TimothyFrog

MOC: The Barricade during the 1832 June Uprising from Les Miserables

I built this for the Sydney Brick Show running this week. It's my first MOC since I was a teenager.

I have always loved Paris, and always loved this scene in the book and movie of Les Miserables, thought it was time to make a LEGO version. But as I love Star Wars and super heroes I thought it needed a few touches. :-)

post-49211-0-65223100-1366627467_thumb.jpg

Nice scene!!! Good minifig posing and some very funny camo's :D

Great moc! I was quite pleasant;y surprised when I saw it. The only thing wrong is the redcoats should be bluecoats, shouldn't they?

Great, any bigger photos?

Great moc! I was quite pleasant;y surprised when I saw it. The only thing wrong is the redcoats should be bluecoats, shouldn't they?

True enough but when there are stormtroopers in their ranks, the colour of their coats is somewhat secondary is not it? :wink:

Hi, thanks for all the comments ... I'm new here, so I don't know much about the file sizes .... it won't let me upload anymore, so do I need to make smaller resolution photos?

As for the Red Coats, well yes, in the 1830's the Paris Guard and National Guard were in Blue Coats. But as I guess everyone knows certain LEGO minifig availabililites make that a little more difficult.

Showing it at the Sydney Brick Show, 70% are kids .... so the cameo's help ... kids run up when they see soliders, see the cameos. and you hear "DDDAAAAAAAAAAADDDD. There's a stormtrooper in this one!" and then "DAAAADDDDD. There's a Batman ontop of the Building!!!!" ... They don't care as much about accuracy of the buildings and heights etc. :-)

Still I love Les Miserables, so having some students photographing Jean Valjean and Javert on the left of the Cafe was fun to see.

What a scene! Now all it needs is Hugh Jackman's cheesy acting. :laugh:

But in all seriousness, my only problem is the use of redcoats when French soldiers wore blue. However, I'm just nitpicky. I'm a conformist!.

I don't remember Batman there...

Javier, "I have you now 24601..."

Jean Valjean, "Look out!"

Batman swoops down from a roof and grabs Javier, fires a grappling cord, and with Javier in tow swings away saying...

Batman, "I'm Batman."

That is a great MOC. Do you have any more detailed pics of it up on Flickr or similar?

Is it just me, or does the recent movie seem to get much better if you start picturing it as a Wolverine origin story? I mean just look at it, Jean Valjean is super strong, amazing endurance, seemingly can't be killed, and appears to get progressively younger and stronger and more buff as the film goes on? I'd swear I heard a SNIKT in there somewhere?

"Is it just me, or does the recent movie seem to get much better if you start picturing it as a Wolverine origin story?"

Hahahahahhaahhaa .... brilliant .... we had a similar conversation when we left the cinema .... I hated that movie so much except for Samantha Barks as Eponine .... who is a stage performer anyways.

Thanks, I'll add some more detailed shots on Flickr and post.

This seems like an ideal use of the Revolutionary Soldier from the Series 10 minifigure set. Although they're supposed to be American, they're almost the same as French uniforms (unsurprisingly). Availability's still an issue, of course.

Great work, by the way!

Edited by Captain Coconut

quote: Captain Coconut

"This seems like an ideal use of the Revolutionary Soldier from the Series 10 minifigure set."

Yes, I have 2 of them right here and was thinking the same thing ... but I'd need another 20. :-(