Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest #67: Nova Tertia

Round 6 of the Hike to Spitosaur Springs!

Tarn vs. Frog F- Shield (10+22=32x2=64x2=128-126 damage) 11 gold earned

Benji vs. Frog F> Hit damage CERTAIN DOOM FOR POOR FROGGY!

Benji vs. Frog F> Damage damage

Jeaux vs. Frog F> Damage

Heckz vs. Frog F> Critical Hit

Alan> nothing

Haldor> heals Tarn> Heal

Tarn hits the frog, and somehow manages to find gold coming out of the frog's organs. Benji precisley aims, and shoots the frog. THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS! How will the spoils be divided?

Potion

Smelling Salts

Venom 2x

Bone

Water Bomb

Party:

copy_of_pict0550.jpgHaldor Skovgaard (Played by Scorpiox) *Party Leader*

33 year old male human Nord. Level 26 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Power: 43 (Level 26, +15 WP, +2 from Pugilist's Gloves)

Defence: 7 (Base 0 +2 from Ethereal Cloak, +5 from Heavy Armour)

Health: 31/44 (Base 9, +24 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 35/35 (Base 5, +24 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Gold: 54

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom.

benji_carvenhall_assassin_mark_ii.png Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer (Flare)

28 years old male half-elven Assassin

Level 28 2/3 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element*

Power: 46 (28+15+3)

Defense: 3

Health: 34/39

Gold: 1

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:15; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors)

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Quiver of Poisoning (permanent Poisoned effect; backwear), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (4), Smelling Salts (7), Mead (3), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb

8686823074_56e2890363_t.jpg

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

22 year old human male Raider

Level 22 1/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Power
: 35
(22+13)

Defense
: 7
(6+1)

Health
: 38/38
(7+21+7+3)

Gold
: 18

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
(WP: 13,
darkness
-elemental,
stun
-effect; greatsword), Darksteel Armor (SP:6, Max. Health +3, Immunity to
Weakened
; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear)
Counterstrike Gloves
(handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level)[borrowed from Flare]

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
(WP: 10;
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade;
Has Phoenix Essence!
axe), Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind
-elemental instrument), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6, spear),
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 2 x Nostrum, 2 x Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear)

Heroica01.jpg

Jeaux Elmfyre (joeshmoe554)

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 11

Power:
(Level 11 + WP: 12 + Artifact boost: 1)

Defense:
0 (-2)

Health:
9/16
(base HP: 6 + Level bonus: 6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle)[borrowed from Flare]
,Ranger's Quiver (WP+1; backwear),

Inventory:
Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Venom, Potion x2, Holy Bomb, Ice Bomb,Topaz
Eminus (WP: 5; bow),

8518902849_2f7f14fd9d_t.jpg

Heckz Brutenhal, Ghost Buster (Eric-Su)

32 year old male Mage.

Level: 8

Power: 20

Health: 7/12

Ether: 12/13 (+1 from green apple)

Gold: 0

Equipment:Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12,
Water
Elemental),

Inventory: Opal (
Ice
), Bedroll, Tonic, Amethyst (
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Cheap Wand (WP 3), Topaz (
Lightning
)[borrowed from Flare]

alan.png

-"Crickey!"

Alan, (played by Scorpiox)

35 year old Rogue

Level: 10.5

Power: 17

Health: 4/16

Equipment: Whip (WP:7)

Inventory: Potion

bors.png

-"If that happens one more time, I think I'll die."

Bors (played by Rumble Strike)

29 year old Ranger

Level: 3

Power: 9

Health: 1/8

Equipment: Flexible Bow (WP: 6)

Inventory: Fire Bomb

alan.png

"Those were some killer frogs eh? Good work mates, I owe you one."

Benji drinks a nostrum and smelling salts.

"Alright everyone, drink up your potions."

Edited by Flare

Benji drinks a potion, and also uses a nostrum and smelling salts.

"Alright everyone, drink up your potions."

My natural respite should heal me.

"I think you're forgetting that I was a cleric before shaman. Save your brews, I'll fix you all up."

Haldor heals Benji, Jeaux, Heckz, Alan and Bors in quick succession.

"Good work, team, you all dealt with those quite effectively. Let's try and keep the guides alive next time, perhaps? I think we'll be ready to move out again soon, once everyone else is happy to do so."

Loot!

Potion - Heckz

Smelling Salts - Haldor

Venoms - Tarn and Jeaux

Bone - Jeaux

Water Bomb - Benji

Edited by Scorpiox

OOC: I don't think Tarn should have done that much damage. A Raider Shield roll is WP+level. This would then have been doubled due to the weapon being doubly effective against beasts. I think you then doubled it again. It doesn't matter in terms of the round as Flare or Heckz would have killed the frog anyway.

Tarn went to check on Bors. "How are you feeling? Benji, do you think Bors could use some of your old Ranger items?"

"Alright, Bors, I do have this extra quiver that you can borrow if you want..." Benji grumbles. He had expected to make some gold out of those frogs, but his ambitions had turned out fruitless to Benji's dismay. This left Benji in a grumpy state of mind.

Benji lends his poisoned quiver to Bors for the duration of the quest.

Party:

33 year old male human Nord. Level 26 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Health: 44/44 (Base 9, +24 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 3035 (Base 5, +24 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom, Smelling Salts

benji_carvenhall_assassin_mark_ii.png Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer (Flare)

Level 28 2/3 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element*

Health: 39/39

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:15; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors)

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (4), Smelling Salts (7), Mead (3), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb 2x

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

Level 22 1/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Power
(22+13)

Defense
(6+1)

Health
(7+21+7+3)

Gold

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
darkness
-elemental,
stun
Weakened
; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear)
Counterstrike Gloves
(handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level)[borrowed from Flare]

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
water
ice
- and
lightning
Has Phoenix Essence!
wind
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 2 x Nostrum, 2 x Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear), Venom

Heroica01.jpg

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 11

Power:
(Level 11 + WP: 12 + Artifact boost: 1)

Defense:
0 (-2)

Health: 16
/16

Gold:

Equipment:
Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle)[borrowed from Flare]

Inventory:
Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Venom 2x, Potion x2, Holy Bomb, Ice Bomb,Topaz
Eminus (WP: 5; bow), Bone

32 year old male Mage.

Health: 12/12

Water
Elemental),

Ice
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Lightning
)[borrowed from Flare], Potion

alan.png

-"Crickey!"

35 year old Rogue

Health: 16/16

bors.png

29 year old Ranger

Health: 8/8

Equipment: Flexible Bow (WP: 6), Quiver of Poisoning
(permanent
Poisoned
effect; backwear), [borrowed from Flare]

bors.png

"I feel awful, that venom is some nasty stuff. I might die if anything else gets in my system."

alan.png

"We ready to find those spitosaurs?"

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

"Lets get a move on. Don't worry Bors, we'll take care of you." Benji unconvincingly says, still gloomy.

OOC: Jeaux should only be at level 10.5

"We might as well keep moving, I'd prefer to not be here in the event that more of those frogs appear."

Edited by joeshmoe554

You hike a bit farther, and the bushes begin to rustle. The bushes come apart, and out of the foliage, a small bipedal creature emerges. It looks straight up at Jeaux. What does the party do?

img_3645.jpg

spitosaur.png

"Rrrrr....."

Party:

Health: 44/44 (Base 9, +24 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 30/35 (Base 5, +24 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Inventory: Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom, Smelling Salts

Health: 39/39

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (4), Smelling Salts (7), Mead (3), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb 2x

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

Level 22 1/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Power
(22+13)

Defense
(6+1)

Health
(7+21+7+3)

Gold

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
darkness
-elemental,
stun
Weakened
Counterstrike Gloves

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
water
ice
- and
lightning
Has Phoenix Essence!
wind
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear), Venom

Heroica01.jpg

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 10.5

Power:
(Level 10 + WP: 12 + Artifact boost: 1)

Defense:
0 (-2)

Health: 15/15

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:
Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Venom 2x, Potion x2, Holy Bomb, Ice Bomb,Topaz
Eminus (WP: 5; bow), Bone

32 year old male Mage.

Health: 12/12

Water
Elemental),

Ice
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Lightning
)[borrowed from Flare], Potion

alan.png

-"Crickey!"

35 year old Rogue

Health: 16/16

bors.png

29 year old Ranger

Health: 8/8

Equipment: Flexible Bow (WP: 6), Quiver of Poisoning
(permanent
Poisoned
effect; backwear), [borrowed from Flare]

OOC: Heckz should be at full health.

Benji freezes when he sees the large lizard. He whispers quickly to the other party members: "Don't surprise him. Notice his teeth." and quickly adds "There are more back there. Prepare for a fight. Oh yeah, and protect your eyes."

Benji starts to speak with the lizard, making spitting and purring noises. <"Hello friend. My name is Benji. What is yours? If this is your territory, then please forgive us for we are a bit lost. We don't intend to be intruding."> he said more gently than expected for an assassin. Benji offers out his hand in friendship, but is quick to retract his hand if the lizard's teeth get too close.

Edited by Flare

"Hello", Jeaux says to the rather large reptilian creature

spitosaur.png

"Rrr.. errr...." *I'm warning you, back off, this is our home! Last chance to turn around!*

Ooc: Note my post :wink:

Edited by Flare

OOC: Assasin's don't have Animal Talk.

Heckz whispered only so that the other overly large newts didn't hear him "How in the name of Helvetia am I supposed to cover my e-" Heckz grabbed something from inside his coat and it turned out to be the glasses he used on his past quest. He put them on.

OoC: Meh. I see that you're right. Well, Jeaux should say what Benji said then.

Jeaux translates for the assassin who appeared to have lost his ability to communicate with the creatures of nature.

Jeaux translates for the assassin who appeared to have lost his ability to communicate with the creatures of nature.

spitosaur.png

"Rawr? Grr.... rr..." *Lost, how do you get lost humanoid? Just stick to the path, you have 5 seconds to leave or 5 seconds to become food, your choice.*

After Jeaux had finished translating the message to the rest of his party he addressed the lizard. "I haven't seen a path." Jeaux turned to his fellow party members, "Have any of you seen a path?" Jeaux had a feeling this was one of the creatures they had been hired to capture and retreat would not likely be an option.

"Actually there's a path right there." Heckz points to whatever tree or bush he saw. Heckz got closer to Jeaux so he could translate "Tell him we are all infected and that you are just a bunch of metal."

Jeaux looks in the direction Heckz is pointing and sees nothing in that direction. After hearing Heckz request a shadow begins to eclipse his features until his surface is as dark as night. He addresses the lizard before the party once again, the slithery, whispery sounds unintelligible to one not attuned to the voice of nature.

<"Our guides have not indicated any path for us to follow. As to making us lunch, I don't know if you have smelled the two more barbaric members of this party."> The automaton makes a gesture in the direction of Tarn and Haldor, <", but I have a hard time believing they would be very fit for eating. This mage might make a tasty treat, but you could hardly get much of a meal from him, and then you'd probably be even hungrier than you were before eating him. I have a feeling our guides might have some cuisine very much to your liking, if you would allow us to escort you back to our camp.">

Jeaux then turned back in the direction of Heckz, "I translated your message, let's hope he buys it."

spitosaur.png

"Rawwwr!? Rrr groar!" *Really? Escort me to your camp? What are you going to do, put me in a zoo again? Ship me to Salamanda? How would you like to be locked in a cage or crate all your life?*

Heckz grabbed some white paint from under his coat and started painting the automaton's face white. And in the meantime he spoke to him "Tell him free food doesn't sound too bad."