Sign in to follow this  
Sir E Fullner

MOC: HMS Phoenix, Mark II

Howdy, all. Here is your old American fan of British warships making another post. You might have remembered a few months back that I made a small brig which I cristened HMS Phoenix. I have recently done a massive overhaul (is that the naval term? I am more used to railway terms) on her, adding another course of sails and a captain's cabin, and here is the brand new Phoenix.

phoenixmkii.jpg

The bow and PHOENIX figure:

bow.jpg

The anchor (not present on mark I model):

anchor.jpg

One of the two cannons:

cannon.jpg

A view of the captain's cabin (sorry for poor quality. I couldn't get a better shot):

cabin.jpg

Inside, the captain has his liquor collection, a map and compass, and--all right Admiral, I give in, they are kind of tasty--a croissant. :hmpf_bad:

View from behind the ship:

sternwindows.jpg

The johnny boat tied to the stern:

johnnyboat.jpg

And a few supplies stored in the forecastle:

supplies.jpg

Now let's meet the crew of the Phoenix.

Here are the three officers (L to R):

Captain Marius Gloriosus, Lieutenant John Fitzsimmons, and the ship's master, yours truly.

officers.jpg

The sailors (L to R):

The helmsman, the cook (he got hot frying oil in his eye), the boatswain, the gunner, the cabin boy, and the carpenter.

sailors.jpg

The marines:

Hugh and Pugh (I can't tell them apart, either).

marines.jpg

And now for a bit of fun:

Pugh: Walk the plank, you dirty pirate!

walkplank1.jpg

I hope that you have enjoyed this look at my top ship, even though it isn't much to look at. But, hey, I never grew up with the old LEGO pirates line, and all of the new LEGO ships are pretty expensive. I am just being resourceful with what I have. I am not deterred by a lack of parts. Besides, it is not that bad of a ship.

Always entertaining, always inspiring, always:

great boat, lots of nice features for such a small build, and lots of humour in the writing, Thanks for sharing

I really like the idea of using the floating boat hulls to make sailing ships. It always bugged me that my pirate and imperial ships couldn't be used as bath toys when I was a kid unless I was playing shipwreck. I may have to try my had at one someday now.

I really like the idea of using the floating boat hulls to make sailing ships. It always bugged me that my pirate and imperial ships couldn't be used as bath toys when I was a kid unless I was playing shipwreck. I may have to try my had at one someday now.

Thanks for the complement. I think that the floating hull from the old LEGO City Fireboat would be perfect for a ship.

It has a nice classic look and the writing is funny too :thumbup:

Still, I only see a few very small changes compared to the previous ship. Looks like it could have been done in five minutes.

Next time you give a ship such a "massive overhaul", please just add a post to the previous topic instead of making a new thread.

Thanks in forward :pirate:

Looks like it could have been done in five minutes.

Next time you give a ship such a "massive overhaul", please just add a post to the previous topic instead of making a new thread.

Thanks in forward :pirate:

Actually, it was more than five minutes. The original sails on the model were destroyed during the overhaul, so I had to replace them as well, and I had to sift through my large brick box to find bricks for the captain's cabin. Plus, I had to "exchange" a few bricks on my other models for this one.