Sign in to follow this  
ShaydDeGrai

MOC: Minas Morgul

1366818118m_DISPLAY.jpg

I've been meaning to tackle Minas Morgul from the Lord Of The Rings for some time now and have been playing with designs and prototypes for a couple of years. When I signed up for BrickFair New England, it turned out to be just the motivation I needed to sit down and actually build the darn thing.

13668162592_DISPLAY.jpg

The shape is inspired by the design used by Peter Jackson in The Two Towers. The concentric star design and soaring ramparts was actually what drew me to wanting to tackle it in the first place.

13668162665_DISPLAY.jpg

For the curious, additional shots and commentary can be found over on MOCPages or on Flickr (along with photosets of my other LOTR builds)

Thanks for stopping by!

Tremendous model of Minas Morgul :oh: You captured the angles extremely well and even the bridge looks accurate to the movie :thumbup:

Amazing MOC; just put it in a creepy black, green glow-in-the-dark background and it'll be even better.

I agree, get some eerie green lighting going on. After all, this is Minas Morgul not Minas Ithil!

Excellent build, well done with the wall shapes. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Love it. It is kinda like how Minas Ithil would have looked before it was corrupted by the witch king.

That's great,I agree with all the other positive comments.

Have you made a Minas Tirith to go along with it??

*Next Challenge- the same model just MINIFIGURE SCALE, or at least some of it....*

That's great,I agree with all the other positive comments.

Thanks, I'm thrilled by the positive responses I've seen both on-line and at BrickFair New England.

Have you made a Minas Tirith to go along with it??

It's not to the same scale, but yes, my take on Minas Tirith can be found here. The Minas Tirith build is designed to a much tighter scale and fits inside of a 10" (26cm) cube. At that scale, it fits nicely on a bookshelf but looks a little silly if you pose any minifigures near it.

*Next Challenge- the same model just MINIFIGURE SCALE, or at least some of it....*

I did the math on that one once. At true minifigure scale, a full build of Minas Morgul wouldn't fit in my office and a minifigure scale Minas Tirith would be taller than my house :sweet:

Still, if you know any shopping malls or other large venues that desperately need a Lego version of The White City for their atrium, I'm willing to consider a commission... Will work for Bricks :classic: