7+3)

Gold
: 67

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
(WP: 13,
darkness
-elemental,
stun
-effect; greatsword), Darksteel Armor (SP:6, Max. Health +3, Immunity to
Weakened
; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear)
Counterstrike Gloves
(handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level)[borrowed from Flare]

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
(WP: 10;
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade;
Has Phoenix Essence!
axe), Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind
-elemental instrument), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6, spear),
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 3 x Nostrum, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear), Venom

Heroica01.jpg

Jeaux Elmfyre (joeshmoe554)

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 11

Power:
(Level 11 + WP: 12 + Artifact boost: 1)

Defense:
0 (-2)

Health: 16/16

Gold:

Equipment:
Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle)[borrowed from Flare]
,Ranger's Quiver (WP+1; backwear),

Inventory:
Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Venom 2x, Potion x2, Holy Bomb, Ice Bomb,Topaz
Eminus (WP: 5; bow), Bone

8518902849_2f7f14fd9d_t.jpg

Heckz Brutenhal, Ghost Buster (Eric-Su)

32 year old male Mage.

Level: 9

Power: 21

Health: 11/13

Ether: 7/13 (+1 from green apple)

Gold: 0

Equipment:Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12,
Water
Elemental),

Inventory: Opal (
Ice
), Bedroll, Tonic, Amethyst (
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Cheap Wand (WP 3), Topaz (
Lightning
)[borrowed from Flare], Potion, Smelling Salts

alan.png

-"Crickey!"

Alan, (played by Scorpiox)

35 year old Rogue

Level: 11

Power: 18

Health: 15/17

Equipment: Whip (WP:7)

Inventory: Potion, Remedy

Gold: 62

bors.png

-"If that happens one more time, I think I'll die."

Bors (played by Rumble Strike)

29 year old Ranger

Level: 4

Power: 10

Health: 7/9

Equipment: Flexible Bow (WP: 6), Quiver of Poisoning
(permanent
Poisoned
effect; backwear), [borrowed from Flare]

Inventory: Fire Bomb

Haldor nearly splits his sides laughing at the rockling's fate.

"Booooom! I haven't seen something close to that hilarious since Nyx deliberately blew us all up in the temple underneath Eubric. Give it another go, Benji, try a bomb in one of the other ones. I want to see that again."

In the meantime, the nord jabs the friendly green one lightly in its chest to see its reactions.

Rocklings:

Red

Blue

Green

Yellow

Orange

"Might I suggest we attempt to capture these rocklings instead of blowing them up. I believe that is what we where hired to accomplish." Jeaux removes the Topaz from his briefcase, and while holding it tightly in his hand, he observes as it scatters the sunlight across the ground.

Haldor turns to Jeaux, visibly confused.

"Eh? Have you not been listening to what anyone's been saying? We're supposed to get one on it's own and capture it, like we did with the Spitosaurs. This bombing thing seems to be quite effective at removing the ones we aren't going to capture, so that they won't object too much to our kidnapping one of them. I'd be honoured if you'd concentrate a bit more."

"Oops :tongue::sarcasm:"

"I doubt the others are as stupid that they will eat a bomb."

"Perhaps we could try? If they refuse we'll just have to do something else."

"Alan just told us to get as many as we can. It could be that get means kill in some dialects, though I am unfamiliar with that context." Hearing Benji's comment regarding the bomb, Jeaux considered the behavior observed when the bone was presented to the rocklings. "This is just a guess based on the observed behavior, but I suspect it is likely the blue one will ignore a bomb, the yellow one will inspect the bomb and may be injured by it, and the orange one will likely throw the bomb back in our general direction." Jeaux was still gripping the Topaz in his hand.

Tarn couldn't help but have flashbacks to Dastan when he threw the Bomb XX which killed Constance. "I don't think we should be trying to blow up any more of these creatures."

Tarn couldn't help but have flashbacks to Dastan when he threw the Bomb XX which killed Constance. "I don't think we should be trying to blow up any more of these creatures."

"I agree."

"Hmph, alright. Since you all seem averted to us just shredding the things, I reckon we ought to try the gold again. A larger sum than before should do the trick."

"I just want to see if there is any reaction to it. I think acquiring more information would assist us in developing a worthwhile plan. Preferably before we have lost too many coins or consumables."

The Yellow Rockling reacts to the Topaz, and it looks at it. Then it holds out its arms.

yellow_rock.png

"Ooohh..."

In reaction to Haldor, the green one simply stands dumbfounded at the fate if the red rockling.

green_rock.png

"...uhh..."

"It would appear I have made another friend. I suspect we should be able to use gems to encourage them into cages without actually feeding them anything."

Tarn mused, "Perhaps the colour of the gems compares with the colour of the Rockling? That yellow one liked the Topaz."

"Well, do we have an Aquamarine and an Emerald? Then we could lure them into cages peacefully. Just like I said at the start."

Benji silently mimics Jeaux's actions using his own aquamarine on the blue rockling. He holds on tight to make sure it won't be eaten.

Edited by Flare

"Heckz has my emerald, but I don't think it'll be necessary seeing as the green one is already on our side."

"Heckz has my emerald, but I don't think it'll be necessary seeing as the green one is already on our side."

"An orangish gem might be useful. Or we could blast him, I have another water bomb that I could use. :devil:"

"I don't believe any of us has a garnet we could use. You could try giving him a bomb, but again I believe he would use it against us instead of eating it. If he is as taken with gold as the red one was, we could lay a path of coins to one of the cages and use that to trap him."

After experimenting with his aquamarine, Benji grimaces and digs into the red rockling's dead body, to recover his 3 gold and whatever else that might be of value inside of its body. If he regains the gold, he will use it to lead the orange rockling into a cage.

The Blue Rockling looks at the aquamarine in awe. Benji digs to find his gold, but it is nowhere to be found. It must have undergone metamorphic digestion to be unrecoverable.