MECHALEX

MOC: London St Paul's Cathedral

This is just stunning! You've captured St Paul's perfectly.

Amazing photography, too. (I also thought it was a render when I first saw it.)

Given the quality of this, I suspect there's a few of your MOCs that you haven't unleashed on us that we would probably like to see! I'm looking forward to seeing more from you!

That is a beautiful building, and a magnificent model. Very well done. Love the way you handled the dome. You made the right call in your deliberations.

oh my.. wow. how many pieces is this? is it more than the Taj Mahal set? the details are very clean. i'm all at awe...

amazing, I visited the cathedral and recognized it instantly, just an amazing build

Very impressive. Very clean building. I think the tiling does make it look cleaner, but I think a brick built dome would also look good. Although it may clash with the other tiled roofing.

But as far as domes go, this is incredible. I've been wanting to incorporate a dome into some build and I don't see how someone could top this.

Also, incredibly/ridiculously/amazingly close to the original structure. I am most impressed with the comparison, although everything about this is awe inspiring.

Keep up the great work.

I have to say that is a really spectacular MOC, Mechalex! :wink: There's just so much detail in your model of London's St Paul's Cathedral. The resemblance between your MOC and the actual cathedral is really close and it's nice to see how you tried to replicate the many details of the cathedral. As for the roof, no complaints here... It looks excellent. Well hopefully you become more active on EB, so we get to see more of your MOCs. :thumbup:

Darn impressive. I don't know what to say. It's MOC efforts like these that makes me lose interest in TLG's official building sets. This is so much better than what we buy off the shelf. IMO, Lego can quit hiring full time designers. They can just contract you for a one off design or two.

Let me add my compliments too as this a truly architecturally superb build, I love the touch with the occupy protestors, I was visiting London when they were there and it brings back those memories.

This is amazing i just found out about Eurobricks because i was searching if someone build the st pauls...why dont you submit this to Lego Ideas?. Too big  ?

Awesome model! You have really captured the design and feel the building that I think would be hard to improve upon. Would love to see some of your 'not up to standard' models as well, they must be pretty good too, going on this. Keep up the good work