Cran

May I introduce me and my Town?

Hello,

i'm new to Eurobricks and would like to introduce me and my "table town". My name is Ralf and i am an AFoL from Germany. My favourite Themes are (Classic-)Town (mostly 80ies and 90ies style) and Castle. My AFoLness lasts for 20 years now and for that anniversary i reconstructed/rearranged my town, called Lindburg. I use the 9V-system for my trains and MR for trams. The town has been apart for 7 years now and it was time to ... A lot wip there, but enough words:

0.jpg

The oldest part of town, Sheeperstien (Shepard's Stone), mostly Tudor, partly due to a renewal, some houses done:

bild3_19.jpg

the namegiving castle Burg Lindberg:

bild5_25.jpg

the newer quarter Norderbruch, mostly from the 60ies:

bild4_05.jpg

an 9V-adapted 7740 in action:

bild5_24.jpg

a 6399 Airport shuttle tram crawling through a factory:

bild1_11.jpg

the firestation (wip):

bild4_04.jpg

view from the river:

bild3_32.jpg

a last snapshot:

118.jpg

more here on BS http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=526695

Greets, Ralf

Edited by Cran

Amazing town. :wub_drool:

I will admit I don't really like that rail track going over the top of that factory,but apart from that it is a excellent town.

Thats a really nice town you have there. Its so big! I would hate to have one minifig fall over somewhere around the center. Haha

How to you find the space to lean over and build that? :tongue: I'm really loving the old classic feel, even though I myself prefer the newer modular buildings and the like. That is quite a town collection you have there.

Wow! Love it!!

When I saw the title I was expecting the usual half a dozen modulars and a yellow bus but then saw this beauty disappearing into the distance towards the horizon. All classic town too which is just amazing!

The combination of classic town plus the style of some of your MOCs gives it a very East German feel.

Great job and thanks for sharing!

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

This made me speechless for minutes!!!!

Edit: welcome btw :p

Edited by Damaximus

I will join the chorus.......AWESOME layout ! :wub:

And that rounded frontage fire station is just the bomb......I :wub: it the most ! :grin:

Wonderful town layout 'Cran' and Brick On ! :sweet:

Welcome to EB! That was quite an introduction!

Very nice, but huge Classic Town. I can see you Castle influence here and there. But it big, so very big. Really takes commitment to use that much space.

Andy D

Welcome to EB Cran! I've seen this on BS, but not in depth. This is a fantastic collection and layout! I used to have a large classic city layout, as well, although mine was mainly 95-00' sets. I love how it's comprised of almost all MOCs! I don't have the stomach to pull sets apart. Are you planning to expand and how many sq. meters is your layout? :classic:

Marvelous... :wub: I have only seen this scale in layouts organized by 4 or more people... to do this alone must be quite a feat.

Love the presence of so many old school, basic colors. :wub:

Wow! Amazing town! I love it!

Welcome to EB! Keep on sharing pics of your town, MOCs and everything else!

Now thats a layout. I love the 80's feel about it. You have done a wonderfull thing there. (Oh, By the Way: Welcome to Eurobricks, i hope you will show us some of you work in the future)

Lovely town, i'm a big fan of the classic town theme and you have captured beautifully in your MOCs and layout!

Welcome to EB

Happy building :laugh:

Hi Folks,

thanks for the compliments and the fine welcome.

Thats a really nice town you have there. Its so big! I would hate to have one minifig fall over somewhere around the center. Haha

Normally the town is not in one, so i have free access to all buildings to moc on. When i composed the town this time i forgot the tram station Van Dijk Haus in the middle, so i had to decompose large parts of the town to get it on the right place. On this occasion i also put some cars, what later would have not been possible.

When I saw the title I was expecting the usual half a dozen modulars and a yellow bus but then saw this beauty disappearing into the distance towards the horizon. All classic town too which is just amazing!

The combination of classic town plus the style of some of your MOCs gives it a very East German feel.

Haha, that's the same what i always think, when someone announces his town. East Germany? Maybe, but Western Germany as well.

Are you planning to expand and how many sq. meters is your layout? :classic:

O.k., some statistics here, the town's outer range is 26x15 32bps now. And yes it shall be expanded - i have plans on an airport and a drive-through serengeti zoo. Also there are still some empty places inside. The number of buildings is near to 180 now and there are sketches to about 20 more yet.

HUGE! Amazing! The one thing that keeps coming to my head is huge! Great City! Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic:

Classic town sets are truly 'toys of my childhood' and seeing so many of them in one place together with very authentic MOCs is something I have only dreamt about. And the castle bits fit in perfectly. Even most catalogs and ideas books of the era don't look that interesting as your layout does.

Beautiful! I particularly love the way you've played with height across the layout so it doesn't appear to be flat, an aspect I am particularly interested in exploring when I finally get around to putting together my own layout.

O.k., some statistics here, the town's outer range is 26x15 32bps now. And yes it shall be expanded - i have plans on an airport and a drive-through serengeti zoo. Also there are still some empty places inside. The number of buildings is near to 180 now and there are sketches to about 20 more yet.

Man that is big! I can't wait to see the updates, especially the zoo. Sounds like you have your work cut out. Hope you have all the pieces :classic:

Man that is big! I can't wait to see the updates, especially the zoo. Sounds like you have your work cut out. Hope you have all the pieces :classic:

no i did not stop working, i need the money ;)

for the zoo i can give you a few tidbits

elephants and ostrich:

elefanten.jpg,

giraffe (without spots yet):

giraffe-ohne-flecken.jpg,

lion family,

loewenfamilie.jpg,

flamingos:

flamingo_1.jpg

and impala antelope:

impala1.jpg

Edited by Cran

Beautiful! I particularly love the way you've played with height across the layout so it doesn't appear to be flat, an aspect I am particularly interested in exploring when I finally get around to putting together my own layout.

The different heights are an aspect i put focus on from the early beginning, cause i wanted tunnels, playable cellars, pools, construction holes and the such. And a castle on the same level as the rest of the town would be just stupid.