Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #65: Breaking Down the Door

8665243440_c1ca42ba2a.jpg

The assembled heroes make their way through the streets of Eubric arriving at the Inn of the Waltzing Dragon in no time at all. Across the street the Ziegfried Manor sits basking in the warmth of the noon day sun. For once, all in the bustling port city seems relatively peaceful.

8664143099_f8d27bc55e.jpg

Party:

8665348867_7a3fe1b756_t.jpg

Dyric Rone *Party Leader*

Male Human Assassin

Level 20 1/3 *Immune to Wood, Water, Earth, Ice, Fire, Wind, Lightning, Light, Darkness*

Power Bonus: 1

Health: 32/32

Power Bonus: +1

SP: 3

Gold: 115

Equipment: Requiem (WP: 20; wood, light and darkness-elemental, ranged), Lucky Die, Tricorne (SP:3, Water, Wood, Earth, Ice, Fire, Wind, Lightning, Light, Darkness - elemental) Sticky Gloves (Increases amount of gold stolen by 50%; handwear)

Inventory: Double Chain Whip (WP:10), Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Longsword (WP: 3), Aquamarine (Water), Diamond, 4 Potions, 4 Grand Potions, Elixir, 2 Remedies, Mead, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, Skeleton Decoy, 3 Mythril Shards (3/4 of a Mythril), Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold), Bone, Grand Potion, Winged Sandals, Pheonix Essence, Smelling Salt Bedroll, Shovel

6882536309_34131623d7_t.jpg

Cronk

Male Orc Paladin

Level 30 *Counterstriking* *Blessed* *Immune to Blind*

Health: 48/48

Power Bonus: +2

SP: 16

Ether: 31/31

Gold: 2

Equipment:, Zoot's Bane (Suitable only for Cronk; WP: 12, Light), Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP: 9), Paladin's Armour (Suitable for Paladins, +5 SP, +2 Max Ether), Counterstrike Gloves (After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to their level), Elaborate Helmet (SP: 2), Ennoc's Gratitude (Artifact, Accessory, User Perma-Blessed and immune to Blind, Requires Light Weapon)

Inventory: Beast Skewer (Lance; WP: 12), Twin Broadswords (WP:21, dual-strike, user is unable to use a shield), Flute of the Magi (WP:3, asleep-effect), Bedroll, Shovel, Holy Bomb, 2 Remedies, Bennetton's Seal, Topaz, Health Core, 2 Lightning Bombs, Bloody Pointy Stick (WP: 1), Health Core, Phoenix Essence, 2 Ether Cores, Scroll of Sealing

8446391115_66a502300b_t.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil

262 year old female Elven Shaman

Level 18.5 *Immune to Sealed*

Health: 35/35

Power Bonus: 0

SP: 3

Ether: 28/28

Gold: 31

Equipment:Magical Staff (WP: 15, Water, Darkness, staff), Robe of the Archmage(SP:3, Max.Ether+5, protects from Sealed, bodywear), White Cloak(+3 Max health; backwear)

Inventory:Mourning Star (WP:10, Fire,inflicts fragile-effect; mace), Crocodile Handbag (Max. ether +2, immunity to water; accessory), Shackles of War (prevents anyone fleeing; accessory), Sapphire, Emerald, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, 3 Grand Tonics, 2 Potions, 3 Elixirs, 2 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, Essence of Sorrow (50% assassination chance on non-immune target), Venom, 3 Fire Bombs, 4 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Dirt Bombs, 2 Air Bombs, Bone, Shovel, Bedroll

xander_hunter.jpg

Xander Unth'or

24 year-old male Human Hunter

Level 26.66 *Natural Respite* *Immune to Blindness and Fragile* *Favors Beasts and Aquatic Monsters* *Earns Triple Experience*

Defense: 5

Health: 39/39

Power Bonus: 0

SP: 5

Gold: 1

Equipment: Precision Bow (WP:19; all 'Aim's become 'Hit's), Hunter's Quiver of Marksmanship (WP:2 to a bow, allows the hunter to favor two types at the same time; protects from blindness-effect), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains triple experience, accessory)

Inventory: Pongcanis Club (WP:8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP:3), Electro Gear (Wearer deals and is immune to lightning elemental damage, accessory), Aquamarine (Water), Topaz (Lightning) 3 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 5 Remedies, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Venom, Deadly Venom, Skeleton Decoy, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Bones, 3 Dragon Scales, Mead, 1 Level-Up Mushroom

QM Note: Please check your stats and mention any necessary corrections in your first post.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Xander arrives at the inn before the other heroes, settling near the door of the building to wait on the others.

OoC: Updated my stats, let me know if you have any questions WBD.

After shopping and a short prayer at the altar of Sem, Nerwen returns to Heroica in time for the party to leave. The bustle of the city separates the party a little, though it is quieter on the street where the inn sits. Nerwen arrives first and checks her cloak and satchel to make sure nothing had gone missing under the light fingers of tithe city's pickpockets.

All good. she said, half to herself. Passing a Nôrn she sees a red cloaked man by the door, but merely nods to him and waits for the rest of her party.

A she turns a shadow detaches itself from the wall. The hunter, Xander, arrived before her.

She grasps his hand warmly

Xander! My heart sings to see you. You look well. And well equipped. I heard you slew a dragon?

Edited by Chromeknight

"Nerwen, it has been too long! It will be my honor to share another quest with you," Xander exclaims as he steps out of the shadow to accepts Nerwen's extended hand.

"What you heard is true; our team was formidable, and the dragon fell with unexpected ease. However, we have been in the fields for what has seemed like ages. What adventures have you gone on since we last quested together?"

I nod briefly to Xander, who I know. I try not to think to hard of the last time I met someone with a name like that, and wait for Cronk.

OOC: Stats look good, but I can't see your two pics.

Nerwen moves to face the other hero who walks up without saying a word. Another cam'wethrin edan. She greets him anyway.

Stars shine on our meeting young master. I am Nerwen, Elven blood-healer. Are you Dyric Rone?

Replying to Xander she says,

I was with a large group of heroes that faced a necromancer and a demon in a dark temple beneath the city. I then ended the tyranny of the dark general over the city of Miranda. And defended Nemo Boneparte against his own brother who sought to overthrow him. And yourself? What have you done? And have you seen Sarick? The Naga mage? I have not since Dastan.

Edited by Chromeknight

Nerwen smiles.

The quest board listed four heroes by name. Since I know you are not Cronk or Xander, that leaves only Dyric as your name. But beyond name, who are you? You are clearly a man and a rogue of sorts, what else ought we know of you?

I smile in return.

I suppose you're right. In earnest my tale is awfully long, and I am sure there are those who are tired of hearing it. In short, I was a Prefect of Duplovia, a guard of the King. When a new king was elected, King Somoril, things changed. King Somoril had a tough-on-crime policy, and when he realized my family and I studied rogue-ish ways, he punished us. During the months of torture, many of the ones I cared for were struck down to make a point. I was banished, and my brother was spared, that the King may still have a Prefect. It should be noted, I suppose, that King Somoril has done a lot of good for the country, despite his acts.

I realize already this tale is growing long, so I shall try to speed things up. I came to Heroica, and tried to find purpose, and a path for revenge. Instead I discovered new-found hope and friendship, but eventually was thrown into battle with the Dark Lady Wren. I vowed to stop her, and eventually to protect Eubric from people like her until things would settle down and the chaos subside.

Thus I stand before you now, an Assassin of the Light, devoted to saving Eubric. And what ought I know of you, Nerwen Calmaci?

You can see than I am an elf. I have seen more than 250 summers, including some in Duplovia, but that was a long while ago. Since joining Heroica I have fought in Dastan and Miranda and both outside and underneath the city. I harbour no grand schemes of changing the world or avenging wrongs.m I am merely making my way.

And what does it mean to be an assassin of the light? I assume you do not go find light sources and kill them. You'd have to start with that very sparkly tricorn you wear.

Nerwen smiled to take the sting from her words, but the question stood.

I laugh lightly. No, not exactly. In fact, you could say its just the opposite. You say you've fought in Dastan, so I assume you've at least heard of the Dark Lady Wren, who I mentioned before. Well, when I was fighting her chaos beasts in the plains of Haddon, it became clear that pure evil like that had to be stopped, or it would destroy everything. This became doubly clear during a mission for the Guild of Invision, where I found that the children of the Hinckwell and Shadeoux Houses were close friends. I realized then, that if someone could hold back these forces of evil until these two young men took control of the houses, Eubric might finally see days of peace. So I've devoted my life to fighting these forces, and assassinating high-priority sources of this darkness, like Wren. I personally killed the Pongcanis warlord Vonnetate, who's head I carry with me still. At this point the future of Eubric is essentially to me, and little else save the close friendships I've made.

Cronk runs in, huffing and puffing.

Cronk.... needs more....exercise...

Cronk is sorry for being late. Cronk fell asleep playing flute on hill.

OOC: Everything looks great.

I nod politely to Nerwen, then take a moment aside with Cronk.

Cronk, I shouldn't have to tell you I'm new at this whole party-leading business. If you want to voice your opinion or give any advice, I just want you to know, I respect your judgement.

Ah breathed Nerwen, understanding.

I have heard of Lady Wren, but it is hard to seperate truth from embellishment. Stoping pure evil is goal to which one could devote a lifetime. I shall watch your work with interest.

Hello friend Cronk. I look forward to hearing you play your flute sometime.

Edited by Chromeknight

Cronk, I shouldn't have to tell you I'm new at this whole party-leading business. If you want to voice your opinion or give any advice, I just want you to know, I respect your judgement.

Cronk is sure Dyric will be fine. Being leader is tough job but beings normally rise to challenge. Cronk will give advice if Cronk thinks Dyric needs some.

Hello friend Cronk. I look forward to hearing you play your flute sometime.

Cronk is afraid that Cronk's flute playing is still very much a work in progress. Cronk should stick to playing solo for now. That is "solo" that no other being can hear. Ha! Seriously, though, Cronk will keep practicing. Some day Cronk may be more comfortable playing in public.

QM Note: All right everyone's good to go. Game on.

The heroes now fully assembled, continue to stand before the Inn of the Waltzing Dragon. The man in red returns Nerwen's nod and traders, merchants, and everyday common folk pass back and forth along the quiet street.

Nerwen pokes Dyric and Xander with the butt of her staff then steps up to the red-cloaked man and asked.

Can you point using he direction of Mr Greely please?

As she does so, I go and speak to the Norm.

Greetings there, ma'am. Would you perhaps know a Mr. Greely?

Xander watches Nerwen and Dyric interact with the two individuals by the entrance to the inn, one hand reaching back slightly to confirm the bow on his back while sending a friendly nod Cronk's way.

Edited by posades

Nerwen pokes Dyric and Xander with the butt of her staff then steps up to the red-cloaked man and asked.

Can you point using he direction of Mr Greely please?

8665260665_b3e905526d_t.jpg

"I'm sure Benedict Greely can be found inside. I see you must be from Heroica, only a group so well armed and of such various backgrounds would be standing in the middle of the street on such a fine day seeming to be going nowhere. Is that Mr. Cronk I see? It seems like it's been an age since you last visited Ziegfried Manor, my good orc." The red cloaked man extends his hand to Cronk.

As she does so, I go and speak to the Norm.

Greetings there, ma'am. Would you perhaps know a Mr. Greely?

8665260511_9cb94228f1_t.jpg

"Hello, I'm afraid I don't know this Mr. Greely you are referring to. I'm sure if you found one of the local merchants or traders, they could point you in the right direction. They do seem to know everyone in this sprawling city."

Thank you.

Nerwen steps past Altair Ziegfried without recognizing him as he extends a hand to Cronk.

She opens the door and steps inside the Waltzing Dragon.

I see Nerwen move inside, and turn back to the Norm.

Sorry for bothering you. Have a nice day!

I follow Nerwen.