Sign in to follow this  
Leewan

[MOC] The World is Mine

Hey, here's my latest MOC, a sculpture, a little bit of art from me :

I hope you will like it ! :classic:

That's so simple yet extremely efficient. I LOVE the picture where you compare it with your own hand.

Better than the last hand-shaped MOC I saw. A lot better. More anatomically correct, for one thing.

Oops, seems that I forgot to answer you. Well, thank you all. But the MOC isn't only about the hand. :wink:

"The World Is Mine".. I'm suddenly reminded of the second "Austin Powers" movie..

But that is pretty much what it's about. The world(nice use of the LEGO Star-Wars planet there) is in the palm of a giant hand.. which you built, so the world is yours! As everyone else has said, the hand looks good- it's the right size, has the right number of joints on each finger, and ends in a solid base.

Very good work, I must say :)

Oh, really ? I don't know, I've only seen the first movie. ^^

Well, for me, the planet - the world - is as important as the hand. Of course, as a MOC, it is way simpler (just two half-spheres put together), but as an "artisic" creation, the planet is very important. The hand and the planet shouldn't even be seen as two separate elements : they are both only "components" of the whole MOC. :)

BTW, thank you for your nice comment, that's very kind. :)

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but this is my first time venturing into the Action Figure subforum.

I'm thinking War of the Worlds cover art from 2005. Wonderfully done. I love the joints and how it is assembled. I have never even considered this. Well done.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but this is my first time venturing into the Action Figure subforum.

Oh, so I'm very pleased you like this "first venture". :laugh: Maybe it will inspire you to come here more often. :wink:

I'm thinking War of the Worlds cover art from 2005.

I was afraid of that. You're the third to tell me that, and I can assure you I never saw this cover art before. Or maybe once, but it was several years ago, and I didn't took inspiration from this picture for my MOC. Plus, that movie was laaaaaaaame ! :grin: This is nothing but a coincidence. I wish I was the first one to have this idea, I just came too late. ^^

Beside that, thank you, I'm really happy you like my MOC, you don't have to be sorry for resurrecting the thread if it's for saying such nice things. :D

Edited by Leewan