Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #65: Breaking Down the Door

Nerwen sees Dyric speaking silently, as if praying. Perhaps to the gods of cookery?

Moving about the kitchen, she nudges him.

Tell us what you will do, Dyric. Will you help carve the meat, you boys have expertly skewered? Perhaps Sash has dropped some coins in his pantry as he has been working, you could check. Or if you are standing out of the way, say so. And say what order we should do things in too!

Edited by Chromeknight

Dyric's heavy eyelid blink open. Blast it. Sorry. There does not appear to be much useful to do, so I shall do nothing.

Would the same battle order work with everyone?

RESULTS FOR ROUND 3 OF THE COOKING COMPETITION:

>Xander - Does Nothing

Cronk vs. Dyric - No Healing

>Nerwen - Ice Bomb (5 Damage to Feral Hen, 10 to all other Enemies)

>Dyric vs. Does Nothing

Cronk - Blessed (Cronk: 46+3 HP= 48 HP)

The Party sits back as Nerwen pulls the pin on two more ice bombs chilling the air to just above freezing and finishing of the remaining enemies.

Room 204: Fried Chicken!

Feral Hen

Bag of Flour

Carton of Eggs

Room 205: Surf and Turf with a side of Greens!

Mad Cow

Silver Carp

Basket of Corn

Room 206: Porkchops and Applesauce!

War Pig

Barrel of Apples

Bag of Sugar

Room 304: Mountain Cuisine!

Mountian Goat

Basket of Carrots

Basket of Mushrooms

Room 302: Just Deserts, Chocobanana Milkshake!

Basket of Bananas

Chocolate Bar

Carton of Milk

Enemies:

8678031441_72a8d5dc66_t.jpg

Barrel of Apples
*immune to instant KO*

Type: Plant

Level: 15

Health: 10/30

Special: Stepmother's Gift – Deadly poisons the opponent

Drops: Nothing

Note: Does not give free hits.

heroica-banana.jpg

Basket of Bananas
*immune to instant KO*

Special: Slip, Trip, and Fall – Stuns the opponent for 1 round.

8679141824_2f9a965f6d_t.jpg

Basket of Mushrooms
*immune to instant KO*

Special: Take a trip – Confuses the opponent for 3 rounds.

8679141790_1f05e3f81c_t.jpg

Basket of Carrots
*immune to instant KO*

Special: Before the Mule – The target is blinded for 3 rounds.

Note: Does not give free hits

8678057909_3c1d3eb0f7_t.jpg

Basket of Corn
*immune to instant KO*

Special: Reflection – Causes damage equal to the target’s level, regardless of row and SP.

heroica-milk.jpg

Carton of Milk
*immune to instant KO*

Type: Beast

Special: Spillt Milk - The carton goes bad and is removed from battle.

8678057917_e6e75935e2_t.jpg

Carton of Eggs
*immune to instant KO*

Type: Beast

Special: Rotten Eggs – The carton goes bad and is removed from battle.

8678080357_7cb31f4c24_t.jpg

Bag of Flour
*immune to instant KO*

Special: Bugs in the Bag – The bag goes bad and is removed from battle.

8678080353_9741832d90_t.jpg

Bag of Sugar *
immune to instant KO*

Special: Bugs in the Bag – The bag goes bad and is removed from battle.

8679207728_93234ef1fb_t.jpg

Chocolate Bar
immune to instant KO*

Special: Last Samhain's Candy – The chocolate has gone bad and is removed from battle.

Party:

8665348867_7a3fe1b756_t.jpg

Dyric Rone
*Party Leader*

Male Human Assassin

Level 20 1/3 *Immune to Wood, Water, Earth, Ice, Fire, Wind, Lightning, Light, Darkness*

Power Bonus
: 1

Health
: 25/32

Power Bonus:
+1

S
P
: 3

Gold
: 115

Equipment
: Requiem (WP: 20; wood, light and darkness-elemental, ranged), Lucky Die, Tricorne (SP:3, Water, Wood, Earth, Ice, Fire, Wind, Lightning, Light, Darkness - elemental) Sticky Gloves
(Increases amount of gold stolen by 50%; handwear)

Inventory
: Double Chain Whip (WP:10), Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Longsword (WP: 3), Aquamarine (Water), Diamond, 4 Potions, 4 Grand Potions, Elixir, 2 Remedies, Mead, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, Skeleton Decoy, 3 Mythril Shards (3/4 of a Mythril), Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold), Bone, Grand Potion,
Winged Sandals, Pheonix Essence, Smelling Salt Bedroll, Shovel

6882536309_34131623d7_t.jpg

Cronk

Male Orc Paladin

Level 30 *Counterstriking* *Blessed* *Immune to Blind*

Health
: 48/48

Power Bonus:
+2

SP:

Ether
: 31/31

Gold
: 2

Equipment
:, Zoot's Bane (Suitable only for Cronk; WP: 12, Light), Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP: 9), Paladin's Armour (Suitable for Paladins, +5 SP, +2 Max Ether), Counterstrike Gloves (After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to their level), Elaborate Helmet (SP: 2), Ennoc's Gratitude (Artifact, Accessory, User Perma-Blessed and immune to Blind, Requires Light Weapon)

Inventory
: Beast Skewer (Lance; WP: 12), Twin Broadswords (WP:21, dual-strike, user is unable to use a shield), Flute of the Magi (WP:3, asleep-effect), Bedroll, Shovel, Holy Bomb, 2 Remedies, Bennetton's Seal, Topaz, Health Core, 2 Lightning Bombs, Bloody Pointy Stick (WP: 1), Health Core, Phoenix Essence, 2 Ether Cores, Scroll of Sealing

8446391115_66a502300b_t.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil

262 year old female Elven Shaman

Level 18.5
*Immune to Sealed*

Health:
35/35

Power Bonus:

SP:

Ether:
28/28

Gold:

Equipment:
Magical Staff (WP: 15,
Water
Darkness
, staff), Robe of the Archmage(SP:3, Max.Ether+5, protects from Sealed, bodywear), White Cloak(+3 Max health; backwear)

Inventory:
Mourning Star (WP:10,
Fire
,inflicts fragile-effect; mace), Crocodile Handbag (Max. ether +2, immunity to
water
; accessory), Shackles of War (prevents anyone fleeing; accessory),
Sapphire
Emerald
, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, 3 Grand Tonics, 2 Potions, 3 Elixirs, 2 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, Essence of Sorrow (50% assassination chance on non-immune target), Venom, 2 Fire Bombs, 3 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Dirt Bombs, 2 Air Bombs, Bone, Shovel, Bedroll

xander_hunter.jpg

Xander Unth'or

24 year-old male Human Hunter

Level 26.66
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Blindness and Fragile*
*Favors Beasts and Aquatic Monsters* *Earns Triple Experience*

Defense:

Health:
29/39

Power Bonus:

SP:

Gold:

Equipment:
Precision Bow (WP:19; all 'Aim's become 'Hit's), Hunter's Quiver of Marksmanship (WP:2 to a bow, allows the hunter to favor two types at the same time; protects from blindness-effect), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains triple experience, accessory)

Inventory:
Pongcanis Club (WP:8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP:3), Electro Gear (Wearer deals and is immune to
lightning
elemental damage, accessory), Aquamarine (
Water
), Topaz (
Lightning
) 3 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 5 Remedies, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Venom, Deadly Venom, Skeleton Decoy, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Bones, 3 Dragon Scales, Mead, 1 Level-Up Mushroom

QM Note: I'll go ahead and auto run to finish this off.

RESULTS FOR ROUND 4 OF THE COOKING COMPETITION:

>Xander - Does Nothing

Cronk vs. Dyric - No Healing

>Nerwen - Ice Bomb (10 to all other Enemies)

>Dyric vs. Does Nothing

Cronk - Blessed (Cronk: 48+3 HP= 48 HP)

Room 204: Fried Chicken!

Feral Hen

Bag of Flour

Carton of Eggs

Room 205: Surf and Turf with a side of Greens!

Mad Cow

Silver Carp

Basket of Corn

Room 206: Porkchops and Applesauce!

War Pig

Barrel of Apples

Bag of Sugar

Room 304: Mountain Cuisine!

Mountian Goat

Basket of Carrots

Basket of Mushrooms

Room 302: Just Deserts, Chocobanana Milkshake!

Basket of Bananas

Chocolate Bar

Carton of Milk

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

Party:

Dyric Rone
*Party Leader*

Male Human Assassin

Level 20 2/3 *Immune to Wood, Water, Earth, Ice, Fire, Wind, Lightning, Light, Darkness*

Power Bonus

Health
: 25/32

Power Bonus:
+1

S
P

Gold

Equipment
: Requiem (WP: 20; wood, light and darkness-elemental, ranged), Lucky Die, Tricorne (SP:3, Water, Wood, Earth, Ice, Fire, Wind, Lightning, Light, Darkness - elemental) Sticky Gloves

Inventory
: Double Chain Whip (WP:10), Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Longsword (WP: 3), Aquamarine (Water), Diamond, 4 Potions, 4 Grand Potions, Elixir, 2 Remedies, Mead, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, Skeleton Decoy, 3 Mythril Shards (3/4 of a Mythril), Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold), Bone, Grand Potion,
Winged Sandals, Pheonix Essence, Smelling Salt Bedroll, Shovel

Cronk

Male Orc Paladin

Level 30 1/4 *Counterstriking* *Blessed* *Immune to Blind*

Health

Power Bonus:
+2

SP:

Ether
: 31/31

Gold

Equipment
:, Zoot's Bane (Suitable only for Cronk; WP: 12, Light), Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP: 9), Paladin's Armour (Suitable for Paladins, +5 SP, +2 Max Ether), Counterstrike Gloves (After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to their level), Elaborate Helmet (SP: 2), Ennoc's Gratitude (Artifact, Accessory, User Perma-Blessed and immune to Blind, Requires Light Weapon)

Inventory
: Beast Skewer (Lance; WP: 12), Twin Broadswords (WP:21, dual-strike, user is unable to use a shield), Flute of the Magi (WP:3, asleep-effect), Bedroll, Shovel, Holy Bomb, 2 Remedies, Bennetton's Seal, Topaz, Health Core, 2 Lightning Bombs, Bloody Pointy Stick (WP: 1), Health Core, Phoenix Essence, 2 Ether Cores, Scroll of Sealing

Nerwen Calmcacil

Level 19
*Immune to Sealed*

Health:
36/36

Power Bonus:

SP:

Ether:
29/29

Gold:

Equipment:
Water
Darkness
, staff), Robe of the Archmage(SP:3, Max.Ether+5, protects from Sealed, bodywear), White Cloak(+3 Max health; backwear)

Inventory:
Fire
water
Sapphire
Emerald
, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, 3 Grand Tonics, 2 Potions, 3 Elixirs, 2 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, Essence of Sorrow (50% assassination chance on non-immune target), Venom, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Dirt Bombs, 2 Air Bombs, Bone, Shovel, Bedroll

xander_hunter.jpg

Xander Unth'or

Level 27 2/3
*Natural Respite*

Defense:

Health:
40/40

Power Bonus:

SP:

Gold:

Equipment:
Precision Bow (WP:19; all 'Aim's become 'Hit's), Hunter's Quiver of Marksmanship (WP:2 to a bow, allows the hunter to favor two types at the same time; protects from blindness-effect), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains triple experience, accessory)

Inventory:
Pongcanis Club (WP:8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP:3), Electro Gear (Wearer deals and is immune to
lightning
Water
), Topaz (
Lightning
) 3 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 5 Remedies, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Venom, Deadly Venom, Skeleton Decoy, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Bones, 3 Dragon Scales, Mead, 1 Level-Up Mushroom

8664142351_79613a9d89_t.jpg

"Well a little unconventional to say the least, but you finished all the dishes so you're free to take what ever you wish from the pantry."

Pantry Contents:

8685744711_73d80f4478_t.jpgBig Apple - Raises Power Bonus by 1 permenantly.

8686862312_2d4d77324e_t.jpgCarrot - Restores 5 health to the target, 10 to rabbits.

heroica-milk.jpg Milk - Restores 15 health and ether when consumed.

heroica-banana.jpg Banana - Restores full health to the target.

heroica-chickenleg.jpg Chicken Drumstick - Raises maximum health by 1 permanently.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

The battle competition over, I sit down, exhausted. I glance over at Cronk, wondering if he's suffered a similar insomnia since the Wren battle. People can't go on like this forever. Not without extreme consequences.

I think back to the competition. If that had been a real battle... perhaps I just wasn't fit to be a leader. Perhaps I was just liable to get people killed.

Perhaps it all just wasn't worth it anymore.

Nerwen potters about the kitchen cheerfully, stacking dishes used in the cooking away after the boys had washed up. Wiping down surfaces and putting unused ingredients out on a bench, ready to select from.

Perhaps Xander ought have the first pick, since it was his idea to use the bombs to cook the meats and chill the produce.

Nerwen noticed Dyric slumped in a corner, clearly exhausted, although the cooking had not been that draining. He was looking to Cronk, so Nerwen left it for the Orc paladin to speak to him first.

8664142351_79613a9d89_t.jpg

"Well, heroes that clean up after themselves, I'm impressed. Now if only the dumbwaiter wasn't busted, my job would be nearly complete. Ah well stairs will do my health some good. Make sure those buffoons in the cellar don't get into the wine while I'm delivering these meals, got it?"

With that the cyclops gathered up some of the meals and made his way upstairs. Cronk took a brief moment to heal Dyric, expending 1 ether.

Dyric Rone *Party Leader*

Male Human Assassin

Level 20 2/3 *Immune to Wood, Water, Earth, Ice, Fire, Wind, Lightning, Light, Darkness*

Power Bonus: 1

Health: 32/32

Power Bonus: +1

SP: 3

Gold: 115

Equipment: Requiem (WP: 20; wood, light and darkness-elemental, ranged), Lucky Die, Tricorne (SP:3, Water, Wood, Earth, Ice, Fire, Wind, Lightning, Light, Darkness - elemental) Sticky Gloves (Increases amount of gold stolen by 50%; handwear)

Inventory: Double Chain Whip (WP:10), Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Longsword (WP: 3), Aquamarine (Water), Diamond, 4 Potions, 4 Grand Potions, Elixir, 2 Remedies, Mead, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, Skeleton Decoy, 3 Mythril Shards (3/4 of a Mythril), Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold), Bone, Grand Potion, Winged Sandals, Pheonix Essence, Smelling Salt Bedroll, Shovel

Cronk

Male Orc Paladin

Health: 48/48

Power Bonus: +2

SP: 16

Ether: 30/31

Gold: 2

Equipment:, Zoot's Bane (Suitable only for Cronk; WP: 12, Light), Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP: 9), Paladin's Armour (Suitable for Paladins, +5 SP, +2 Max Ether), Counterstrike Gloves (After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to their level), Elaborate Helmet (SP: 2), Ennoc's Gratitude (Artifact, Accessory, User Perma-Blessed and immune to Blind, Requires Light Weapon)

Inventory: Beast Skewer (Lance; WP: 12), Twin Broadswords (WP:21, dual-strike, user is unable to use a shield), Flute of the Magi (WP:3, asleep-effect), Bedroll, Shovel, Holy Bomb, 2 Remedies, Bennetton's Seal, Topaz, Health Core, 2 Lightning Bombs, Bloody Pointy Stick (WP: 1), Health Core, Phoenix Essence, 2 Ether Cores, Scroll of Sealing

Edited by Waterbrick Down

What is wrong, Dyric? Dyric can speak to Cronk.

Perhaps friends should take look at dumbwaiter? There could be something of interest causing breakdown.

Cronk...

I messed up. Badly. If this had been a real battle, especially with someone as powerful as Wren... I'd have gotten us all killed. I... I haven't slept, Cronk. Not since the Temple of Zoot. That shouldn't excuse my actions though. That shouldn't change anything. What kind of leader am I? I told you I respected your judgement, and now I'm asking you for it. Am I fit to do this? Or am I liable to doom anyone I lead?

OoC: My natural respite should have restored my health. right?

"Dyric, we all make mistakes; we need to learn from them and move on. If we dwell on these issues, then nothing of worth will get done. You will redeem yourself, of this I'm sure."

Pausing, Xander continues: "If you don't mind, I am interested in the Chicken Drumstick, though I will take whatever you see fit to give me."

Oh, Dyric... Cronk has same argument with self when leader. Cronk did make some bad decisions when facing Wren. Friend Nyx said Cronk did best Cronk could. Cronk has to learn to be content with that knowledge. Cronk thinks Cronk will eventually accept it.

After Wren's defeat, Cronk sat by graves and played flute. The sun rose and set. The wind blew through the trees. The birds still sang. After a time, Cronk realized one thing. It is the small things, the ordinary things that keep beings going.

Do not focus on what might have been, look around and see what truly is. Dyric may have made a mistake but battle was still won. Now Dyric can learn from that experience. Become better leader. That is all any being can hope for.

Lead on, friend Dyric. Cronk knows that Dyric can do it.

Cronk would like apple. If little creature eats it, Cronk will be happy. If little creature does not, Cronk can eat apple.

Listening to Dyric's words, Nerwen said.

I have also led parties. I know it is not an easy job. You will get better at it as you listen to your fellow party members and make use of their strengths. Know that you have the support of everyone here.

Dyric, would you like the banana? Then I will take the carrot and milk.

Edited by Chromeknight

I nod slowly. They were right, of course. I can not help but be reminded of the Wren Hunters by Cronk's words. They always seemed to have a similar philosophy.

Looking down, I see my sword, the one relic I have left from my home. Perhaps... perhaps this is what I was meant to do. To lead. I smile faintly at the thought.

I stand up.

Alright then. Let's go.

Loot:

Apple - Cronk

Drumstick - Xander

Carrot and Milk - Nerwen

Banana - Dyric

Party:

Dyric Rone
*Party Leader*

Male Human Assassin

Power Bonus

Health
: 32/32

Power Bonus:
+1

S
P

Gold

Equipment

Inventory
Winged Sandals, Pheonix Essence, Smelling Salt Bedroll, Shovel, Banana (Restores full health to target)

Cronk

Male Orc Paladin

Health

Power Bonus:
+2

SP:

Ether
: 30/31

Gold

Equipment

Inventory
: Beast Skewer (Lance; WP: 12), Twin Broadswords (WP:21, dual-strike, user is unable to use a shield), Flute of the Magi (WP:3, asleep-effect), Bedroll, Shovel, Holy Bomb, 2 Remedies, Bennetton's Seal, Topaz, Health Core, 2 Lightning Bombs, Bloody Pointy Stick (WP: 1), Health Core, Phoenix Essence, 2 Ether Cores, Scroll of Sealing, Big Apple (Permenant increase of Power Bonus by 1)

Nerwen Calmcacil

Level 19
*Immune to Sealed*

Health:
36/36

Power Bonus:

SP:

Ether:
29/29

Gold:

Equipment:
Water
Darkness

Inventory:
Fire
water
Sapphire
Emerald
, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, 3 Grand Tonics, 2 Potions, 3 Elixirs, 2 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, Essence of Sorrow (50% assassination chance on non-immune target), Venom, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Dirt Bombs, 2 Air Bombs, Bone, Shovel, Bedroll, Milk (Restores 15 Health and Ether upon consumption), Carrot (Restores 5 Health, 10 to rabbits)

xander_hunter.jpg

Xander Unth'or

Level 27 2/3
*Natural Respite*

Defense:

Health:
40/40

Power Bonus:

SP:

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:
lightning
Water
), Topaz (
Lightning
) 3 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 5 Remedies, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Venom, Deadly Venom, Skeleton Decoy, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Bones, 3 Dragon Scales, Mead, 1 Level-Up Mushroom, Chicken Drumstick (Permant HP increase by 1)

With the cooking completed the Party contemplates its next actions.

"Sounds good, as long as everyone's business is done in the kitchen," Xander states as he munches on the chicken drumstick.

The party makes their way down to the cellar where they are promptly greeted by an elf and a human.

8665264067_7ae4dd0734_z.jpg

8666359654_d660a1288c_t.jpg

"Haha, so they finally sent down a rescue party."

8665260645_ed8b02dfee_t.jpg

"It's only been a few hours, hardly worth it."

"Building a temple to Ennoc, what does it look like we're doing?."

"Now Christian, let's not go burning bridges entirely with our past life. We're trying to fix the furnace. The thing has apparently been out of commission for a week now and ..."

"It'll be finished in another week at the rate we're going."

"It would go faster, if you weren't so afraid of dragons."

"It would go faster, if you knew the difference between a wrench and a hammer."

"I'm not sure... non-union labor and all that."

"Cut 'em some slack Jacob, we've been here long enough already haven't we?"

Christian leads the group to a section of the wall, at the foot of the wall barrels and crates of piping lie strewn about helter skelter.

"Seems like those drakes did a good job of messing it up. Can't tell what goes where."

8665263043_01dff3e7a6.jpg

8665263645_f511169561_m.jpg8665263725_7580c5a828_m.jpg8665263619_8ddf2a61ff_m.jpg8665263559_32a632b736_m.jpg

8666362922_42accc7e3c_m.jpg8665263689_16533bc534_m.jpg8665263021_41a97ce0db_m.jpg8666362228_39f68eeb37_m.jpg

QM Note: The solution should be posted indicated which piece goes into which position, i.e. Pipe M into the lower left spot. Make sure to bold your answer and try and limit it to one answer per person for the 1st round.