Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest #67: Nova Tertia

Haldor grasped Heckz' wrist to stop his painting and pulled him away.

"Jeaux, tell him something for me -don't sound particularly nice, but we've got to get him back one way or another- he either walks back with us, or we use force to make him walk back. There's six of us, but only one of him. I hate talking lizards, I thought they were supposed to be thick."

"I see more stirring in the brush, mates. If we get too violent on him, we're going to be surrounded by vicious man-eating newts..."

Tarn listened to the back and forth between Jeaux and the lizard. "I really do not think we are going to be able to talk him into simply coming with us. We have to ask ourselves now - are we all happy for these creatures to go back into cages? If we are, then we will have no option but to fight."

Haldor turned to Tarn.

"I've learnt that arguing over the morality of a job doesn't usually end well for all involved. If you feel that what this mission is wrong, then why'd you come here in the first place? It was clear from the first note that we'd be puttting animals back in cages, so that's what we're gonna do."

Tarn stared hard at the Nord. "I am here to fulfill the terms of this Quest. I failed my last one; as well as a blemish on my record it meant an innocent man's probable death. Now what say you to hitting this lizard on the head?"

QM Note: So what is the final decision? Ready for battle, or anymore talking with the spitosaur?

OoC: If we beat him in battle it means that we can cage him, right? If not I have a different idea.

alan.png

"We have to get only one all by itself with 50 health or under to cage it. Don't kill it! Unless you have a different idea?"

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

"Only one? Aren't there more of these spitosauruses loose?"

"Only one? Aren't there more of these spitosauruses loose?"

alan.png

"Yeah, these critters live in families, and they won't go down without a fight. They'll all die defending each other. If we want to capture one, we have to get it all by itself- and weak so it will not resist."

The automaton turned back to the lizard once again, <"Hmmm, you're more clever than I gave you credit for. Truth be told, I don't much appreciate being trapped in a cage, but that's life. We were hired to bring one of you back with us and that is what we are going to do. One of your number can either come back with us now, or we can kill all of your buddies and bring one of you back with us anyway. Think of the noble sacrifice you would be making to protect your fellow scaly brethren if you were to volunteer, or if there's some really annoying lizard among your number we could take him off your hands for you. I know if I had to choose between my life or that mage's"> Jeaux nodded in Heckz direction, <"I wouldn't hesitate for a second.">

"Alright then, sounds like we'll be taking you the hard way. We can't have all of you guys menacing the island."

Edited by Flare

Heckz looked at Haldor "Haldor if you interrupt me again without knowing what I'm going to do then you better start calling yourself Bald-or." Heckz got loose of Haldor's grip. Poor Jeaux, he doesn't know I understand what he is saying.

Tarn stared hard at the Nord. "I am here to fulfill the terms of this Quest. I failed my last one; as well as a blemish on my record it meant an innocent man's probable death. Now what say you to hitting this lizard on the head?"

"Glad to hear it. We're taking this lizard no matter what it says."

Heckz looked at Haldor "Haldor if you interrupt me again without knowing what I'm going to do then you better start calling yourself Bald-or." Heckz got loose of Haldor's grip. Poor Jeaux, he doesn't know I understand what he is saying.

The nord raised an eyebrow.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you sure you're sane?"

He then turns to Jeaux.

"Ask it how many there are of it nearby, and how close. Then we can decide it its worth taking or whether we have to pull a trick."

Hearing Haldor's request Jeaux asked the lizard, "When you say family. What are we talking here? 2 maybe 3 of you at most? I don't see anyone else nearby"

Hearing Haldor's request Jeaux asked the lizard, "When you say family. What are we talking here? 2 maybe 3 of you at most? I don't see anyone else nearby"

spitosaur.png

"Rrawr, grrr err hss...." *Back off, there's me, and 4 others in my immediate family. There are others on the island of course.*

"Enough wasting time with pleasantries." Benji growled. "Lets get our job done."

"Time we consider our options. Firstly, we've already tried to convince or trick this beast into coming away, and it didn't work, so that's that. The only other thing we can really do is to just take him now before every other critter on the island comes up. Follow up behind me."

Haldor unhitches his axe and creeps very slowly towards the Spitosaur. When he draws close, he prepares to attack.

"Look over there beastie, it's a double rainbow!" The nord points off in some random direction before delivering a sharp kick to the creature's kneecap.

BATTLE ENGAGED!!!

The spitosaur screeches, and behind the bushes, bigger creatures appear. PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies:

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur A, Level 15 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 700/700

Specials: Spit- The spitosaur spits in the target's eye, causing the blinded effect and poisoning them.

Drops: Nostrum

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur B, Level 14 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 636/636

Specials: Spit- The spitosaur spits in the target's eye, causing the blinded effect and poisoning them.

Drops: Remedy

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur C, Level 14 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 809/809

Drops: Smelling Salts

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur D, Level 16 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 724/724

Drops: Bone

spitosaur.png

Spitosaur E, Level 18 Beast *Immune to Instakill*

Health: 433/433

Drops: Venom

Party:

copy_of_pict0550.jpgHaldor Skovgaard (Played by Scorpiox) *Party Leader*

33 year old male human Nord. Level 26 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Power: 43 (Level 26, +15 WP, +2 from Pugilist's Gloves)

Defence: 7 (Base 0 +2 from Ethereal Cloak, +5 from Heavy Armour)

Health: 44/44 (Base 9, +24 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 30/35 (Base 5, +24 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Gold: 54

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom, Smelling Salts

benji_carvenhall_assassin_mark_ii.png Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer (Flare)

28 years old male half-elven Assassin

Level 28 2/3 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element*

Power: 46 (28+15+3)

Defense: 3

Health: 39/39

Gold: 1

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:15; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors)

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (4), Smelling Salts (7), Mead (3), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb 2x

8686823074_56e2890363_t.jpg

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

22 year old human male Raider

Level 22 1/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Power
: 35
(22+13)

Defense
: 7
(6+1)

Health
: 38/38
(7+21+7+3)

Gold
: 18

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
(WP: 13,
darkness
-elemental,
stun
-effect; greatsword), Darksteel Armor (SP:6, Max. Health +3, Immunity to
Weakened
; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear)
Counterstrike Gloves
(handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level)[borrowed from Flare]

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
(WP: 10;
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade;
Has Phoenix Essence!
axe), Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind
-elemental instrument), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6, spear),
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 2 x Nostrum, 2 x Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear), Venom

Heroica01.jpg

Jeaux Elmfyre (joeshmoe554)

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 10.5

Power:
(Level 10 + WP: 12 + Artifact boost: 1)

Defense:
0 (-2)

Health: 15/15
(base HP: 6 + Level bonus: 6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle)[borrowed from Flare]
,Ranger's Quiver (WP+1; backwear),

Inventory:
Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Venom 2x, Potion x2, Holy Bomb, Ice Bomb,Topaz
Eminus (WP: 5; bow), Bone

8518902849_2f7f14fd9d_t.jpg

Heckz Brutenhal, Ghost Buster (Eric-Su)

32 year old male Mage.

Level: 8

Power: 20

Health: 12/12

Ether: 12/13 (+1 from green apple)

Gold: 0

Equipment:Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12,
Water
Elemental),

Inventory: Opal (
Ice
), Bedroll, Tonic, Amethyst (
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Cheap Wand (WP 3), Topaz (
Lightning
)[borrowed from Flare], Potion

alan.png

-"Crickey!"

Alan, (played by Scorpiox)

35 year old Rogue

Level: 10.5

Power: 17

Health: 16/16

Equipment: Whip (WP:7)

Inventory: Potion

bors.png

-"If that happens one more time, I think I'll die."

Bors (played by Rumble Strike)

29 year old Ranger

Level: 3

Power: 9

Health: 8/8

Equipment: Flexible Bow (WP: 6), Quiver of Poisoning
(permanent
Poisoned
effect; backwear), [borrowed from Flare]

Inventory: Fire Bomb

OoC: The conditions is that we need to defeat all but one of them, right? And the remaining one with 50 or less health, correct?

Benji attacks Spitosaur C twice from the back row.

OoC: I drank a nostrum and smelling salts earlier.

Benji laughs mockingly at the spitosaurs, "And you prefer death to captivity? Stupid reptiles."

Turning to the party he exclaims: "Leave the weakest one to be counterstruck (nearly) to death, that way we can make sure to capture one and not kill it by mistake."

Edited by Flare

The automaton aims the festive hand cannon at one of the lizard opponents, trying to remember the lessons he learned from the party's last battle.

Jeaux attacks Spitosaur B from the back row.

OOC: Switched target

Edited by joeshmoe554

Tarn takes on Spitosaur E from the front row using Helbaerend for its double damage to Beasts.

Bors attacks Spitosaur A from the back row. "Be careful Bors!" shouts Tarn. "That goes for everyone."