Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #65: Breaking Down the Door

D'oh, I typed that out wrong. I meant Upper-Left. Is it okay if I go back and change it, or should I just wait?

Dyric hits his head against the wall, before trying Pipe F on the upper left spot. The pipe fits in easily and with the aid of Christian's wrench, is secured into place.

Nerwen recalled the two pipe fitters selling mushrooms in the markets a couple of months ago. Clearly peddling psychodelics was not a steady job.

Greetings. I believe pipe E will fit nicely in the lower left corner.

Nerwen had her hands full with that pipe, so could not pick up the other two which belonged on the right.

Edited by Chromeknight

"Dyric, I believe Pipe H is the one that goes in the top right corner."

Both Nerwen and Xander's Pipes fit into their positions perfectly.

8666359654_d660a1288c_t.jpg

"Forget about heroics, you folks should go into HVAC."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Cronk places his piece in the correct location as Jacob tries to secure the last fitting with his crowbar but only manages to bend the tool.

"Well, well. The orcish Paladin is still kickin'. Never thought we'd run into you again."

8665260645_ed8b02dfee_t.jpg

"Ennoc smiled down upon us in our helpless estate and we were chosen for a prisoner rehabilitation program where in we spent a year serving aboard one of the local trade ships. When we got off we dabbled in a few different areas, even trying our hand at some theater, but it seemed Ennoc has had other plans for us and we currently find ourselves between serious offers of employment. So we've taken up pipe fitting, how hard could it be?"

"Not very as long as you know the difference between a..."

"Yes, yes, I think we've covered that. Well it's good to see the thing up and running again, hopefully the drakes don't screw it up again too soon. Um... any interest in a messed up crowbar?"

8691820358_be1f7c5df7_t.jpgBent Crowbar (WP: 8, does 3x damage to Mechanic enemies, hammer)

Nerwen waited for others to speak.

Since I have the least number of weapons, I am happy to hold on to it for the moment.

As for you gentlemen, I am glad we could be of assistance. Though perhaps you ought take up a job more to do with people than machines.

Shall we go upstairs and begin sorting out the tennants?

Edited by Chromeknight

Cronk wishes former paladins luck in future endeavors. Oh, wait. Did former paladins see a wolpertinger down here? Or hear noises that could be such a small creature?

Dyric, perhaps friends should check dumbwaiter if going through kitchen again. Something must be keeping it from working and Cronk wonders what that is.

"Can't say we've seen any such creature down here, and I'd imagine the drakes would have toasted it to a crisp if it had. Well we must be off to whatever en devour life throws at us."

"You're really calling what Lorenzo did for us a rehabilitation program..."

The duo gather their tools and leave the party in the cellar.

8446391115_66a502300b_t.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil

262 year old female Elven Shaman

Level 19 *Immune to Sealed*

Health: 36/36

Power Bonus: 0

SP: 3

Ether: 29/29

Gold: 31

Equipment:Magical Staff (WP: 15, Water, Darkness, staff), Robe of the Archmage(SP:3, Max.Ether+5, protects from Sealed, bodywear), White Cloak(+3 Max health; backwear)

Inventory:Mourning Star (WP:10, Fire,inflicts fragile-effect; mace), Crocodile Handbag (Max. ether +2, immunity to water; accessory), Shackles of War (prevents anyone fleeing; accessory), Sapphire, Emerald, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, 3 Grand Tonics, 2 Potions, 3 Elixirs, 2 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, Essence of Sorrow (50% assassination chance on non-immune target), Venom, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Dirt Bombs, 2 Air Bombs, Bone, Shovel, Bedroll, Milk (Restores 15 Health and Ether upon consumption), Carrot (Restores 5 Health, 10 to rabbits), Bent Crowbar (WP: 8, does 3x damage to Mechanic enemies, hammer)

The Party returns upstairs and upon inspection of the dumbwaiter, they find that it is simply missing an alchemical battery.

Where will the Party head next?

Nerwen recalled the map that Greely had shown the earlier.

Shall we begin at the beginning with the widow in room 201? Master Greely said she owed 3600 gold.

On their way past the lobby, the halfling bellhop stops the party.

8666359652_8c9ec90af3_t.jpg

"On your way to the second floor eh? I hope things went well downstairs. When you head upstairs be careful, my master was a bit of a dabbler in magic so the second floor is actually larger on the inside than it is on the outside, fits more guests that way. Because of that it's a bit of a maze, but don't worry all the trouble makers are on the east wing so you shouldn't have to be in the maze too much. The doors can only be pushed you see and to get anywhere you'll have had to go through each room at least once. It took me nearly a whole week before I was able to navigate that floor. Just holler if you get lost."

8666363574_3e93883086.jpg

What would the party like to do?

QM Note: As indicated in order to exit the 2nd floor onto the east wing, you'll have to go through each room at least once. The trick is you can only push a door open, the doors are only shown in their open positions to show the direction in which they swing. Go ahead and post the solution if you think you have it, or if you want to try doing anything else.

"I have no preference, I shall follow wherever we go; it might be wise to visit the biggest offenders first, though, in case word spreads that we are here collecting past dues."

Hmmm....

8693951969_03260d1bc5.jpg

Would that suffice?

OOC: This seems wrong to me since we could have been out the final door much earlier. Why did we have to pass through each room?

Cronk successfully manages to guide the group through the maze of doors and tiny rooms until they arrive in the east wing earning himself 1/4 a level of experience!

6882536309_34131623d7_t.jpg

Cronk

Male Orc Paladin

Level 30 1/2 *Counterstriking* *Blessed* *Immune to Blind*

Health: 48/48

Power Bonus: +2

SP: 16

Ether: 30/31

Gold: 2

Equipment:, Zoot's Bane (Suitable only for Cronk; WP: 12, Light), Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP: 9), Paladin's Armour (Suitable for Paladins, +5 SP, +2 Max Ether), Counterstrike Gloves (After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to their level), Elaborate Helmet (SP: 2), Ennoc's Gratitude (Artifact, Accessory, User Perma-Blessed and immune to Blind, Requires Light Weapon)

Inventory: Beast Skewer (Lance; WP: 12), Twin Broadswords (WP:21, dual-strike, user is unable to use a shield), Flute of the Magi (WP:3, asleep-effect), Bedroll, Shovel, Holy Bomb, 2 Remedies, Bennetton's Seal, Topaz, Health Core, 2 Lightning Bombs, Bloody Pointy Stick (WP: 1), Health Core, Phoenix Essence, 2 Ether Cores, Scroll of Sealing, Big Apple (Permenant increase of Power Bonus by 1)

8666363416_be0f4d5ae7_z.jpg

What will the party do next?

Nerwen wandered the rooms with her party, extending her senses, looking for the way through. With a start she realised they were standing in a romm the had been in before.

Then she recalled Greely's words

...you'll have to go through each room at least once...

Some rooms, like the one they were in would have to be traversed more than once.

Feeling happier about finding a solution, she paused to examine the chest in the room.

Nerwen's opens the chest, the lid squeaking on its hinges. Nestled amongst the cobwebs and dust the elf finds 10 Gold coins. She hastily stores the gold away before running to catch up with the party as they exit the maze.

Cronk peers into the barrel and finds a Potion as well as an annoyed spider that scuttles away into a crevice of the barrel.

6882536309_34131623d7_t.jpg

Cronk

Male Orc Paladin

Level 30 1/2 *Counterstriking* *Blessed* *Immune to Blind*

Health
: 48/48

Power Bonus:
+2

SP:

Ether
: 30/31

Gold
: 2

Equipment
:, Zoot's Bane (Suitable only for Cronk; WP: 12, Light), Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP: 9), Paladin's Armour (Suitable for Paladins, +5 SP, +2 Max Ether), Counterstrike Gloves (After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to their level), Elaborate Helmet (SP: 2), Ennoc's Gratitude (Artifact, Accessory, User Perma-Blessed and immune to Blind, Requires Light Weapon)

Inventory
: Beast Skewer (Lance; WP: 12), Twin Broadswords (WP:21, dual-strike, user is unable to use a shield), Flute of the Magi (WP:3, asleep-effect), Bedroll, Shovel, Holy Bomb, 2 Remedies, Bennetton's Seal, Topaz, Health Core, 2 Lightning Bombs, Bloody Pointy Stick (WP: 1), Health Core, Phoenix Essence, 2 Ether Cores, Scroll of Sealing, Big Apple (Permenant increase of Power Bonus by 1)

8446391115_66a502300b_t.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil

262 year old female Elven Shaman

Level 19
*Immune to Sealed*

Health:
36/36

Power Bonus:

SP:

Ether:
29/29

Gold:

Equipment:
Magical Staff (WP: 15,
Water
Darkness
, staff), Robe of the Archmage(SP:3, Max.Ether+5, protects from Sealed, bodywear), White Cloak(+3 Max health; backwear)

Inventory:
Mourning Star (WP:10,
Fire
,inflicts fragile-effect; mace), Crocodile Handbag (Max. ether +2, immunity to
water
; accessory), Shackles of War (prevents anyone fleeing; accessory),
Sapphire
Emerald
, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, 3 Grand Tonics, 3 Potions, 3 Elixirs, 2 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, Essence of Sorrow (50% assassination chance on non-immune target), Venom, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Dirt Bombs, 2 Air Bombs, Bone, Shovel, Bedroll, Milk (Restores 15 Health and Ether upon consumption), Carrot (Restores 5 Health, 10 to rabbits), Bent Crowbar (WP: 8, does triple damage to mechanic enemies)