HenrikLego

MOC: NSB Di7 with carriages

gallery_8966_235_3881.png

Here is my version of NSB Di7 (all pictures are clickable for full size):

di7_1_800.jpg

This engine is build 7 wide to fit the PF-battery box, reciever without using stickers. The engine room is 4 wide with tiles on the outside to cover the battery box and the reciever. The train uses a regular PF train engine (on the rear bogie). This is connected to the same channel as the PF-lights in front. In the front part of the engine there is also a PF M-motor that goes down on the front bogie where I have placed an linear actuator to couple wagons on and off. Here are some more pictures:

di7_2_800.jpg

di7_3_800.jpg

di7_4_800.jpg

di7_5_800.jpg

di7_6_800.jpg

di7_7_800.jpg

Norwegian freight carriages:

I have also built some freight carriages based on old carriages from NSB.

L4:

Small carriage that was used to transport wood coal.

l4_800.jpg

G4:

One of the most common freight carriages in Norway after WWII.

g4_1_800.jpg

g4_2_800.jpg

H3:

Cooling wagon for transportation of fresh food.

h3_1_800.jpg

h3_2_800.jpg

T3:

For lumber

t3_800.jpg

Decoupler huts:

I have made some small huts to store an M-motor for remote operation of the decoupler-design by CamelBoy68. I've also built a buffer that I'll place on the end of my parking area for freight carriages.

hytte1_800.jpg

hytte2_800.jpg

hytte3_800.jpg

hytte4_800.jpg

buffer_foran_800.jpg

buffer_bak_800.jpg

I'll finish off with an image of the train together with all the carriages:

hele_toget_800.jpg

Man that looks TERRIFIC! :thumbup:

But why does the top panel on the front slopes downward one plate? That's how it is on the real one?

Many thanks for all the nice comments! :classic:

The real one has a slight height difference on the front part. Here is an image of the engine:

di7634_narvik_19950706_lhb.jpg

I think the surfaces on the locomotive are a little plain, but the track work and rolling stock is lovely!

EDIT: How exactly does that decoupler work? The linked thread suggests that you need non-Lego couplers, but it looks like you have the stock couplers?

Edited by Commander Wolf

Great engine, I like those ones with double sides and raised middle, you don't have to turn them around to run the other way! Nice rolling stock and track ballast as well as the little signal baox you have built.

Fantastic job HenrikLego! The loco is spot on and the you've detailed the rolling stock and track side structures superbly. Very well done :classic:

Your engine has that "massive" look that a heavy shunter should - looks excellent on the front of your goods train. Your "G4" wagons look fantastic too with the "planks" and the shape of the roof which is absolutely perfect.

Your trackside constructions are great! I like the shingle effect on the roof of the lineside hut, excellent detail.

Thanks for all your wonderful, nice comments! :classic:

I think the surfaces on the locomotive are a little plain, but the track work and rolling stock is lovely!

EDIT: How exactly does that decoupler work? The linked thread suggests that you need non-Lego couplers, but it looks like you have the stock couplers?

Do you have any suggestions on what pieces I could use that can make the surface a little less plain? I have been thinking about it, but haven't found any good things to add.

There are two kinds of decouplers here. One on the engine itself and one in the hut. The one in the hut is best described in the thread I linked to by CamelBoy68. The decoupler in the engine is used with standard lego-couplers, and the carriages is detached by running the linear actuator inwards. I'll show it in a video in a few days.

I like the rollingstock,

a few of those look like what was used localy

Thanks! I think they are quite common sight in most of Europe, in variations not unlike the ones here in Norway. The engine itself is a T44 model made by the swedish company NOHAB (Nydqvist & Holm AB) and is more common in Sweden than in Norway. We only had one of these in Norway, with the yellow/red colour scheme.

Edited by HenrikLego

It is a wonderful locomotive, however, looking at the pictures of the real one, I think you could add some more detail like air-intake valves and fan grates.

Do you have any suggestions on what pieces I could use that can make the surface a little less plain? I have been thinking about it, but haven't found any good things to add.
I think you could add some more detail like air-intake valves and fan grates.

Yeah, the sides of the actual locomotive are a bunch of panels with small handles, and there are some vents in there too. I would try to add the vents and re-orient the tiling (ie vertically instead of horizontally - and/or maybe use 2x2s?) to more closely follow the layout of the panels and maybe find some way to suggest the handles (ie with the 1x2 plate with offset, etc).

Great work. The train looks perfect. ery smart how you managed to put in all the PF fucntions including the decoupler.

But those cariages are also beauties.

Hi HenrikLego, that looks really cool :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

I was really enjoying your train and rolling stock, but then I saw the decoupler and that looks great. :classic: It looks like you are using the Mk2 decoupler, are you experiencing any difficulties with the shorter wheel base stock ?

Can't wait to see your vid.

Top Stuff

CB68

That's a nice train you have there. I'd love to see what it looks like in a bend, with the pivot point of the bogie so far back.

As Swede I appreciate the nice locomotive design. Also I like onboard remote decoupling and have built a similar design that you may have seen?

That's a great train, but I really love your rolling stock.