Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest #67: Nova Tertia

OOC: Ravage - The raider mugs all enemies in a flurry of attacks causing damage equal to their weapon power added to their level. The raider gains gold equal to the level of each enemy.

"Aye the assassin knows what's what. We don't want some crazy mage unleashing the powers of nature and killing them both." The automaton kicks his feet up and decides to relax a bit in the back row.

"Me? Crazy? Excuse me dear 'Mechabeing' if I weren't sane then I'd be on the floor right now mumbling unknown words." Before the spell hit the Spito Heckz stopped it so that he could sit in the back row.

Haldor stepped back and produced some ale.

"Tarn, this one's on you, don't take too long."

Alan climbs out of his hole and looks around nervously. Both of them do nothing of interest for this round.

Battle Order:

Tarn

Every

One

Else

QM Note: Well in that case, the BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS! I went back to do the math, and all the spitosaurs would've taken damage. Therefore, B would be completely killed, and that leaves D with 37 health left, which is under 50. How will the spoils be divided?

.Remedy

.Nostrum

.Smelling Salts

.Bone

Party:

copy_of_pict0550.jpgHaldor Skovgaard (Played by Scorpiox) *Party Leader*

33 year old male human Nord. Level 26 1/3 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Power: 43 (Level 26, +15 WP, +2 from Pugilist's Gloves)

Defence: 7 (Base 0 +2 from Ethereal Cloak, +5 from Heavy Armour)

Health: 44/44 (Base 9, +24 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 35/35 (Base 5, +24 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Gold: 54

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom, Smelling Salts

benji_carvenhall_assassin_mark_ii.png Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer (Flare)

28 years old male half-elven Assassin

Level 29 1/3 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element*

Power: 47 (29+15+3)

Defense: 3

Health: 38/40

Gold: 938

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:15; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors)

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (6), Mead (3), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb 2x

8686823074_56e2890363_t.jpg

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

22 year old human male Raider

Level 22 2/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Defense
: 7
(6+1)

Health
: 38/
(7+21+7+3)

Gold
: 62

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
(WP: 13,
darkness
-elemental,
stun
-effect; greatsword), Darksteel Armor (SP:6, Max. Health +3, Immunity to
Weakened
; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear)
Counterstrike Gloves
(handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level)[borrowed from Flare]

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
(WP: 10;
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade;
Has Phoenix Essence!
axe), Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind
-elemental instrument), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6, spear),
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 2 x Nostrum, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear), Venom

Heroica01.jpg

Jeaux Elmfyre (joeshmoe554)

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 11

Power:
(Level 11 + WP: 12 + Artifact boost: 1)

Defense:
0 (-2)

Health: 16/16

Gold:

Equipment:
Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle)[borrowed from Flare]
,Ranger's Quiver (WP+1; backwear),

Inventory:
Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Venom 2x, Potion x2, Holy Bomb, Ice Bomb,Topaz
Eminus (WP: 5; bow), Bone

8518902849_2f7f14fd9d_t.jpg

Heckz Brutenhal, Ghost Buster (Eric-Su)

32 year old male Mage.

Level: 9

Power: 21

Health: 11/13

Ether: 7/13 (+1 from green apple)

Gold: 0

Equipment:Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12,
Water
Elemental),

Inventory: Opal (
Ice
), Bedroll, Tonic, Amethyst (
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Cheap Wand (WP 3), Topaz (
Lightning
)[borrowed from Flare], Potion

alan.png

-"Crickey!"

Alan, (played by Scorpiox)

35 year old Rogue

Level: 11

Power: 18

Health: 15/17

Equipment: Whip (WP:7)

Inventory: Potion

Gold: 62

bors.png

-"If that happens one more time, I think I'll die."

Bors (played by Rumble Strike)

29 year old Ranger

Level: 4

Power: 10

Health: 7/9

Equipment: Flexible Bow (WP: 6), Quiver of Poisoning
(permanent
Poisoned
effect; backwear), [borrowed from Flare]

Inventory: Fire Bomb

Tarn wiped sweat from his brow, as the poson effects subsided. It had been a very tricky fight.

OOC: Due to the noble mask, Tarn should also get gold for each enemy in the battle, so 5 extra gold.

Haldor finished his bottle and kicked it into discreetly into the bushes.

"That was... fun. Great work and all that usual tosh."

Loot:

Benji - Remedy

Tarn - Nostrum

Heckz - Smelling Salts

Jeaux - Bone

"Alright! Let's toss that 6-foot turkey in a cage and get a move on!", just after the automaton said this, the dark tone his skin had taken just a short while ago began to fade back to its traditional white color.

QM Note: Gold fixed.

alan.png

"Ahaa! Great work mates, I thought we were buggered that one! That's what we are paying you for, let's put him in a cage. Now, where to head next?"

Party:

33 year old male human Nord. Level 26 1/3 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Ether: 35/35 (Base 5, +24 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom, Smelling Salts

benji_carvenhall_assassin_mark_ii.png Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer (Flare)

Level 29 1/3 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element*

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:15; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors)

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (6), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (6), Mead (3), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb 2x

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

Level 22 2/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Defense
: 7
(6+1)

Health
(7+21+7+3)

Gold
: 67

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
darkness
-elemental,
stun
Weakened
; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear)
Counterstrike Gloves
(handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level)[borrowed from Flare]

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
water
ice
- and
lightning
Has Phoenix Essence!
wind
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 3 x Nostrum, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear), Venom

Heroica01.jpg

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 11

Power:

Defense:
0 (-2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle)[borrowed from Flare]

Inventory:
Eminus (WP: 5; bow), Bone 2x

32 year old male Mage.

Water
Elemental),

Ice
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Lightning
)[borrowed from Flare], Potion, Smelling Salts

alan.png

-"Crickey!"

35 year old Rogue

Inventory: Potion

bors.png

29 year old Ranger

(permanent
Poisoned

"Yay."

Benji gives the remedy he got as loot to Alan.

"Use it well."

OoC: My level should be at 29 2/3!

Haldor produced the map and stared at it for a few moments.

"Hmm, we're closest to the Rockling Road, that wouldn't be a bad place to head. Folks, make yourselves ready to move, we're going hunting again."

The nord leads his group off in search of the Rockling Road.

"We were headed next to Rockling Road, north of these Springs, were we not?" Tarn asked of the party.

Seeing Alan and Bors pushing the dazed Spitosaur into a cage, he asked "How long have you fellows been lizard rustlers?"

OOC: I have just realised Tarn's SP should be 6 rather than 7, as he's not wearing the Horned Hat anymore. I never spotted that until now. Sorry!

QM Note : I forgive you. :tongue:

alan.png

"We've been hunting these things for around a year. Now, I warn you about these Rocklings, each one specializes in different elements, and they are very, very hungry. We ready?"

Party:

Level 29 2/3 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element*

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (6), Mead (3), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb 2x

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

Level 22 2/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Defense
: 6

Health
(7+21+7+3)

Gold

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
darkness
-elemental,
stun
Weakened
Counterstrike Gloves

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
water
ice
- and
lightning
Has Phoenix Essence!
wind
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 3 x Nostrum, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)

Heroica01.jpg

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 11

Power:

Defense:
0 (-2)

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:

32 year old male Mage.

Water
Elemental),

Ice
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Lightning

alan.png

-"Crickey!"

35 year old Rogue

Inventory: Potion, Remedy

bors.png

29 year old Ranger

(permanent
Poisoned

"Are they sentinent beings? I believe we have one of their type working in our hall, in charge of a museum type place. Perhaps they are not the same, though. Do you think that you or Bors wants to go back to your base? It might be safer then staying with us."

Benji drinks a smelling salts and a nostrum.

"Anyways, I'm ready to go!"

Edited by Flare

"Are they sentinent beings? I believe we have one of their type working in our hall, in charge of a museum type place. Perhaps they are not the same, though. Do you think that you or Bors wants to go back to your base? It might be safer then staying with us."

Benji drinks a smelling salts and a nostrum.

"Anyways, I'm ready to go!"

bors.png

"They are not the same species. but they are of similar family and genus, like humans and monkeys are homosapiens."

Tarn examined his meagre supply of consumables. He had not been able to buy many before he set out.

"Do you think I should take any before we meet the Rocklings, or should I save them for worse fights ahead?" he asked the others with a frown on his face, just visible under the noble mask.

Tarn examined his meagre supply of consumables. He had not been able to buy many before he set out.

"Do you think I should take any before we meet the Rocklings, or should I save them for worse fights ahead?" he asked the others with a frown on his face, just visible under the noble mask.

"I'm already drugged up, you might as well save your drinks for when the party gets rough. Hopefully future enemies will drop more benefitial loot. :wink:"

OoC: Are we waiting on something for us to move on?

Alan and Bors lead the trek up Rockling Road.

alan.png

"Careful mates! This area is known for hot springs and we're next to a very dangerous volcano!"

Alan suddenly gets surrounded by curious rock creatures. The area is hot and smoky by the volcano.

img_3716.jpg

blue_rock.pnggreen_rock.pngorange_rock.pngred_rock.pngyellow_rock.png

"Rrr.. grumble..... omnomnomnom."

bors.png

"Alright, these fellows are easily distracted, how shall we capture them?"

Party:

Level 29 2/3 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element* *Hastened* *Lucky*

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (2), Smelling Salts (5), Mead (3), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb 2x

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

Level 22 2/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Defense
: 6

Health
(7+21+7+3)

Gold

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
darkness
-elemental,
stun
Weakened
Counterstrike Gloves

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
water
ice
- and
lightning
Has Phoenix Essence!
wind

Heroica01.jpg

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 11

Power:

Defense:
0 (-2)

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:

32 year old male Mage.

Water
Elemental),

Ice
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Lightning

alan.png

-"Crickey!"

35 year old Rogue

Inventory: Potion, Remedy

bors.png

29 year old Ranger

(permanent
Poisoned

Jeaux turned to Bors, looking to aquire some more information on their quarry. "I'm afraid I have not encountered this species before, perhaps you could give us some information on them. Their dietary habits, or anything we might be able to use as bait?"

Benji looks fondly on the rocklings. Something about them made him wish... that they weren't all going to be exterminated really soon.

"Are they not aggressive or something? How can we capture them? Is it possible to capture all of them, instead of just one?"

Benji thinks for a minute.

"Nah, I dunno. My job is killing, not thinking. I gave that up... a while ago."

Benji tries digging with his shovel to try to find something that might attract the interest of the rocklings.

Edited by Flare

Tarn thought back to a previous Quest in the Silverpick Mine. "I have seen one of these creatures before. In a mining quarry. That one liked to eat gems."

Tarn thought back to a previous Quest in the Silverpick Mine. "I have seen one of these creatures before. In a mining quarry. That one liked to eat gems."

Benji looks worryingly at Tarn. "They're not munching on any of my gems. Those cost an arm and a leg to purchase."

Heckz starts laughing at what Tarn said, when he stopped laughing he said with a serious face "No."

Heckz starts laughing at what Tarn said, when he stopped laughing he said with a serious face "No."

"You're not feeding them the gem I'm lending you, either." Benji glared at Heckz, knowing his unpredictability. Someday Benji would show him a lesson, but it would probably be a good idea to leave permanent mental scarring until after the quest ended. Heckz wasn't much of a hero, but he was better than having one less hero to fight these weird beasts with.