Sign in to follow this  
Mark of Falworth

(LCC)[Moc] The Mission of a Lifetime

8659669496_338d11a876_c.jpg

Built for the Heroes Guild level Master 1

"Your hero presenting the treasure and slain beast to the king"

Mark of Falworth was finally able to complete his journey across the vast expanse of the Galaphona desert. He arrived at the capital city and proceeded to the palace of Lorean to see the Prince Jarius, who he had not seen since his return to Loreos from the magic isles.

8659670264_1e18354ac0_n.jpg

"Greetings, noble prince! I have brought you a small keepsake from the island of lost souls!"

"Greetings, Lord Falworth! The prince said warmly as he stepped from his throne. "Why, is that the head of the mighty dragon Mindarus the cunning!?"

"Indeed it is, sire, but he was not so cunning as you would have thought... for I killed him with a trick of my sword."

8659671920_8a0639f43a_n.jpg

"My goodness Mark, you must have a grand time as you go gallivanting across the world as a knight errant. Slaying mighty dragons, and defeating your adversaries." The prince said with a smile.

"Yes, 'tis a noble calling. But right at present I have no errant, and there is nothing I hate worse than inactivity..."

8658568975_a804d3e8b8_n.jpg

"..And that is why I have come to you. There must be something I can do for the Glory of Loreos! Especially with war recently broken out. Perhaps I can assemble a fleet, and raid the coasts of Garheim? Or maybe lead a surprise expedition south to the swamps, and crush the outlaws while they are least suspecting it...?"

8659675294_cf7a02de99_n.jpg

"Hahaha! If every knight in Loreos was as keen for action as you, nephew, I should be king of Roawia in a fortnight." The prince thought for a moment.

"...but I do have a very important mission I would like to set you on. Do you remember when I contracted an alliance with the house of Wenseclaus to secure peace between Loreos and Lenfald?"

"Yes, I remember, But the High Lord Godfrey Wenseclaus II died not to long afterwards without an heir, there was much civil disorder as the nobles of Lenfald fought to straighten things out."

"Your statement is true, except for one facet. Godfrey Wenseclaus II did, and still does, have a legitimate heir!"

Mark took a step backwards in shock.

"What!? That is impossible! The reports from Lenfald..."

"...Are not always as truthful as they should be, Mark. This scandalous treachery is, no doubt, the work of the evil baron who tried to seize the province after the High Lord died.

The true heir was being held prisoner in a small castle to the south of Isil Oro and he just barely managed to escape some weeks ago."

"I can still hardly believe it!" Mark shook his head. "Where is the heir now?"

The prince smiled. "In the hallway waiting for me to call him in."

8659678686_25295ec5d0_n.jpg

The prince rang a bell and the door at the end of the hall opened, and a tiny lad of about eleven-years-old skipped towards them.

"Mark, allow me to present Lord Chartres Wenseclaus, the true heir to the province of Lenfald."

'Well, welcome to Loreos, Chartres. I hope you have found it pleasant so far?"

"Indeed I have Lord Falworth, It is good to be among friends at last!"

8658572605_311485162e_n.jpg

The prince continued. "I intend to reestablish young Chartres to his rightful place on the throne of Lenfald."

"A wise move, Uncle. Such a step would greatly damage the reputation and the cause of the ridiculous imp Triphian."

"Indeed, but I am certain that Triphian, having ruled Lenfald for some time, will not give up his title and position to one younger then himself. So we Loreesi must be the force of justice. And I intend to put my best man at the front of this planned restoration."

8659680878_9c96ffac02_n.jpg

Mark's puzzled expression allowed the prince to continue.

"Yes, Mark. As one of my most warlike and powerful vassals you are a perfect choice for the job."

"I will gladly serve in any way you need me to, Uncle. But could you be more specific? "

"You will take charge of young Chartres, train him in warlike exercises, and lead a substantial force into Lenfald in an attempt to restore him, the true ruler, to the people of that province. A third of the army of Loreos will be at your disposal, that combined with your own extensive forces should be ample for anything you might choose to accomplish."

"I could not refuse such a glorious mission! Thank you, Jarius!"

"You are entirely welcome, Mark! I am glad to have such a weighty matter off my mind, now that I know everything humanly possible will be done. Godspeed."

And with that the prince returned to his throne.

8659667958_1579bf678d_n.jpg

Mark of Falworth turned to little Chartres. "Well, lad, it seems we have much work to do."

"Indeed, Lord Falworth! I hope we shall be successful!" Chartres smiled beneath his freckles.

"I believe we shall. But first... we must find you a good suit of armor." Mark winked.

You can also see the pictures and read the story on Flickr! :)

Thanks for viewing and have a great day! :grin:

Edited by Mark of Falworth

Great job on this, Mark of Falworth! The room has just the right amount of detail and I love the use of tan and red with their dark counterparts. You took great photographs of the build, as well. I always like seeing what you make.

Awesome stuff Mark, I commented on flickr already but gonna comment here also. Agree with jamesn you have used a good mix of colors to make it look just right and a great and suitable throneroom for Loreesi ruler Jarius. I also like the combo on the guards you have made. Great stuff.

Great Throne Room! Great figs! Great Build! And incredible story! Truly amazing work here!

Great job Mark! Fun read, great pictures, nice MOC all around. Looking forward to what happens next! ;)

Wow! Great build Mark! I love the story too. I love the big windows! The columns with the lion at the top are great! Great job! :classic::thumbup:

Wow....this is such a beautiful set! I love the columns, the tiles and color scheme; it really adds to the royal feel of the Throne Room. And the story is a really nice addition to the already amazing build - kinda makes it feel alive :D

Awesome scene, are those scrolls that the minifigs are holding new? Also, those shoulder pads look like something out of World of Warcraft!

Great scene. I always love seeing your builds. This also has a great story along with it. It will be interesting to see it progress.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30274 are the lion statues. They come in a few sets.

And I believe the scrolls are a non-LEGO custom. I've seen them on a few websites before, but don't remember which.

Thanks a bunch everyone! :grin:

Awesome scene, are those scrolls that the minifigs are holding new? Also, those shoulder pads look like something out of World of Warcraft!

The scrolls are from Brickwarriors.

http://www.brickwarriors.com/Scroll.aspx

And the shoulder pads are from Brickforge.

http://www.brickforge.com/store/home.php?cat=441

:classic: