Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest #67: Nova Tertia

Benji attacks Spitosaurs A and E.

"Hey, are you guys alright? These newts are a bit more dangerous than I previously estimated, although I'm doing fine."

"Me included, this cloak seems to shielding the worst fo the venom. Alright, keep at it, men."

Haldor continues in his pursuit of Spitobastard D, stopping quickly to attack it when the creature turns. Front row.

Alan writhes around weakly, clutching at his face.

Battle Order:

Tarn

Benji

Heckz

Jeaux

Alan

Bors

Haldor

Bors let out a panicked moan, "Hey guys, I'm really not feeling so good! Don't let me die here!" (does nothing from the back row)

Tarn feels the poison burn his eyes yet again, and tries to clear them. (does nothing from the back row)

OOC: Let Alan use his potion on Bors, and then Bors can attack from the back row Spitosaur C.

Also, is it worth it to remedy Tarn or not? I can cause more damage than him anyways, so maybe its not worth it to waste a turn remedying him?

Edited by Flare

"Benji, I can still Counterstrike whilst Blinded, so unless speed is absolutely critical then I do not need a Remedy."

QM Note: I'll let you guys sort out your strategy, and I'll probably be gone for most of the evening, so I can continue in the morning, or very late tonight maybe.

OoC: No, no, there us no debate, I've been subdued :tongue: Please roll now while you have a chance!

"Alright Tarn, whatever you think works best." Benji grumbled in acknoledgement.

OoC: I just noticed that you have forgotten my +3 power bonus for the entire battle :sceptic::cry_sad:

QM Note:Heckz still has to post... shall I go back and subtract 3 health from each spitosaur you hit each time?

OoC: Yeah sure I guess that be OK. Although actually 12 damage per enemy that I hit, because technixally it would be 3x2x2=12.

Also, assume that Heckz will attack Spitosaur C.

OoC: Yeah sure I guess that be OK. Although actually 12 damage per enemy that I hit, because technixally it would be 3x2x2=12.

Also, assume that Heckz will attack Spitosaur C.

Has it been 24 hours yet? And anyway, I believe that that's my responsibility. :tongue:

Haldor blinks.

"What?"

QM Note: Sadly, it has not been 24 hours, but I do have the time for the stats: A loses 12. D loses 6. E loses 6. B loses 12. (some were hits, others were crit hits)

Enemies:

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur A, Level 15 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 256/700

Specials: Spit- The spitosaur spits in the target's eye, causing the blinded effect and poisoning them.

Drops: Nostrum

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur B, Level 14 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 241/636

Specials: Spit- The spitosaur spits in the target's eye, causing the blinded effect and poisoning them.

Drops: Remedy

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur C, Level 14 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 662/809

Drops: Smelling Salts

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur D, Level 16 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 470/724

Drops: Bone

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur E, Level 18 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 75/433

Drops: Venom

Party:

copy_of_pict0550.jpgHaldor Skovgaard (Played by Scorpiox) *Party Leader*

33 year old male human Nord. Level 26 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Power: 43 (Level 26, +15 WP, +2 from Pugilist's Gloves)

Defence: 7 (Base 0 +2 from Ethereal Cloak, +5 from Heavy Armour)

Health: 35/44 (Base 9, +24 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 28/35 (Base 5, +24 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Gold: 54

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom, Smelling Salts

benji_carvenhall_assassin_mark_ii.png Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer (Flare)

28 years old male half-elven Assassin

Level 28 2/3 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element* *Lucky* *Hastened* *poisoned*

Power: 46 (28+15+3)

Defense: 3

Health: 34/39

Gold: 463

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:15; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors)

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (6), Mead (3), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb 2x

8686823074_56e2890363_t.jpg

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

22 year old human male Raider

Level 22 1/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened
*Blinded*
*poisoned*

Defense
: 7
(6+1)

Health
: 21
/38
(7+21+7+3)

Gold
: 18

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
(WP: 13,
darkness
-elemental,
stun
-effect; greatsword), Darksteel Armor (SP:6, Max. Health +3, Immunity to
Weakened
; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear)
Counterstrike Gloves
(handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level)[borrowed from Flare]

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
(WP: 10;
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade;
Has Phoenix Essence!
axe), Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind
-elemental instrument), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6, spear),
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 2 x Nostrum, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear), Venom

Heroica01.jpg

Jeaux Elmfyre (joeshmoe554)

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 10.5

Power:
(Level 10 + WP: 12 + Artifact boost: 1)

Defense:
0 (-2)

Health: 15/15
(base HP: 6 + Level bonus: 6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle)[borrowed from Flare]
,Ranger's Quiver (WP+1; backwear),

Inventory:
Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Venom 2x, Potion x2, Holy Bomb, Ice Bomb,Topaz
Eminus (WP: 5; bow), Bone

8518902849_2f7f14fd9d_t.jpg

Heckz Brutenhal, Ghost Buster (Eric-Su)
*Blinded*
*poisoned*

32 year old male Mage.

Level: 8

Power: 20

Health: 2/12

Ether: 12/13 (+1 from green apple)

Gold: 0

Equipment:Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12,
Water
Elemental),

Inventory: Opal (
Ice
), Bedroll, Tonic, Amethyst (
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Cheap Wand (WP 3), Topaz (
Lightning
)[borrowed from Flare], Potion

alan.png

-"Crickey!"

Alan, (played by Scorpiox)
*Blinded*
*poisoned*

35 year old Rogue

Level: 10.5

Power: 17

Health: 15/16

Equipment: Whip (WP:7)

Inventory: Potion

Gold: 62

bors.png

-"If that happens one more time, I think I'll die."
*poisoned*

Bors (played by Rumble Strike)

29 year old Ranger

Level: 3

Power: 9

Health: 3/8

Equipment: Flexible Bow (WP: 6), Quiver of Poisoning
(permanent
Poisoned
effect; backwear), [borrowed from Flare]

Inventory: Fire Bomb

Ooc: Aw c'mon party poopers :tongue:

And actually its always 12 extra because both of the x2's are elemental multipliers :wink:

Heckz starts coughing blood and turns to Alan "Would you hand me the potion please?" Heckz casts an Ice Spell at Spitosaur E from the back row.

Didn't notice Heckz' low health, sorry.

Haldor retreats back again, making a move to heal Heckz.

"Aye, we better keep you on your feet."

Revised Battle Order:

Tarn

Benji

Jeaux

Alan

Bors

Haldor

Heckz

Edited by Scorpiox

"Heckz, could you attack D instead? I think that no one is attacking it."

"What's a 'D'? Oh, you mean the ugliest one." Heckz casts an Ice Spell at Spito D from the back row instead.

"What's a 'D'? Oh, you mean the ugliest one." Heckz casts an Ice Spell at Spito D from the back row instead.

"I named him Dee, because its spelled similarly to "die", which is what I hope will happen to him very soon. And yes, he's the ugliest one. Although they all look the same. Which means they're all the ugliest ones. But actually that means that they are all equally ugly. But whatever."

Round 6 of the Spitosaur Hunt

Tarn > nothing

Benji vs. Spitosaur A> Shield Hit (+77 gold)

Benji vs. Spitosaur E> Hit Shield (+77 gold)

Jeaux vs. Spitosaur C> Damage (14/2=7 damage)

Alan> Nothing

Bors> Nothing

Haldor> Heal Heckz -Shield (Heals everyone!/Blood ritual)

Heckz vs. Spitosaur D> Hit (12+8=20x2=40 damage)

Spitosaur B> free hit on Tarn (0 damage (14/2=7-7=0)

Tarn> Counterstrike (22/2=11 damage)

Beni gets mooaaarr gold. Jeaux takes damage, as another creature ferociously pounces on him. The swarm if spitosaurs and the poison makes the battle seem lost, until Haldor starts suddenly shaking and mumbling ancient words. His eyes roll over and the blood of a spitosaur comes out of its body, and it flows into each party member, healing them. Tarn and Spitosaur B keep fighting.

Enemies:

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur A, Level 15 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 256/700

Drops: Nostrum

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur B, Level 14 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 230/636

Drops: Remedy

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur C, Level 14 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 608/809

Drops: Smelling Salts

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur D, Level 16 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 424/724

Drops: Bone

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur E, Level 18 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 69/433

Drops: Venom

Party:

copy_of_pict0550.jpgHaldor Skovgaard (Played by Scorpiox) *Party Leader*

33 year old male human Nord. Level 26 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Power: 43 (Level 26, +15 WP, +2 from Pugilist's Gloves)

Defence: 7 (Base 0 +2 from Ethereal Cloak, +5 from Heavy Armour)

Health: 44/44 (Base 9, +24 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 28/35 (Base 5, +24 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Gold: 54

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom, Smelling Salts

benji_carvenhall_assassin_mark_ii.png Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer (Flare)

28 years old male half-elven Assassin

Level 28 2/3 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element* *Lucky* *Hastened* *poisoned*

Power: 46 (28+15+3)

Defense: 3

Health: 38/39

Gold: 607

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:15; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors)

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (6), Mead (3), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb 2x

8686823074_56e2890363_t.jpg

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

22 year old human male Raider

Level 22 1/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened
*Blinded*
*poisoned*

Defense
: 7
(6+1)

Health
: 37
/38
(7+21+7+3)

Gold
: 18

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
(WP: 13,
darkness
-elemental,
stun
-effect; greatsword), Darksteel Armor (SP:6, Max. Health +3, Immunity to
Weakened
; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear)
Counterstrike Gloves
(handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level)[borrowed from Flare]

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
(WP: 10;
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade;
Has Phoenix Essence!
axe), Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind
-elemental instrument), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6, spear),
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 2 x Nostrum, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear), Venom

Heroica01.jpg

Jeaux Elmfyre (joeshmoe554)

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 10.5

Power:
(Level 10 + WP: 12 + Artifact boost: 1)

Defense:
0 (-2)

Health: 15/15
(base HP: 6 + Level bonus: 6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle)[borrowed from Flare]
,Ranger's Quiver (WP+1; backwear),

Inventory:
Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Venom 2x, Potion x2, Holy Bomb, Ice Bomb,Topaz
Eminus (WP: 5; bow), Bone

8518902849_2f7f14fd9d_t.jpg

Heckz Brutenhal, Ghost Buster (Eric-Su)
*Blinded*
*poisoned*

32 year old male Mage.

Level: 8

Power: 20

Health: 11/12

Ether: 11/13 (+1 from green apple)

Gold: 0

Equipment:Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12,
Water
Elemental),

Inventory: Opal (
Ice
), Bedroll, Tonic, Amethyst (
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Cheap Wand (WP 3), Topaz (
Lightning
)[borrowed from Flare], Potion

alan.png

-"Crickey!"

Alan, (played by Scorpiox)
*Blinded*
*poisoned*

35 year old Rogue

Level: 10.5

Power: 17

Health: 15/16

Equipment: Whip (WP:7)

Inventory: Potion

Gold: 62

bors.png

-"If that happens one more time, I think I'll die."
*poisoned*

Bors (played by Rumble Strike)

29 year old Ranger

Level: 3

Power: 9

Health: 7/8

Equipment: Flexible Bow (WP: 6), Quiver of Poisoning
(permanent
Poisoned
effect; backwear), [borrowed from Flare]

Inventory: Fire Bomb

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

Haldor flexes his shoulders and cracks his neck.

"How's that for a hit? Been a long time since that's happened. Since we're all right now, let's hit as hard and fast as we can."

The nord charges headlong into the crowd of lizards, swinging madly at Spitobastard D from the front row.

Alan cowers feebly.

Battle Order:

Tarn

Benji

Jeaux

Heckz

Alan

Bors

Haldor

OOC: 6 HP doesn't sound right for Spitosaur C, I think the damage would be [(Haldor)9 + (Benji)5 + (Tarn)17 + (Jeaux)7 + (Heckz)10 + (Alan)1 + (Bors)5 = 54], but I haven't seen many battles with shamans so I could very well be wrong. Also Tarn should be at 37 HP since the free hit did no damage, and Heckz should have 11 Ether since he cast a spell.

The automaton felt the lizard bite down on him again. These scaly jerks were starting to get on his nerves. He loaded another round into the hand cannon, these monsters were going down.

Jeaux attacks Spitosaur C from the back row.

"Jeaux, I am still suffering the effects of the blindening, leave Spitosaur C to my Counterstrike. It should fell him."

"Jeaux, I am still suffering the effects of the blindening, leave Spitosaur C to my Counterstrike. It should fell him."

"I think you may be overestimating your abilities a tad lad."

OOC: Unless blood ritual managed to deal 656 damage last round, Spitosaur C has quite a bit more than 6 HP.

Tarn shivered, a reaction to the poison still coursing through his veins despite the healing from the Shaman. Or was it the strange automaton calling him "lad"?

"Apologies, Jeaux. I am feeling a little disorientated. Carry on with whatever attack you wish. I will stay in the back row and do nothing, and Bors will do likewise."

OOC: 6 HP doesn't sound right for Spitosaur C, I think the damage would be [(Haldor)9 + (Benji)5 + (Tarn)17 + (Jeaux)7 + (Heckz)10 + (Alan)1 + (Bors)5 = 54], but I haven't seen many battles with shamans so I could very well be wrong. Also Tarn should be at 37 HP since the free hit did no damage, and Heckz should have 11 Ether since he cast a spell.

QM Note:656? What did I do wrong??? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: Hm, must've been something with the place value. Fixed. And Heckz's ether is fixed. And Tarn's health. Sorry all, I must not have copied something right. :blush: