144 x 128 studs

~40,000 pieces

The mosaic is made using stacked transparent plates over a black background. My previous outing in this technique used only trans clear. This mosaic sees the addition of trans red plates to create the background effect and portions of the outer ring of the reactor. Trans clear areas range from 1 to 5 plates thick while trans red areas range from 1 to 3 plates thick.

There are some opaque red plates used for the eyes and the center of the reactor. Trans Red was too difficult to see in these areas.

This will be coming to NILTC's show at Helen Plum Library in Lombard, IL this weekend (April 27th and 28th)

8678170686_d28f1713bf.jpg

Main view

8678170622_c040498de6.jpg

Angled - The contouring is very noticeable around the shoulder harness in this shot.

Full album is available here.

Wow, that's really good! I really like your technique for layering the transparent plates; I didn't even notice you did that before I read the top of the post! Great job!

Whoa! Magnific! It must taken time to be built, mosaics are pretty hard to do!

It took about 60-80 hours to build which is not too bad given both the piece count and needing to straighten each column of 1x1 plates

Wow, that's amazing ! And your technique is very interesting, that's a clever idea !

Beautiful job. Very innovative, and it looks great.

:classic: