Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest #67: Nova Tertia

OoC: Hi guys. I'm on my way home and I am just checking up on my phone. I just want to request a little bit of time for me to get a couple trades done and finish my shopping in the marketplace done and then Benji will be ready to participate!

Edited by Flare

Tarn hands back the Whip. "I can't use this, Haldor. It is a weapon for a Rogue."

He listened to the reasoning to head to the Spitosaur Springs, and nodded in agreement. "I think they will be a good first stop on this tour! Bors, Alan, what kind of lizards are these?"

QM Note: Before I head you off to the springs, I have to tell you, no one can get 5 gold on the previous page, that was the cost of them. :blush:

alan.png

"We'll have to hike up a small river, and then we'll find some Spitosaurs. They're usually aquatic like. But be careful mate! They like to spit into your eyes! Crickey, the poison they spit will make you go blind."

OoC: Capn, I was planning on switching Benji to assassin but I didn't get to do it since I was gone. Is it alright if I do that quickly also?

Edited by Flare

QM Note: Sure, but if you're as lucky as you were with SHIELDS in Princess Panic, you'll regret it! :grin:

"Haldor, I think those items were for sale, rather than for you to simply just take them. You've done a lot of that recently :hmpf_bad: "

"Haldor, I think those items were for sale, rather than for you to simply just take them. You've done a lot of that recently :hmpf_bad: "

alan.png

"Indeed they were! Those are all we got. We need as much money as possible to pay for the damages."

Party:

copy_of_pict0550.jpgHaldor Skovgaard (Played by Scorpiox) *Party Leader*

33 year old male human Nord. Level 252/3 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Power: 42 (Level 25, +14 WP, +2 from Pugilist's Gloves)

Defence: 7 (Base 0 +2 from Ethereal Cloak, +5 from Heavy Armour)

Health: 44/44 (Base 9, +25 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 35/35 (Base 5, +25 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Gold: 54

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom.

icon.png Benji Carvenhall (Flare)

28 years old male half-elven Warden

Level 27.66 *Gains Triple XP* *Counterstriking* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects*

Power: 40 (27+13)

Defense: 10 (7+3)

Health: 41/41 (6+26+8+1)

Gold: 571

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:13; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Counterstrike Gloves (handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3)

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle), Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Quiver of Poisoning (permanent Poisoned effect; backwear), Wooden Shield (SP:5, immune to wood elemental), Pointy Hat (+2 maximum ether), Health Core (2), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (5), Smelling Salts (5), Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Topaz (Lightning), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb,

8686823074_56e2890363_t.jpg

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

22 year old human male Raider

Level 22
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Power
: 35
(22+13)

Defense
: 7
(6+1)

Health
: 38/38
(7+21+7+3)

Gold
: 1

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
(WP: 13,
darkness
-elemental,
stun
-effect; greatsword), Darksteel Armor (SP:6, Max. Health +3, Immunity to
Weakened
; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear)

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
(WP: 10;
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade;
Has Phoenix Essence!
axe), Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind
-elemental instrument), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6, spear),
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 2 x Nostrum, 2 x Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear)

Heroica01.jpg

Jeaux Elmfyre (joeshmoe554)

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 10

Power:
(Level 7 + WP: 5 + Artifact boost: 1)

Defense:
0 (-2)

Health:
15/15
(base HP: 6 + Level bonus: 6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Eminus (WP: 5; bow), Ranger's Quiver (WP+1; backwear),

Inventory:
Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Venom, Potion x3, Holy Bomb, Ice Bomb, Remedy, Topaz

8518902849_2f7f14fd9d_t.jpg

Heckz Brutenhal, Ghost Buster (Eric-Su)

32 year old male Mage.

Level: 7

Power: 10

Health: 11/11

Ether: 12/12 (+1 from green apple)

Gold: 0

Equipment:Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12,
Water
Elemental), Cheap Wand (WP 3)

Inventory: Opal (
Ice
), Bedroll, Tonic, Amethyst (
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood)

alan.png

-"Be careful."

Alan, (played by Scorpiox)

35 year old Rogue

Level: 10

Power: 17

Health: 16/16

Equipment: Whip (WP:7)

Inventory: Potion, Remedy

bors.png

-"Hold on to yer butts."

Bors (played by Rumble Strike)

29 year old Ranger

Level: 3

Power: 9

Health: 8/8

Equipment: Flexible Bow (WP: 6)

Inventory: Fire Bomb

Benji runs in, (sorry haven't even read the beginning yet, sorry for my absence!!) looking quite different than the warden that Benji once was.

Updated Stats:

benji_carvenhall_assassin_mark_ii.png Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer (Flare)

28 years old male half-elven Assassin

Level 27.66 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element*

Power: 45 (27+15+3)

Defense: 3

Health: 38/38 (6+26+5+1)

Gold: 511

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:15; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors)

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Counterstrike Gloves (handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level),Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Quiver of Poisoning (permanent Poisoned effect; backwear), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (5), Smelling Salts (8), Mead (3), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Topaz (Lightning), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb

---

"Does anyone want to borrow any of my extra equipment? You, ranger, you could borrow my handcannon, or the mage fellow can borrow any of my extra gems if he desires. I will have no need of them for this quest. I also have some extra artifacts that I haven't sold off yet, if anyone is interested in purchasing or borrowing... Also Haldor, those claws of yours look awful nice, think I might be able to buy them off of you at the end of the quest?"

"I'm not sure I know all of you. Well, yes, hi Haldor its good to be questing with you. Whats your name, fellow ranger? And you're that mage I was talking with earlier, whats your name son?" Benji asks out of breath.

While waiting for his companions to respond to his questions, Benji takes a smelling salts and nostrum.

QM Note: Sure, but if you're as lucky as you were with SHIELDS in Princess Panic, you'll regret it! :grin:

I was a warden, then, anyways :look:

Edited by Flare

Once again, my reading ability is found wanting,

Haldor blinks.

"Aye.... Glad to see you've caught up with us, Benji, part of me was worrying you'd never arrive."

He then walks up to Alan.

"So these lizards spit venom? Clue in the name, I guess. How many of them are we expecting to see, and how big?"

The nord looks around at the two weaker heroes, with a slightly nervous expression.

"About this blindness thing... is it, er, permanent?"

Edited by Scorpiox

"I'm not sure I know all of you. Well, yes, hi Haldor its good to be questing with you. Whats your name, fellow ranger? And you're that mage I was talking with earlier, whats your name son?" Benji asks out of breath.

The hooded assassin who had joined the party finally spoke up. "My name is Jeaux, I am still fairly new to Heroica, but I do have some experience dispatching a variety of enemies. That hand-cannon does look a decent bit more powerful than my current bow, I don't have much experience using weapons such as that but if you are willing to lend it to me, I am willing to give it a shot."

"Good to meet you, Jeaux." Benji stares into the ranger's plain white face, trying to determine his emotions. "I'm Benji. Using a handcannon is just as easy as a bow. With just a little practice it will become just as natural for you."

Benji gives his Grogmas Handcannon to Jeaux for the remainder of the quest.

"Benji, I would appreciate the use of those Counterstrike Gloves, especially if we will be facing many enemies."

OOC: I have only 2 artefacts equipped and I can equip 3 now I am above level 20.

"Hello there. Tarn, correct? Nice to meet you. Sure, you can borrow my counterstrike gloves for the rest of the quest. So, feeling ready to take down some big newts?"

Heckz should only have the Heavy Metal Rod in his inventory, and not the Cheap Wand also. Also his power should be at 19.

Also Haldor's level increases should be +24 not +25

"Thank you, I'll try to make good use of it and not break it in the process." Jeaux replied while accepting the hand-cannon

"About this blindness thing... is it, er, permanent?"

Jeaux turned to the apparent expert on these lizards, "Yes could we get some more information about the animals we'll be facing. What kind of range can they achieve with their phlegm projectiles? What kind of metabolism do they have? What's their growth rate? Any information you can provide may help us in apprehending them safely."

"Thank you Benji. We have met before, in the Hall, I bought the Horned Hat from you. Unfortunately I cannot wear it as well as this noble mask."

Tarn equips the Counterstrike Gloves.

Heckz turns to Benji "Name's Heckz Brutenhal, Ghost Buster, Professional Actor and most handsome man in Eubric. I think that Topaz will do."

Heckz notices Jeaux asking a lot of questions and he interrups with a grin "Are they good looking?".

Benji internally facepalms as he meets Heckz, but in any case decides to lend to Heckz his topaz for the duration of the quest.

alan.png

"Are they good lookin'? Crickey mage, you tell me. 120 pounds of pure hate and venom comin' at you. All I know is, their poison has the range to reach us. I'm not sure if it's permanent, but small amount shouldn't do too much harm. Oh, and they're about as tall as you. Are we ready to go?"

QM Note: Flare, why does Haldor have +24 instead of 25? I thought he said it was 25. :wacko:

Party:

copy_of_pict0550.jpgHaldor Skovgaard (Played by Scorpiox) *Party Leader*

33 year old male human Nord. Level 252/3 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Power: 41 (Level 24, +15 WP, +2 from Pugilist's Gloves)

Defence: 7 (Base 0 +2 from Ethereal Cloak, +5 from Heavy Armour)

Health: 43/43 (Base 9, +24 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 34/34 (Base 5, +24 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Gold: 54

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom.

benji_carvenhall_assassin_mark_ii.png Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer (Flare)

28 years old male half-elven Assassin

Level 27.66 *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects and Wood Element* *Hastened* *Lucky*

Power: 45 (27+15+3)

Defense: 3

Health: 38/38 (6+26+5+1)

Gold: 511

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:15; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors)

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), ,Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Quiver of Poisoning (permanent Poisoned effect; backwear), Health Core (7), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (4), Smelling Salts (7), Mead (3), Mulled Wine, Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb

8686823074_56e2890363_t.jpg

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

22 year old human male Raider

Level 22
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Power
: 35
(22+13)

Defense
: 7
(6+1)

Health
: 38/38
(7+21+7+3)

Gold
: 1

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
(WP: 13,
darkness
-elemental,
stun
-effect; greatsword), Darksteel Armor (SP:6, Max. Health +3, Immunity to
Weakened
; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear)
Counterstrike Gloves
(handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level)

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
(WP: 10;
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade;
Has Phoenix Essence!
axe), Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind
-elemental instrument), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6, spear),
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 2 x Nostrum, 2 x Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear)

Heroica01.jpg

Jeaux Elmfyre (joeshmoe554)

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 10

Power:
(Level 10 + WP: 12 + Artifact boost: 1)

Defense:
0 (-2)

Health:
15/15
(base HP: 6 + Level bonus: 6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle)
,Ranger's Quiver (WP+1; backwear),

Inventory:
Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Venom, Potion x3, Holy Bomb, Ice Bomb, Remedy, Topaz
Eminus (WP: 5; bow),

8518902849_2f7f14fd9d_t.jpg

Heckz Brutenhal, Ghost Buster (Eric-Su)

32 year old male Mage.

Level: 7

Power: 1

Health: 11/11

Ether: 12/12 (+1 from green apple)

Gold: 0

Equipment:Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12,
Water
Elemental),

Inventory: Opal (
Ice
), Bedroll, Tonic, Amethyst (
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood),
Cheap Wand (WP 3), Topaz (
Lightning
),

alan.png

-"Be careful."

Alan, (played by Scorpiox)

35 year old Rogue

Level: 10

Power: 17

Health: 16/16

Equipment: Whip (WP:7)

Inventory: Potion, Remedy

bors.png

-"Hold on to yer butts."

Bors (played by Rumble Strike)

29 year old Ranger

Level: 3

Power: 9

Health: 8/8

Equipment: Flexible Bow (WP: 6)

Inventory: Fire Bomb
Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

OOC: Flare is right, Haldor's level increase should be +24 as he started at level 1 and is now level 25. I have been confused by that before as a QM.

Tarn smiled as encouraging a smile as he could manage through the noble mask, towards his Quest mates and allies. "I am ready to head out to the Springs."

QM Note: Post edited, and now says 24. We'll resume once the leader has given the word.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

OoC: Yup. But now his power isnt right, because the power should be 25+ not 24+, because the power includes the level not the level increase. And my gold should be at 1 i think (my fault)