hjmediastudios

Iron Men: Every current film armor in minifig form

To celebrate the upcoming release of the Iron Man 3 movie, I created minifig designs for every film suit. (If I left any out, let me know.) Comments and criticism are very much appreciated.

8687777596_8af40d1c9e_c.jpg

This is the official minifig design, with an improved minigun. For those interested, it's made out of a neck bracket, one 1x1 clip, a space gun, and some binoculars. I've got a version that has missiles too; expect pictures soon.

8687777898_c5b02f0be4_c.jpg

For some reason, the helmet angle makes this guy. I also liked the leg detailing on the film version, so I tried to pull out the details there and Lego-fy them.

8687778652_a367000318_c.jpg

Doing this guy was fun. I'm not sure what he does in the movie, but his repulsor looks like a Roman collar. I imagine him as the chaplain of the Iron Legion. ;)

8687778866_075ab3bd87_c.jpg

The official Extremis armor, with gold arms. (The three actual minifigs of these that I own have gold arms, so I went with that for the CG version.)

8686663167_d541a42cfd_c.jpg

Identical to the official minifig.

8687779464_994760225e_c.jpg

Identical to the official minifig.

8686663613_3f1e5e7984_c.jpg

This was probably the hardest to design in terms of torso detailing, but the end result looks official.

8686663977_1a95d4249d_c.jpg

I'm not 100% satisfied with this guy, but it's recognizable.

8686664357_7b843caf87_c.jpg

This is basically a recolored Mark III with rivets slapped on.

8687780602_ddff738cca_c.jpg

This one is easily my favorite.

8686664911_a3133550ff_c.jpg

This is a slight redesign of the official LEGO version.

8686665263_40880d2a2f_c.jpg

This was the longest one to design, especially with the complex torso plating. I actually just finished a Gemini suit render for Solid Brix Studios, but this is a separate design that fits my own tastes a bit better.

Whew! I hope you enjoyed them!

Edited by hjmediastudios

Looks good. I only wish Lego would put out all these various suits. The Gemini in particular I'm hoping for. I really like your version, definitely one of the better customs I've seen for that suit.

The one thing I think that sets your designs apart from Lego is probably the detailing on the torso and legs. I've noticed for Iron Man they often greatly simplify the look for the figures (But I can't fault them for that since the more complex the decal the more likely there will be printing errors). I do like the many details you have though, especially the foot printing. The coloring for the helmets is pretty good too.

As alot of people do, you made the lines too thin does not look like lego. Other than that they look good! :thumbup:

Absolutely beautiful. Love all of these different Iron Man renditions. Will love to see these in real minifigs form. Thank you or sharing.

As alot of people do, you made the lines too thin does not look like lego.

Thanks for the tip- Balancing detail and being "Lego-ish" is hard, but I've changed the Shotgun, Silver Centurion, and Gemini armors to have thicker lines, as per your advice.

These are all some really great minifigs hjmediastudios! I really hope lego does make one more Iron Man 3 set based off the final battle scene of the movie that includes a couple of these suits that hopefully look similar to yours. Great Job :thumbup:

Wow, awesome ! These are excellent renders, I'm speechless ! Congratulations !

These are all some really great minifigs hjmediastudios! I really hope lego does make one more Iron Man 3 set based off the final battle scene of the movie that includes a couple of these suits that hopefully look similar to yours. Great Job :thumbup:

I saw the movie yesterday and was really annoyed with lego afterward!!! Not one of the sets was remotely accurate to the movie scenes. There were so many sensational action sequences that deserve lego recreation. So many suits and characters and variants that will never most likely see the light of day. This cannot be even considered an iron man 3 movie line with perhaps the exception of the mansion. You dropped the ball Lego, big time! Not impressed. Not at all!

Just tried your mod for Warmachine and he looks awesome! Way better than lego's design and simpler don't know why lego didn't just use it. Love theese renders lets hope lego takes it in their infinite wisdom to create a real "iron man 3" movie line.

I haven't seen the film yet, so I can't comment on the accuracy; I don't know why they didn't use the space gun/binocular combination, as they use the space gun piece for everything in the Superheroes line. The big thing for me was that it allows the gun to protrude over Rhodey's shoulder, not just hang there limply in the back.

Edited by hjmediastudios

These all look great! And I'm with you on the Iron Patriot being my favorite. I'd love to see your take on the Iron Destroyer armor. (I don't know if it turns up in the movie; I haven't seen it yet either.)

I saw the movie yesterday and was really annoyed with lego afterward!!! Not one of the sets was remotely accurate to the movie scenes. There were so many sensational action sequences that deserve lego recreation.

Lego has to make sets with interest, playability, and avoid spoiling the movie.

Anyways no Mark IV and I? :P

-Omi

Lego has to make sets with interest, playability, and avoid spoiling the movie.

Anyways no Mark IV and I? :P

-Omi

I suppose you are correct. The sets are still very good! I would just love to have seen some more characters/armours as there were some really great ones that the movie did announce were involved before it was shown in cinemas through character bios.

Well... I'll get on the Mark IV and Mark I.

EDIT: And here they are!

*SNIP*

Great!!! So the mark 4 armour used in iron man 2 was different to mark 3 i thought so but wasn't sure.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Do not quote pictures, please.

Wow, these look really nice! I really hope we get an Iron Patriot Minifigure some how, even if it's just a promo, like maybe fort preordering the videogame? :blush:

Wow, these look really nice! I really hope we get an Iron Patriot Minifigure some how, even if it's just a promo, like maybe fort preordering the videogame? :blush:

I take it you haven't looked at the video game thread today yet huh? :wink:

Is there any way you would have these made for print possibly on stickers. I am really trying to create his hall of armour and I would love to have these a part of that! Beautiful designs!

Could you make Red Snapper and Igor? Also, how did you make WM's gun? I have the parts you listed but I can't figure out how to make it.

I'm working on them. For the gun- attach binoculars to gun piece. Attach the 1x1 clip (one of these or these) to his neck bracket, and attach the gun to the neck bracket. If you can't get it from there I'll do pictures.

Is there any way you would have these made for print possibly on stickers. I am really trying to create his hall of armour and I would love to have these a part of that! Beautiful designs!

I might release the textures I used, but making decals out of them is not my area of expertise.

The Mark 1 and 4 are great, I really like how you used the Mandalorian Helmet as the Mark 1 helmet. Do you think you'll make efforts to make all the maining suits or just a few more and call it a day?