Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest #67: Nova Tertia

title.jpg

~This quest is for chosen heroes only. If you wish to play, head over to the Rules and Discussion thread to learn how to do so.~

Bors takes you on a rickety boat, and you sail to an island. It looks tropical, with a large mountain in the very center. You notice the mountain has smoke coming out of the top. You beach the boat, and are led into the jungle, where you see someone behind a fence.

img_3632.jpg

alan.png

"Bors, thank goodness, we couldn't go any longer with out help! Heroes, I am Alan, I work for Maramaduc of Salamanda. He wanted very exotic creatures, so we captured some to put on display. It seems only this island has them, and nowhere else. And then disaster struck. Somehow, they escaped, and are running loose. I need you to round them up, we'll help you. But be careful. This creatures are like giant lizards. They are extremely dangerous and smart, especially those Velocinoids."

Party:

copy_of_pict0550.jpgHaldor Skovgaard (Played by Scorpiox) *Party Leader*

33 year old male human Nord. Level 252/3 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Power: 41 (Level 24, +14 WP, +2 from Pugilist's Gloves)

Defence: 7 (Base 0 +2 from Ethereal Cloak, +5 from Heavy Armour)

Health: 43/43 (Base 9, +24 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 34/34 (Base 5, +24 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Gold: 54

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12, Water Elemental), Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Emerald (Wood), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom.

icon.png Benji Carvenhall (Flare)

28 years old male half-elven Warden

Level 27.66 *Gains Triple XP* *Counterstriking* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects*

Power: 40 (27+13)

Defense: 10 (7+3)

Health: 41/41 (6+26+8+1)

Gold: 571

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:13; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Counterstrike Gloves (handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3)

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle), Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Quiver of Poisoning (permanent Poisoned effect; backwear), Wooden Shield (SP:5, immune to wood elemental), Pointy Hat (+2 maximum ether), Health Core (2), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (5), Smelling Salts (5), Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Topaz (Lightning), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb,

8686823074_56e2890363_t.jpg

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

22 year old human male Raider

Level 22
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Power
: 35
(22+13)

Defense
: 7
(6+1)

Health
: 38/38
(7+21+7+3)

Gold
: 9

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
(WP: 13,
darkness
-elemental,
stun
-effect; greatsword), Darksteel Armor (SP:6, Max. Health +3, Immunity to
Weakened
; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear)

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
(WP: 10;
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade; axe), Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind
-elemental instrument), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6, spear),
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 2 x Nostrum, 2 x Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear)

Heroica01.jpg

Jeaux Elmfyre (joeshmoe554)

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 10

Power:
(Level 7 + WP: 5 + Artifact boost: 1)

Defense:
0 (-2)

Health:
15/15
(base HP: 6 + Level bonus: 6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Eminus (WP: 5; bow), Ranger's Quiver (WP+1; backwear),

Inventory:
Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Venom, Potion x3, Holy Bomb, Ice Bomb, Remedy, Topaz

8518902849_2f7f14fd9d_t.jpg

Heckz Brutenhal, Ghost Buster (Eric-Su)

32 year old male Mage.

Level: 7

Power: 10

Health: 11

Ether: 11

Gold: 12

Equipment: Cheap Wand (WP 3)

Inventory: Opal (
Ice
), Bedroll, Tonic, Amethyst (
Darkness
).

QM Note:
Thanks for playing, you have 24 hours to confirm. Please let me know if you bought any items.

Tarn addressed the worried men. "Fear not, We heroes of Heroica shall scour this island for these lizards for you. Do you have any idea where they may have gone?"

While he was talking, the Raider slotted his Phoenix Essence into his hollow bladed axe so that he could use it whilst attacking.

OOC: Stats are all fine

Edited by Rumble Strike

"Is there anyone else on this island? You mentioned something in the hall about the lizards attacking people." Jeaux glanced at the other individuals in the party. He knew insane mage from the cemetery, but the other three were unknown to him. From their appearance it seems they were experienced heroes who had likely been in the business for some time.

OOC: Stats are correct

Edited by joeshmoe554

QM Note: How does that work exactly? You can attack and revive someone at the same time? (Similar to hastened) Or do you have to attack the person you want to revive? :wacko:

alan.png

"Yes, we have a few workers, but I fear they are dead now. We've been trapped on this island for a long time."

"Fear not, Heckz Brutenhal is her--" Heckz noticed Jeaux near the three men. Oh noes, not the lunatic, multi-personatlity, boring ranger again..

Edited by Eric Su

Edit: Just noticed that my health, power and ether are all one level too low.

Haldor tried not to trip over any roots as they marched through the forest. Once they came to a stop, he turned to Alan.

"Hmm, sounds like you have a bit of a problem there. Nothing we can't handle though, I give you my word about that. These lizards then, anything we ought to know about 'em? Poisonous, firebreathing - that sort of thing? First step is to know your enemy, that's half the battle."

The nord looked closely at his questmates, it would be better if they got off to a good start.

"Tarn, Benji, I know you both. Still, I believe this is the first time we'll be fighting alongside each other."

The other two were unknown to Haldor, they must have joined some time when he was off fighting Wren.

"Mage, what's your name? And you too, ranger, I don't think we've met before. Name's Haldor, it seems that I'll be running this merry band for today. First off, here's how we roll; I operate on a zero tolerance to bollocks, and would prefer to leave out any nonsense. Basically, you all work hard and we get the job done, and they'll be no problems, that clear?"

The shaman grinned, producing a flask of something suspiciously alcoholic from behind his back.

"Don't worry, I won't be too hard on ya'."

Edited by Scorpiox

OOC: basically I can slot any consumable into the hollow blade and use it whilst still being able to attack in the same turn.

Tarn looked at his fellow heroes. He knew Haldor and Benji from being in the Hall, although he had never Quested with them. The newer heroes were a bit of a mystery to him.

Heckz turned to Haldor. "Heckz Brutenhal, temporarily at your service. I noticed an Emerald at your inventory...I may have more use for it than you do."

alan.png

"Poisonous? Some are. They're pretty big buggers. They also have some brains. It'd be wise to look behind you every so often mate."

Alan and Bors Join the party!

Party:

33 year old male human Nord. Level 252/3 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Power: 42 (Level 25, +14 WP, +2 from Pugilist's Gloves)

Health: 44/44 (Base 9, +25 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 35/35 (Base 5, +25 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12, Water Elemental), Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Emerald (Wood), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom.

Level 27.66 *Gains Triple XP* *Counterstriking* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects*

Equipment: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:13; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind-, earth-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, frail, and weakened effects), Counterstrike Gloves (handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3)

Inventory: Golden Handcannon (WP:9; lightning-, light-elemental), Grogmas Handcannon (WP:12 + the number of the round of battle), Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Quiver of Poisoning (permanent Poisoned effect; backwear), Wooden Shield (SP:5, immune to wood elemental), Pointy Hat (+2 maximum ether), Health Core (2), Grand Potion (8), Potion, Remedy (5), Phoenix Essence (4), Phoenix Incense (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (5), Smelling Salts (5), Venom, Smoke Bomb (2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Emerald (Wood), Topaz (Lightning), Aquamarine (Water), Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb,

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

Level 22
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Power
(22+13)

Defense
(6+1)

Health
(7+21+7+3)

Gold

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
darkness
-elemental,
stun
Weakened
; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear)

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade;
Has Phoenix Essence!
axe), Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind
2 x Mead, 2 x Smelling Salts, 2 x Nostrum, 2 x Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear)

Heroica01.jpg

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 10

Power:

Defense:
0 (-2)

Health:
15/15

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:

32 year old male Mage.

Health: 11/11

Ether: 11/11

Equipment: Cheap Wand (WP 3)

Ice
Darkness
).

alan.png

-"Be careful."

Alan, (played by Scorpiox)

35 year old Rogue

Level: 10

Power: 17

Health: 16/16

Equipment: Whip (WP:7)

Inventory: Potion, Remedy

bors.png

-"Hold on to yer butts."

Bors (played by Rumble Strike)

29 year old Ranger

Level: 3

Power: 9

Health: 8/8

Equipment: Flexible Bow (WP: 6)

Inventory: Fire Bomb

QM Note:
If anyone wants to control the battle actions of Alan and Bors, you can decide who does. I just gave it to the 2 powerful players who have confirmed. ALSO, I'll be going to the LEGO store soon, and I'll continue the quest when I get back this afternoon. This will include a map and information, etc. So you can talk amongst yourselves.

Haldor tossed his emerald to Heckz, taking care not to aim for his face.

"Here, take it. You spell-flingers seem to be able to find a use for everything! You're also welcome to borrow my rod for this quest, if you like. It's pretty powerful."

Realising the potential danger of tossing a huge great metal bar at someone, the nord carefully passes his Heavy Metal Rod to Heckz. He then turned his head back in an awesome way to face the group.

"Alright ramblers, let's get rambling!"

Haldor tossed his emerald to Heckz, taking care not to aim for his face.

"Here, take it. You spell-flingers seem to be able to find a use for everything! You're also welcome to borrow my rod for this quest, if you like. It's pretty powerful."

Realising the potential danger of tossing a huge great metal bar at someone, the nord carefully passes his Heavy Metal Rod to Heckz. He then turned his head back in an awesome way to face the group.

"Alright ramblers, let's get rambling!"

Heckz got distracted and the emerald hit his face. "Darn...". Heckz equips the Heavy Metal Rod.

First step is to know your enemy, that's half the battle.

"The first step would be to know your allies, enemies come second," Jeaux said to Haldor. "I am pleased to make your acquaintance Haldor, My name is Jeaux and while I have only recently arrived in Eubric, I take my responsibilities very seriously." Jeaux turned to the two other veteran heroes, "May I know your names as well, I typically feel more comfortable trusting people when I know what they are called."

Tarn smiled at the blank face, although it did disconcert him a little. "I am Tarn, once of the clerical order of Valco, now a Raider in the service of Heroica. I have had several successful Quests, but unfortunately my last one did not go so well. I am confident that if we work together, we will be fine."

Haldor speaks as Heckz equps his old weapon.

"Take good care of that, it's given me good service, may it be the same for you. Probably still has demi-god blood encrusted onto it."

He then addresses the ranger.

"Nice to meet you then, Jeux. Glad to hear that you're dependable, too many times I've quested with folks who are just the opposite. Hopefully this one will go smoothly. If you don't mind me asking, where you from then? Don't think I've met someone of your...kind before."

Haldor tried to be polite, but he couldn't disguise his unease at the automation's palid face plate.

"I wish I could tell you, but I'm not entirely sure myself. My hope is as I see more of this world some of my memories may return to me, but so far my search has proven fruitless."

alan.png

"Alright. Over here. We are at the red X."

img_3634.jpg

You lean closer for a better look, and notice different sections.

map.jpg

alan.png

"We'll have to hike through out each of these and round up what we can find. Where would you like to go first?"

Party:

Power: 42 (Level 25, +14 WP, +2 from Pugilist's Gloves)

Health: 44/44 (Base 9, +25 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 35/35 (Base 5, +25 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Inventory: Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Health Core, Potion (x4), Remedy (x4), Venom.

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

Level 22
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Weakened

Power
(22+13)

Defense
(6+1)

Health
(7+21+7+3)

Gold

Equipment
:
Lion’s Heart
darkness
-elemental,
stun
Weakened

Inventory
:
Helbaerend
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade;
Has Phoenix Essence!
axe), Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind

Heroica01.jpg

Automaton male, Ranger

Level 10

Power:

Defense:
0 (-2)

Health:
15/15

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:

32 year old male Mage.

Health: 11/11

Ether: 11/11

Equipment:Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12,
Water
Elemental), Cheap Wand (WP 3)

Ice
Darkness
), Emerald
(Wood)

alan.png

-"Be careful."

Alan, (played by Scorpiox)

35 year old Rogue

Level: 10

Power: 17

Health: 16/16

Equipment: Whip (WP:7)

Inventory: Potion, Remedy

bors.png

-"Hold on to yer butts."

Bors (played by Rumble Strike)

29 year old Ranger

Level: 3

Power: 9

Health: 8/8

Equipment: Flexible Bow (WP: 6)

Inventory: Fire Bomb

Heckz talks to Haldor. "I've heard Rocklings are civilized and fine tailors, maybe they have something to offer."

Tarn leaned across and squinted at the map. "I would suggest either of the two areas closest to us. Spitosaur Springs or the Velocinoid Pens."

Jeaux took a quick look at the map. It was a crude representation of the island, but it would serve its purpose. "Given our guide's comments regarding how dangerous the Velocinoids are, we might be better off starting with the Spitosaurs, and making our way around the island counter-clockwise. Though the order in which we accomplish our goals is of little importance, I'm willing to go where ever the party leader decides to head."

The automaton glanced around the compound where the party was currently located to see if there may be anything useful the party should bring with them.

Jeaux finds the crate by the table and looks at the tent behind him.

Whip (WP:5) 50 gold

Shovel 15 gold

Green Apple (raises ether permanently by 1) 20 gold

There is one of each.

Jeaux took a quick look at the map. It was a crude representation of the island, but it would serve its purpose. "Given our guide's comments regarding how dangerous the Velocinoids are, we might be better off starting with the Spitosaurs, and making our way around the island counter-clockwise. Though the order in which we accomplish our goals is of little importance, I'm willing to go where ever the party leader decides to head."

The automaton glanced around the compound where the party was currently located to see if there may be anything useful the party should bring with them.

"Dangerous for them. I don't know if you noticed Jeaux, but you fought with ghosts. I think we can manage to fight oversized lizards."

OOC: Maybe we should wait for Flare before heading out.

OOC: Maybe we should wait for Flare before heading out.

QM Note: Flare will be gone until the 30th.

"Not too keen to go to those Velocinoids so soon, given their apparently lethal nature."

Haldor grinned at Heckz

"Wouldn't want to get the rookies killed so soon, would we?"

The nord then walked over and examined the map, finally pointing his finger at the Spitosaur springs.

"It's close enough, and if we work our way round the island we can finish on those velocibastards after a bit of practice. Nice idea, Jeux. Oh, what you dug up here then?"

Loot!

Heckz - Green Apple

Tarn - Whip

Jeaux - 5 gold

Haldor - 5 gold

Benji - 5 gold

Haldor tosses the green apple at Heckz' face carelessly whilst polishing his axeblade.

The apple hit Heckz' face and falled to the ground. Heckz grabbed it, blowed it and ate it. He then spit some of it out and said "Gods, I hate apples."