Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest #67: Nova Tertia

"Say, should I attack Spito Disgusting( Spito D) or the one with funny health(Spito E)?"

"I suugest you attack the Crazy one (Spitosaur C), Heckz."

Edited by Flare

Round 7 of the Spitosaur Hunt

Tarn> Nothing

Benji vs. Spitosaur A> Shield Damage (+77 gold)

Benji vs. Spitosaur E> Miss Special Damage

Jeaux vs. Spitosaur C> Critical Hit (12+7=19x2=38+10=48+1=49 damage)

Heckz vs. Spitosaur C> Hit (12+8=20x2=40 damage)

Alan> nothing

Bors>nothing

Haldor vs. Spitosaur D- Shield (health taken from Spito C! 1+1+1+1+1=5 health restored!)

Spitosaur B> free hit on Tarn (0 damage (14/2=7-7=0)

Tarn> Counterstrike (22/2=11 damage)

Benji steals even more gold. He goes to attack the next spitosaur in line, but these lizards are surprisingly fast, and it jumps out of the way. Jeaux aims precisecly and shoots, doing massive damage. Heckz does an attack very similar in strength. His ball of ice freezes the spitosaur, and it whimpers in pain. Haldor does another blood ritual. It doesn't really do much, but it gives those poisoned another round to live.

Enemies:

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur A, Level 15 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 256/700

Specials: Spit- The spitosaur spits in the target's eye, causing the blinded effect and poisoning them.

Drops: Nostrum

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur B, Level 14 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 219/636

Specials: Spit- The spitosaur spits in the target's eye, causing the blinded effect and poisoning them.

Drops: Remedy

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur C, Level 14 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 513/809

Drops: Smelling Salts

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur D, Level 16 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 424/724

Drops: Bone

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur E, Level 18 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 9/433

Drops: Venom

Party:

copy_of_pict0550.jpgHaldor Skovgaard (Played by Scorpiox) *Party Leader*

33 year old male human Nord. Level 26 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Power: 43 (Level 26, +15 WP, +2 from Pugilist's Gloves)

Defence: 7 (Base 0 +2 from Ethereal Cloak, +5 from Heavy Armour)

Health: 44/44 (Base 9, +24 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 28/35 (Base 5, +24 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Gold: 54

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom, Smelling Salts

benji_carvenhall_assassin_mark_ii.png Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer (Flare)

28 years old male half-elven Assassin

Level 28 2/3 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element* *Lucky* *Hastened* *poisoned*

Power: 46 (28+15+3)

Defense: 3

Health: 38/39

Gold: 684

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:15; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors)

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (6), Mead (3), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb 2x

8686823074_56e2890363_t.jpg

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

22 year old human male Raider

Level 22 1/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened
*poisoned*

Defense
: 7
(6+1)

Health
: 37
/38
(7+21+7+3)

Gold
: 18

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
(WP: 13,
darkness
-elemental,
stun
-effect; greatsword), Darksteel Armor (SP:6, Max. Health +3, Immunity to
Weakened
; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear)
Counterstrike Gloves
(handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level)[borrowed from Flare]

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
(WP: 10;
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade;
Has Phoenix Essence!
axe), Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind
-elemental instrument), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6, spear),
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 2 x Nostrum, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear), Venom

Heroica01.jpg

Jeaux Elmfyre (joeshmoe554)

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 10.5

Power:
(Level 10 + WP: 12 + Artifact boost: 1)

Defense:
0 (-2)

Health: 15/15
(base HP: 6 + Level bonus: 6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle)[borrowed from Flare]
,Ranger's Quiver (WP+1; backwear),

Inventory:
Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Venom 2x, Potion x2, Holy Bomb, Ice Bomb,Topaz
Eminus (WP: 5; bow), Bone

8518902849_2f7f14fd9d_t.jpg

Heckz Brutenhal, Ghost Buster (Eric-Su)
*Blinded*
*poisoned*

32 year old male Mage.

Level: 8

Power: 20

Health: 11/12

Ether: 10/13 (+1 from green apple)

Gold: 0

Equipment:Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12,
Water
Elemental),

Inventory: Opal (
Ice
), Bedroll, Tonic, Amethyst (
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Cheap Wand (WP 3), Topaz (
Lightning
)[borrowed from Flare], Potion

alan.png

-"Crickey!"

Alan, (played by Scorpiox)
*poisoned*

35 year old Rogue

Level: 10.5

Power: 17

Health: 15/16

Equipment: Whip (WP:7)

Inventory: Potion

Gold: 62

bors.png

-"If that happens one more time, I think I'll die."
*poisoned*

Bors (played by Rumble Strike)

29 year old Ranger

Level: 3

Power: 9

Health: 7/8

Equipment: Flexible Bow (WP: 6), Quiver of Poisoning
(permanent
Poisoned
effect; backwear), [borrowed from Flare]

Inventory: Fire Bomb

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

OoC: Is Heckz blinded or not? Bevause I'm confused as to how hes attacking successfully, so maybe he's not actually blinded anymore...?

Benji repeats. (A and E)

OoC: Is Heckz blinded or not? Bevause I'm confused as to how hes attacking successfully, so maybe he's not actually blinded anymore...?

Benji repeats. (A and E)

QM Note: Blinded prevents from Physical attacks. I'm pretty sure chanting "Spitosaur who is not so nice, I now cast you frozen in ice!" does not require sight. :grin:

OoC: Good point :grin:

EDIT: As Flipz pointed out, the assassin's 4 roll is Lethal aim, not miss, which means 15x2x2=60 damage (my aim is more powerful than many's critical hits :laugh:)

Edited by Flare

OOC: Yep, so E should be at 9 HP. Also B should be at 219 (230 - 11 = 219) and C should be at 513 (The ranger's quiver increases WP which is doubled on a crit)

The automaton addressed the assassin in their party, "Let the barbarian finish off the one on the far end. Looking at the damage you are capable of dealing, you should focus on one of the beasts with a little more vitality. That is if you want to start fighting instead of filling your pockets with gold." He then loads another shot in the hand cannon, aiming it once more at his target

Jeaux attacks Spitosaur C from the back row

Benji changes his attack to Spitosaurs A and B.

"Its natural instinct, that gold grabbing..." Snipped Benji at the automaton ranger. Oh, how much that noob needed to learn about life...

Edited by Flare

Haldor gave Jeaux a curious look.

"...aye. Not really sure who you're adressing with the name 'barbarian' -as two of us in this party could be known by that name- but I'm right as hell not barbaric. SInce common courtesy don't seem to be your thing, we'd best get on and not dwell on people's shortcomings; wooden man."

The nord turned away. He wasn't particularly annoyed, simply disappointed that respect for one's superiors didn't seem to have streched as far as automatons. The shaman decides not to care an awful lot, and sprints forward to hit Spitobastard E from the front row.

Alan, now cured of his blindness, runs after the norseman, assisting in the attack of Spitobastard A from the front row.

Battle Order:

Tarn

Benji

Jeaux

Heckz

Alan

Bors

Haldor

"I was referring to Tarn, the guy with the spooky tribal war mask. You look far more civilized oh great and noble leader.", the automaton replied. While the blank expression on his face was fairly difficult to interpret, there was a hint of snark in his voice.

"Bet you think you're real funny, don't you? But I tell you, there's much for you to learn before you start proffesing yourself off in that way. Try not to be disrespectful, you won't earn any friends that way. Don't say that you don't need any, 'cause it that's your attitude, you're in for a rude awakening. Also, don't forget that me, 'assassin' and 'barbarian' have been in this buisness far longer than you, that makes us worthy of your respect. Life lessons, thing, try to better at learning 'em."

Haldor smirks.

"Oh, and yeah; I'm the most civilised bloke you'll ever meet."

"Besides me."

"And my junior ranger... Watch your wooden tongue, thats the best advice I can give."

Edited by Flare

"Haldor, I believe Jeaux means that we should leave Spitosaur E to be felled by my Counterstrike, which is a sound strategy. Choose another target."

Tarn readied himself now that the blindness had passed and attacked Spitosaur C from the front row using Helbaerend.

Bors did nothing in the back row.

"It'd take a pretty hefty number of your counterstrikes to kill it, whereas a good solid strike from me would take it out in one. I think this way is better."

"I believe that lizard is more damaged than it appears, Haldor. Trust me!"

OOC: we think CJP didn't account for the Assassin's Lethal Aim, instead calling it a miss, so it should lose 60 health.

"Now that I think about, the beast's barely hanging on to life. I'll go and take something more worthwhile, like the disgusting one over there."

Spitobastard D, front row.

"To be honest, I don't think he's got a tongue to watch for..." Heckz casts an Ice Spell at Spito Crazy © from the back row.

OOC: Yep, so E should be at 9 HP. Also B should be at 219 (230 - 11 = 219) and C should be at 513 (The ranger's quiver increases WP which is doubled on a crit)

QM Note: Ergh, I forgot the +1 WP went with the double. All those were fixed.

QM Note: Ya, ya, let me eat some breakfast first. :laugh:

Round 8 of the Spitosaur Hunt

Tarn vs. Spitosaur C- Damage (14-7=7 damage)

Benji vs. Spitosaur A> Hit Critical Hit (15x2=30+28=58+3=61x2=122x2=244 damage)

Benji vs. Spitosaur B> Shield Critical Hit (+77 gold!)

Jeaux vs. Spitosaur C> Shield (10+12+1=23+8=31 damae to C, D, and E)

Heckz vs. Spitosaur C> Hit (8+12=20x2=40 damage!)

Alan vs. Spitosaur A- Special Damage

Bors> nothing

Haldor vs. Spitosaur D- Critical Hit (15x3=45+26=71+2=73x2=146)

Tarn still can't handle the multiple lizards swarming him. He gets bitten and starts to fall back. Benji aims is crossbow and shoots. The arrow goes clean through the enemy, and it falls down with its legs twitching. Benji indulges himself in his gold taking process. Jeaux doesn't load his usual ammunition in his handcannon. He decides to throw in some shrapnel down the barrel. He shoots a wide arc of deadly material. They impale themselves into the spitosaurs, and one about to finish Tarn gets blown back and dies. Heckz chants his spell and shoots the next spitosaur. "Gods of Ice, hear my call! Send that spitosaur a deadly snowball!" Alan gets blinded as he gets shot in the eye again with venom. Haldor goes berserk and does maximum damage and greatly helps the battle which is about to come to an end.

Enemies:

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur A, Level 15 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 12/700

Drops: Nostrum

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur B, Level 14 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 219/636

Drops: Remedy

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur C, Level 14 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 441/809

Drops: Smelling Salts

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur D, Level 16 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 247/724

Drops: Bone

Party:

copy_of_pict0550.jpgHaldor Skovgaard (Played by Scorpiox) *Party Leader*

33 year old male human Nord. Level 26 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Power: 43 (Level 26, +15 WP, +2 from Pugilist's Gloves)

Defence: 7 (Base 0 +2 from Ethereal Cloak, +5 from Heavy Armour)

Health: 44/44 (Base 9, +24 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 28/35 (Base 5, +24 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Gold: 54

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom, Smelling Salts

benji_carvenhall_assassin_mark_ii.png Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer (Flare)

28 years old male half-elven Assassin

Level 28 2/3 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element* *Lucky* *Hastened* *poisoned*

Power: 46 (28+15+3)

Defense: 3

Health: 37/39

Gold: 361

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:15; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors)

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (6), Mead (3), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb 2x

8686823074_56e2890363_t.jpg

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

22 year old human male Raider

Level 22 1/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened
*poisoned*

Defense
: 7
(6+1)

Health
: 29
/38
(7+21+7+3)

Gold
: 18

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
(WP: 13,
darkness
-elemental,
stun
-effect; greatsword), Darksteel Armor (SP:6, Max. Health +3, Immunity to
Weakened
; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear)
Counterstrike Gloves
(handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level)[borrowed from Flare]

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
(WP: 10;
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade;
Has Phoenix Essence!
axe), Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind
-elemental instrument), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6, spear),
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 2 x Nostrum, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear), Venom

Heroica01.jpg

Jeaux Elmfyre (joeshmoe554)

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 10.5

Power:
(Level 10 + WP: 12 + Artifact boost: 1)

Defense:
0 (-2)

Health: 15/15
(base HP: 6 + Level bonus: 6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle)[borrowed from Flare]
,Ranger's Quiver (WP+1; backwear),

Inventory:
Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Venom 2x, Potion x2, Holy Bomb, Ice Bomb,Topaz
Eminus (WP: 5; bow), Bone

8518902849_2f7f14fd9d_t.jpg

Heckz Brutenhal, Ghost Buster (Eric-Su)
*poisoned*

32 year old male Mage.

Level: 8

Power: 20

Health: 10/12

Ether: 9/13 (+1 from green apple)

Gold: 0

Equipment:Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12,
Water
Elemental),

Inventory: Opal (
Ice
), Bedroll, Tonic, Amethyst (
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Cheap Wand (WP 3), Topaz (
Lightning
)[borrowed from Flare], Potion

alan.png

-"Crickey!"

Alan, (played by Scorpiox)
*Blinded*
*poisoned*

35 year old Rogue

Level: 10.5

Power: 17

Health: 14/16

Equipment: Whip (WP:7)

Inventory: Potion

Gold: 62

bors.png

-"If that happens one more time, I think I'll die."
*poisoned*

Bors (played by Rumble Strike)

29 year old Ranger

Level: 3

Power: 9

Health: 6/8

Equipment: Flexible Bow (WP: 6), Quiver of Poisoning
(permanent
Poisoned
effect; backwear), [borrowed from Flare]

Inventory: Fire Bomb

The wooden ranger felt like he was finally getting the hang of this hand cannon. The destructive power was refreshing as explosions tore away at his opponents, finishing off one of the foul mouthed lizards facing him. He lit the fuze again and aimed the barrel at his opponent.

Jeaux attacks Spitosaur C from the back row

"We've got them now, don't let up!"

Haldor launches himself at Spitobastard D from the front row.

Alan moans and rubs his eyes.

Battle Order:

Tarn

Benji

Jeaux

Heckz

Alan

Bors

Haldor